“Perfect”

GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 3, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I usually stay at the Ibis Budget/Etap hotel in the same car park but got a pre-pay deal on this room which made it only a few quid more than the Etap, so... I have to say that €17.50 to park overnight seems a bit steep... also breakfast is €14 or so, so I skipped that. The room seemed very well appointed for an Ibis, with a mini-fridge, ironing facility, coffee/tea making equipment, and this room (4410) had AC- which I understand is only in a small percentage of the rooms! Was welcome indeed on a very hot summer day. This room had the new "snuggling bunnies" bed, which was seriously comfortable. Shuttle service to/from the hotel reliable as usual, and wifi is also free now. Will certainly stay here again, especially if I can get a decently appointed room again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your extensive review.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by our hotel staff members and our new "Sweet bed by ibis". It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't try our full hot and cold buffet breakfast.

We hope to welcome you back soon in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Kimberly Peters
Sales Coordinator

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Free shuttle bus to and from the airport goes every 10 mins from 5am until just after 1am. Pick up is out side arrivals by the car hire companies. Pleasant, clean hotel room. Large bed with international TV channels. Hotel staff were extremely helpful and definitely go the extra mile. The hotel has at least 3 places to eat, an Italian, normal kind of restaurant and an American style diner. I ordered a lovely take out pizza from the Italian which was great since I was a lone female traveler. The host was able to answer all my questions and even left his post to be able to make sure I was getting the best deal on restaurant drinks vs vending machine. Staff walking the corridors also would say hi, even the cleaning staff. Managed to make a mess of my room in the morning when my orange juice bottle exploded on the laminate floor. I didn't have time to fully clean it up but when I checked out the receptionist made no fuss at all when I told her about my incident. Very busy hotel, many big groups were staying however it is a large hotel and they managed the logistics very well.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from reception. Many big groups arrive at this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Carola van der Linden

Reviewed July 29, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed July 28, 2013

First, it is quite the shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel. I utilized the shuttle several times and am happy to say that I escaped without bruises, I can't say the same for other passengers. The rooms are small but meets one's needs, minimal linens, and no air conditioning per se except the windows. The staff is friendly and willing to help. The restaurants are poor, lack consistency, and are only open limited hours. There is a vending service area but the offerings are weak and one machine was out of order. A note for anyone traveling to Amsterdam, Amex isn't accepted for the exceptional train system...only chip and pin MC and Visa are accepted...if you don't have you have to go to the ATM withdraw Euros, go to the train counter, pay extra and acquire your tickets.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Amsterdam Airport. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the shuttle and the restaurants, which we will address.

Kind regards,

Carola van der Linden
Commercial Manager

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the Ibis in June as part of a Trafalgar tour stop. The hotel rooms were simple, enough for a one night stop on my European tour. The bathroom in the room seemed prefabricated and modular but not a problem. Breakfast was okay. Not many places within walking distance from the hotel. there is a gift shop if you want to buy some items from your stay in Amsterdam. Check in was a little slow, surprising as you would expect the hotel to handle tour groups a little better, at least have rooms and keys, etc. set up and ready prior to the tour arriving. It was fun seeing the rabbits roam the grounds in the back, hope they don't breed too much as it could create a health problem.

my experience with the gift shop was terrible. I didn't bring an umbrella for my tour so I bought one at the gift shop. We went out on a canal and amsterdam tour but it was a little rainy. It didn't rain hard but the umbrella didn't even last 3 hours before it started leaking and dripping. Later that evening I returned to the gift shop to comment about the umbrella. the same girl there just smiled and walked away, guess she knew that the umbrellas were inferior? I find it appalling that a hotel would have a gift shop selling inferior items and not refunding the customer. Not sure how it is in europe but better hotel gift shops would refund the customer for an inferior product. I threw away the umbrella before I even left the hotel.

Sorry Kimberly, apologies won't help this customer's review of the hotel and the hotel lost a customer. I will be relaying my complaint to trafalgar since they use the hotel on their tours.

Room Tip: when buying items from the gift shop, be sure to check to make sure the product isn't inferior.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear guest,

I regret to hear our service did not meet your expectations. As you will understand we want to provide our guests with the best service. We treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness, this is very important for us to be able to improve our quality of service.

I can assure you that we had a full investigation and we sent a personalized e-mail to provide you with the most pertinent answers.

Hereby, I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies. I hope our e-mail has found you well. Should you require any information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Hopefully you can give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future and I do thank you again for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Kimberly Peters - Sales Coordinator

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was a shock arriving in northern europe after finding pleasant little stop overs in italy, france and germany. Amsterdam is an expensive place with a lot of very expensive accommodation and by an unhappy accident I found my way to the Ibis hotel last week. I wouldn't agree with the review elsewhere comparing it to an east european remand centre; to my mind it makes one feel how a battery hen feels. But then I know this kind of place is not uncommon in our world, but I feel they should be avoided unless absolutely necessary. The lad at the desk, Normelsky I think he was named, very unusual, was very kind and human, and the other staff I met were fine, but I was horrified to find no cafe or canteen or restaurant for coffee in the morning, just machines. One thing this has taught me is never ever ever to find myself again at a loss in Amsterdam and always book my accommodation ahead and with great care.

Room Tip: Helpful desk staff will sincerely try to do their best in difficult circumstances
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

We treat all reviews with the utmost seriousness and welcome all feedback as it gives us an opportunity to maintain our good service.

At this moment we are the only hotel in the airport region with breakfast opening hours from 4am untill noon. On the second floor we also have a american dinner which is open from 8:30 am for coffee and sanwiches.

Thank you again for your extensive feedback. Hopefully we, or one of our other accor hotels can better serve you in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Kimberly Peters
Sales Coordinator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Badhoevedorp
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam
citizenM Schiphol Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Tulip Inn Amsterdam Airport

Been to Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!