“Good and afordable food”

The Old Smuggler's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Balzan
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We run a small but elite rustic bar/pub and restaurant serving genuine never ending list of genuine single malts, whiskies, vodkas, beers and wines. Our dining area offers you a taste of Maltese typical home cooking, so nothing is prepared before you order your lunch or dinner. The establishment is family run and is open fro 11 am till 01 am daily so you can pop in any time.From coffee and tea to the finest brandies. Only the finest fresh ingredients are used including fresh egg based pasta, fresh beef fillet and USDA ribeye (400gms)If you are in a rush try our mouth savouring home baked rolls and wraps.
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We usually came here for our deco drinks after the dives. It's a cute little restaurant with a wide selection of food (traditional + pasta, pizza etc.). The servings are huge, I usually only had the small pizza and often trouble finishing it. The beer is cold, the staff very friendly, and the atmopshere lovely. We only stayed on the patio because it was so warm, but the interior looked nice, too. I found the way they organize your bill so cool! Go and find out yourself :-)

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

I keep returning for what I think is one of the best chicken salads on the island. The place is nicely done up and the staff very friendly. The food takes a while to arrive as it is prepared on order, it is however well worth the wait. Prices are reasonable too.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed August 4, 2018

Generally I used to enjoy eating at this place, even though my pro-environment conscience used to prick me for this operator encroached on the public pavement (as so many others did at the time and hence). Yet the last time I patronised this restaurant (with 3 other family members) the part time cook seemed to have it for me as he poured loads of salt in each of the cooked dishes we had (probably he took exception for some public spirited comments I make now and again in the local (and international media)

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

A great meal with friends. Welcoming staff and tasty food. Reasonable prices and varied menu. Would definitely recommend a visit.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

This is a small place that does great food. The burgers and pasta are very good. Indoor and outdoor seating.

Date of visit: October 2017