“Amazing Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paul's Recept

Paul's Recept
Reserve with
Paul's Recept is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 117 Restaurants in Noordwijk
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European, Dutch
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pasadena, CA
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

My colleagues and I come to Noordwijk frequently for business with the nearby European Space Agency center. This was my first time trying Paul's Recept and it was absolutely wonderful. The restaurant is conveniently located around the corner from the Palace Hotel, a short walk up from the beach. We were warmly greeted and shown to our table for four. The menu is very interesting as you can order any selection as a starter or a main course, the main courses simply having twice as much food for about twice as much money. I had the tuna meal which consisted of tuna served four ways: sushi, sashimi, tartare, and seared. The tuna served was the dark red type that is rich in flavor and each type was very tasty, I thought it might not be enough food but with two of each type, I had trouble finishing all of it. One of my colleagues had halibut and another had plaice, but I can't remember what the fourth person had. Nevertheless, everyone found their meals excellent. We also tried two of the desserts (creme brulee and chocolate cake) and were all very happy with them. Service was very good throughout. It was a bit on the expensive side (45 euros/person with wine) but well worth it. I will be happy to go back my next time in Noordwijk.

• Visited November 2013

VA
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant very near the huge Huis ter Duin hotel. We noticed it while walking around the neighborhood and saw they had several stickers from restaurant reviewers, including Michelin. The seafood was extremely fresh and well-prepared and the service was friendly and flawless. Don't miss the molten chocolate souffle cake.

• Visited April 2013