“Business Trip”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Zeegse
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed here a few time when visiting a company based in Tynaarlo /Vries so the location is very convenient. Quiet location in wooded area next to small village so geared to walking / cycling etc. restaurant was excellent they have an open kitchen where food can be selected and cooked to order!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Scotland
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was a last minute booking for us, but it didnt disappoint.We spent a very comfortable few days in this hotel, the food was good, and the staff were excellent. Having tea and coffee in the room would have nice. The surroundings are very peaceful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel's setting (nature reserve) is the main reason to visit. It's a rambling oldish and pretty ugly building with dated but comfortable rooms. Pretty good food, and they cope very well with conference goups - both functions and set-ups for seminars. The staff are friendly and efficient. A word of warning - the balcony doors lock if you close them behind you, and on a cold winter's night you could be stuck with no-one in earshot... I was.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kiwijj
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 31, 2012

For the first time in my life I had a suite (room 176) with jacuzzi bath. The suite is nicely situated, with nice view but is not a real suite as the bed and living room are together, Just a separate children's room.
Minibar but empty so good for own things. Some cheap goodies on the table. Nice lighting and nice colourful furniture and very soft large double bed.
Very small TV fixed high on wall. Almost no non-Dutch channels and no radio.
Suite has airco (unliked other rooms).
BIG problem and annoyance is that the sound isolation is TERRIBLE. Never in my life I heard the neighbours under me, in ANY of over 300 hotels. Children alway talk loud and you can hear them clearly in that suite which is supposed to be quiet and romantic.
This of course also means they can hear my jacuzzi and the hotel staff does not warn for such things.
Room manual with all sorts of uselss info but NOT about having to be quiet because of thin floor.
When checking out I had to hear that the neighbours under me had complained about me . No interest in MY experiences, but this is normal in hotels in Holland, They never ask if you liked it and dont care anyway, except very seldomly. No apologies from staf for not having informed me about thin floors and that they were under me. I thought they were next to me and would not hear my jacuzzi (bathroom is not next to next room and suite is at end of building).
At check-in I had told them that I am VERY noise-sensitive but they don't care.
Fletcher is Holland's worst hotel chain and I will never come back.
Don't take breakfast. It is not worth the money. Bring your own breakfast and put it in minibar (in all rooms).
If you take the suite, ask first about who is under you !!!

No bus to this small village, I walked from Gasteren and then to Tynaarlo, quite nice nature area.

Room Tip: Suite 176 is good BUT be prepared for noise from under you and take a jacuzzi bath when neighbours u...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Zeegse hotels

Belgium
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night and booked a family room via www.weekendjeweg.be. Our young children could stay in our room for free and paid half price for breakfast. We have stayed here before years back and good to see that they keep renovating the hotel. Rooms were freshly decorated. Friendly staff. We enjoyed the small indoor pool and our children liked the bouncy castle and play area. We did not have dinner at the hotel and decided to dine at the steak house down the road which was more child friendly. However, breakfast was tasty, perhaps a little overpriced but we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.
We explored the area from this hotel and went to Borger to see some hunebedden (dolmen), the Orvelte museum village and visted Kamp Westerbork.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Tolkamer, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Hotel is a bit old but still everything is well maintained. The rooms are of a good size and the the beds are a bit old. To soft for me. The rooms that we had was provided with a balcony.

The heating was good and since it was winter we needed it. There does not seem to be an airco so in summer it might be a bit to hot.

You have to shower in bath and that is something I don't like to much. The bath was not provide with an anti slip.

The restaurants are ok. We used the Fondue and the live coocking restaurant. Both have good food but the selection is limited. I can not eat red meats which meant during the live coocking I had to eat Fish. They had no Chicken or Pork and that was a pitty.

The breakfast is good. They prepare the eggs to your liking but also here they should do just a little more to make it a very good experience.

The personel was very frendly and did what they needed to do. Sometimes we noticed that they are a little understaffed but that could also be caused by the fact that we where there during new year celebrations.

We enjoyed our time here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Situated off the beaten track, we were amazed to find a large hotel with all amenities: wi-fi, restaurants, bar, swimming pool and meeting rooms. Our room had a Scandinavian theme. There was a balcony, the toilet and shower room were separated by the hall and the electric adjustable beds were very comfortable. We did not eat in the hotel but enjoyed the surroundings in the bar and fireplace lounge. During the day there were several conferences being held but this did not distract from the relaxing atmosphere in the hotel. Peace and quiet plus excellent value - definitely recommendable!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zeegse
Brinkhotel Zuidlaren
Hampshire Hotel - Plaza Groningen
De Bonte Wever
De Bonte Wever
#2 of 3 in Assen

Been to Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant De Zeegser Duinen? Share your experiences!