Radisson Blu Palace Hotel, Noordwijk Aan Zee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Groessen
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 14, 2009

Very good hotel nearby the dutch coast! Noordwijk is also a great place to stay.

Good value for money, Enthusiastic staff! Had a great stay with my girl friend!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Germany
Reviewed October 14, 2008

We stayed at Palace Hotel for one night on January 4th, 2008. As a Leaders Club member I booked via Leading Hotels a standard room for 160,-- Euro/night, breakfast for two and taxes included.

It was the fourth time I stayed at Palace Hotel and I always got value for money. Compared to many other "luxury" hotels in Holland, Palace Hotel often has good rates (I stayed here for 120,-- Euro/night as well) and a nice, unagitated and modern atmosphere. The doorman took care of our car and the luggage at arrival. Check in was efficient, we got an upgrade to room 2516. The room was quite big with seating area, separate sleeping corner, separate toilet and a bathroom with bathtub and shower stall.

As we prefer two separate blankets, the housekeeping changed the bedding immediately. We were asked if we prefer red or white wine as a Leaders Club welcome gift, we did chosse red wine but the wine wasn't delivered to the room that evening or the next day...

All aspects one expects in a Leading hotel were met like turn down, shoe shine and a newspaper in the morning. Only the breakfast could be better: We arrived about 15 minutes before closing the buffet and many items weren't available at this time (like scrambled eggs or fresh fruits). The guests also had to press the orange juice on their own.

Parking did cost 17,50 Euro/night.

All in all a nice alternative to expensive five star hotels in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or The Hague.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank warum
nr. Colchester
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Had a four night stay here as one of a group on a coach holiday. My room was at street level with a balcony easily accessed from the street but when I told staff of my nervousness about this as a woman on my own, they quickly found me a room on a higher level. Bedrooms are excellent with huge beds. Showers out of this world - two seats, overhead and/or side showers, steam with/without eucalyptus - main topic of conversation at breakfast, they were brilliant. Dining experience was odd, the food excellent but as part of a group, at a fixed time without any choice, which we hadn't expected for this standard of hotel. Swimming pool small and of a single, approximately 5 feet depth. Overall, a good hotel with friendly staff and great location. Also loved the sand sculptures along the sea front

• Liked — The Showers
  • Disliked — The dining room
  • Stayed August 2008
1 Thank essexgirl23
Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2008

5 * facilities, 0* service

Upon arrival my friends and I were greeted in a rude, bordering on agressive manner, without any welcome at all.

On my return home I discovered that in addition to the one transaction I had authorised on my credit card to pay the bill on the final night of my stay, the hotel had also charged my card 3 other times with amounts totalling over £1066. After four emails to the hotel (3 of which were not responded to) and two telephone calls (also without response) I have had to refer the matter to my bank for them to sort it out directly with the hotel as my efforts to resolve this with the hotel have been ignored.

I find it incredible that any hotel would not respond to a complaint by its guests, especially in a matter as serious as this.

The facilities in the hotel are great but in my experience the staff are rude and the service atrocious. It concerns me greatly to note that other travellers have had a similiar experience re. the overcharging of money.

Wouldn't recommend on this basis.

• Liked — The treatments in the wellness center (spa)
  • Disliked — being overcharged and treated in a horrible way by staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
5 Thank Lovetravel85
UK
Reviewed July 1, 2008

A reasonable hotel but spoilt by being charged twice for a 3-night stay. Although a refund was given I am still almost 40 Euros out of pocket as the refund was not at the same rate as the initial charge. The hotel has not even had the courtesy to acknowledge my email on the subject. They have completely ignored the issue. So much for customer relations!! I am clearly not the first customer that this has happened to. Maybe I should have learnt from the experience of a colleague who had the same problem. I will not be staying at this hotel again and will advise my hotel booking service not to use it either.

Stayed May 2008
4 Thank Kenyi
Watauga, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Definately not a 5* hotel, maybe a 3* at best. The rooms are nice, breakfast buffet adaquate. Staff is terrible. They over charged me by alot and would not give me a credit. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — it had a good view of the ocean
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank geek_mama_usa
denver, colorado
Reviewed June 8, 2007

Stayed 2 nights in mid-May
Fabulous showers, steam, multiple jets, really nice; very comfortable beds
Staff were not welcoming or helpful, agree with previous posts about chilly reception and service; good breakfast buffet though
This is really a business hotel which hosts meetings and conferences, it is a several-block trek down to the beach
There is a fabulous new restaurant the Allerlei across the street to the southeast from the front entrance of the hotel: go there!
Main town shopping is close by and a nice walk
Be aware if booking for leisure travel

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lcacsd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noordwijk
Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin
Beach Hotel Noordwijk
Beach Hotel Noordwijk
#8 of 27 in Noordwijk
NH Noordwijk Conference Centre Leeuwenhorst

Been to Radisson Blu Palace Hotel, Noordwijk Aan Zee? Share your experiences!