“First and last time”

CapoTavola - Il Gusto nell'Arte
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Marsascala
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: CapoTavola - Il Gusto nell’Arte is a RistoGallery nestled in the picturesque bay of Marsaskala, created to celebrate that passionate duo; food and art.True tastes of finest Italian cuisine and a careful selection of regional wines are to be enjoyed against a backdrop of local artists work. The room settings and decor at CapoTavola lend graciously towards the artists work providing the perfect environment for holding exhibitions.Live music will be accompanying the duo of passions from time to time to create a triumvirate of the senses.Capotavola also has a private dining room for hosting those special occasions and celebrations.
“First and last time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We discovered this place this evening with a pleasant decor. We ordered two starters: fish carpaccio and frito misto. The fish carpaccio turned out to be a plate of fried fish melange: "sorry we have no fresh fish, so we prepared something else" was the explanation of the owner. As main, we had squared of pasta filled with swordfish in a cream sauce, while the other order was mussels with pepper. I sent the mussels back to the kitchen as they were not fresh and just came out of the micro wave: the shell cold and the mussels hot. I was luckier than my neighbour who got a chicken salad without chicken. I do not understand how people can run a place like that, not bothered to provide a good experience to their hosts.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Henrik P
CapoTavola, Direttore at CapoTavola - Il Gusto nell'Arte, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Henrik P
first of all we are sorry for your not positive experience.
I was honest by telling you that we did not have fresh fish carpaccio, due to a week of bad weather... when it had not been easy to find fresh fish carpaccio.
But I can honestly add that what I gave you as a replacement was definitely fresh.
About the mussels, I proceeded immediately to serve you a swordfish ravioli in lemon cream, instead of the entire portion of mussels you've eaten (leaving only 3 mussels in the plate)!
As for the chicken salad .. if you had complained about the problem I would have taken steps to solve it!
What makes me doubt of your good faith is the fact that you have shown me your complaints, however, after eating all that I have served you!
I would add that in addition to the plate of pasta, I also get you for free an entire bottle of wine!!
However, if one day you'll change your mind, you are always welcome .. but first you have to be sure that there was the nice weather ...!

Malta
“Surprisingly pleasant, distinctively Italian.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had always that sort of impression that this place was just a coffee/snack bar (and actually it is) - but after having read food reviews on tripadvisor, we made it a must to pay a visit and give it a try. We visited on a Saturday evening without having made any reservation. On our arrival we were warmly greeted by the Italian owner and immediately seated around a table indoors.

The well blended, internal modern decor ambience immediately catches the eye and offers a prelude to the choice of dishes on the menu. The choice is not so to say extremely vast, but well presented and combined. I personally don't like restaurants with endless items on their menu.

Having relatively few tables means that the staff can offer personalized attention to all patrons. Indeed the owner was extremely friendly, cordial, and made recommendations about the food and the wine. We opted for a seafood platter to share for a starter and fresh fish (bream in a roasted pistachio crust), for the main course. The kids had home made breaded chicken bites. All items were genuinely fresh and meticulously prepared by their italian chef. Perhaps a wider a variety of desserts will not hurt, but otherwise we cannot fault this place.

We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and our food at Capo Tavola. We will definitely be visiting this place more frequently in the future and will recommend to our friends.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank GOH77
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Been here several times. Always good and he will cook you something special if there is something you fancy.

• Visited April 2013
Malta
“Excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Capotavola is an excellent dining experience. I have been many times and I absolutely recommend it. Excellent food, excellent service and excellent value for money.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ethelvz
Athens, Greece
“The worst experience ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Regarding to votes in Trip Advisor we visit the restaurant for a professional dinner. They brought more appetizers than we ordered, the salad was terrible (no dressing, dry un tasty chicken breast), the ravioli were unbaked!! The three of four persons that we were present, left our food untouched!! The behavior of the owner was bad as well. He didn't accept anything of our comments and he overcharged us...4 persons (1 bottle of wine, 2 appetizers that we didn't ask and 4 main cources) 110 Euros.... wasted

• Visited January 2013