“Thanks very much, a great diving experience.”
Review of DiveMed

More attraction details
Owner description: Off the beaten path,in the southern part of Malta,lies the stunning fishing village of Marsaskala. With the harmonic lifestyle of traditional Malta as our backdrop and the Mediterranean Sea outside our door, we offer a dive base like no other. Our doors are open all year round to welcome divers willing to experience the beauty beneath our seas. Wreck can be enjoyed within less than a minute travel time to shore or boat,varying depths between 18m and 80m. This way all enthusiastic divers may explore to their hearts content at the level most comfortable to them. Between tug boats and planes,freighters and destroyers, anyone can dive what pleases them most. The caves and reefs that stretch along the Maltese Islands can be reached by our boat so every nook and cranny can be enjoyed. When learning to dive you expect care and attention as well as a dedicated professional. We know that and therefore insist on the importance of attentive instruction at all levels of diving.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My second year in Malta and diving with DiveMed, they can't come more highly recommended. Daniel their English instructor, is a great instructor, very professional and great fun too.

Big thanks to Manuel, not only did he repair my regulators for me whilst I was there, he gave me a set of rental regs (which were brand new)...at no charge...and did not even charge me for repairing my own set. I have dived all over the world and never met such a warm and welcoming and accommodating owner of a dive centre. DiveMed is run by a family and has been for many years and you are made to feel part of the family as soon as you walk through the doors....nothing is too much trouble.

I hope to return to Malta next year and if I do, I will definitely be diving with DiveMed again.

All reviews
"feel secure"
"advanced diver"
"scuba gear"
in 2 reviews
"open water and advanced open water"
"enjoy diving"
in 24 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 27 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I visited Malta on business for a month, and was staying in Marsascala. After reading the reviews on line I decided to do some diving with these guys. They were great. There was a small mix up with my first dive booking, so when I arrived I didn't get to do the expected morning dive, but my friend who hadn't booked was able to get straight on a try dive, and they let me go along for no charge, so I got to dive anyway - good to see it all work out.
I ended up doing my advanced open water diver, and my friend did his open water, and advanced.
We dived several wrecks located all over the island. I'd thoroughly recommend trying to get to Zirrieq - dive on the Um el Faroud. Great dive.
Most of my Dives were led by Daniel their english instructor.He's a very personable guy, and very helpful. I have a couple of dives with Abigail the manager as well, including my first night dive. I've never been so relaxed in my life as during the night dive.
If you're going to Malta you'll be silly not to dive with these guys.

1  Thank EeeenglishAndChina
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Highly recommended place! We've tried scuba diving for the first time and it was an amazing experience. Our instructor Daniel was extremely professional and caring. We definitely would like to visit Marsaskala againg and take more scuba diving lessons with DiveMed.
Remember: relax, breathe and look at fish :)

1  Thank Agata_Jaczun
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

i went for 2 dives on 02.10.13, instructor daniel was profesional, safe, showing stuff.

in the end of the day i decided to make 2 more dives on the next day.

next morning the size of the group was 5 instead of promised 4 guests; the car was to smal for the amount of peoples, so i drove with my privat motorbike to the dive spot. being there a O-ring in the reg failed; things like this hapen, abigail(professional, helping, friendly), the instructor of the day tried her best, but they were no spare parts or a spare reg with us.
i decided to abort the diving, instead of waiting for the group to come out, and make my dives later.
i drove back, payed my outstanding bill.(no dicount)
on the 4th in the morning i decided to give them a little feedback.
the owner manuel borg was there.
i tried to ask why there was no spare reg, or parts, but dident come to word because he cut my word again n again with the arguments, that i am a certified, profesional diver, and should checked my equipement before we leave the store. (my stuff got tossed in a box with a other diver...)
as normal paying guest, do i realy need to check all the equipement?
the team is grate, exept the owner has a lack in social interaction. dont have any complains, and you wil be happy!

3  Thank opniem