“Would stay again”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Marignane
MALTA
“Would stay again”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Although this is an airport hotel, we actually used it as a holiday base for four nights. The location is perfect because we were in the hotel just shortly after arriving at the airport. There's a telephone right outside the terminal (easily signposted) where you call the hotel and they send you a shuttle bus to pick you up in a couple of minutes. The Pullman is perfect if you have a car because it's within easy driving distance from Aix-en-Provence, Montpellier, Marseille, Nimes, Arles, Cassis etc. Also, if you might think that an airport hotel would be noisy, you can rest assured that it's not. I can confirm that you don't really hear the planes ... the hotel is quite "peaceful". Also, we had quite a nice view of the sea from our room windows!

We are a family of four and we booked two rooms which were interconnected. The rooms were quite spacious and very clean with LCD TVs getting stations from all over the world. The fitness centre is not that large (just one threadmill) but it was fine for me. My wife and daughter enjoyed the sauna and turkish bath.

Staff were quite friendly but I surely must commend to the management, the lady in charge of breakfast. She was extremely sweet and helpful and she really made that extra effort to make you feel welcome. I'm sorry we never got to know her name. Speaking of breakfast, you get the usual bacon, sausages, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, cereals, pastries, fruit etc. - a very good b'fast really.

Why not five stars? Well there were some minor points... for instance,though the rooms are equipped with tea making facilities there was no tea and milk and it really took hours before these were provided. Also, shower gel provided was for one person only even though it was clear that the room was being shared by two. Bar was quite expensive ...6 euros for a cappuccino!!!

But all in all I reiterate that this was a very good hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FarrellMLT
PMP13, Directeur général at Pullman Marseille Provence Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear FarrellMLT,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you spent writing your remark.

I would like to let you know that I note your high level of satisfaction; it has been transmitted to our team.

We are looking forward to see you again in Pullman Marseille Provence.

Jean Marc LEPAN - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Close to the airport, and perfect for those travellers looking to depart Marseille via plane, especially early in the morning. A nice clean facility, with good outdoor areas, pool, a nice restaurant and bar,as well as good workout facilities, and a very handy business bureau area.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TimKAuckland
Dear TimKAuckland,

One only thing to say : THANK YOU.

We are looking forward to see you again in Pullman Marseille Provence.

Jean Marc LEPAN - General Manager
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel is used heavily by airline crews as it is just outside the main entrance to the circle drive around the airport and car rental area at Marseille Airport. That was never a problem though as the hotel has good staffing and never had to wait. I actually had three seperate stays at this hotel.

Rooms were large and comfortable. Wifi connection good, but had odd situation where my IPAD had a few apps blocked from updating while in hotel and they did not work for a week. I do not know how this is possible, but it did happen. Maybe just coincedental.

Staff is very helpful and professional. Shuttle promt and always available. Think they even have two for rush periods. When forgot to bring down room towel to pool as suggested, the desk just grapped one in room right behind desk with no hassle. There is a small sauna and steam room along with fitness that is also very small.

The parking lot is gated with key access. Made it great for retuning rental car as petrol station to fill rental car requires you to drive around entire airport as is only accessable from exit side. Filled tank night before, drove straight accross to hotel. This is also a 24 hour convenience store attached to petrol station.

While the hotel's own Food and Beverage is very good it is a little pricey. The Ibis is just outside the gate to left and you have to press a button to enter their hotel. They have a buffet breakfast available for outside guests, but then more importantly they have a COURTEPAILLE a French grill restaurant chain that is quite good. They have severall two or three course menu options and I really like the Eggplant crumble appetizer that is one of their specialties. The problem, this one is the worst example of this chain I have been in, poor service, cook non-attentive and burnt food and they just served it as is. But, it is still a good option and you might have more luck.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank madflyer
directionpmp, Directeur général at Pullman Marseille Provence Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for your very kind comments about your recent stay at Pullman Marseille Provence.
It is a real pleasure for us to know that you appreciated the staff efficiency, your accommodation and our services. I will share your satisfaction with my entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Sincerely

Jean-Marc LEPAN
Directeur
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

It's France, it's an airport hotel and it's in marseille, but don't despair, this is actually a very nice place to park yourself for one night. Very good standard, early breakfast (5am) and a shuttle bus make this a perfect airport hotel. Room was lean and well appointed with a very comfy bed and good tv. Good wifi but did log off with the phone which was a little tiresome re logging on. I will always stay here if I am around for one night only, any longer and it's off to the radisson blue for me. Enjoy

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time you spent writing this comment. I am pleased to read that you have spent a nice stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon in Pullman Marseille Provence.

Jean-Marc Lepan
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Only stopped here for lunch, which was excellent. Great ambience in the D.ilis Restaurant and a range of tables inside and on the terrace. Interesting menu, opted for the lunchtime "buffet starter / main course / buffet dessert" set for €30.

Very well presented buffet options for the starters and desserts, and the main course dish of the day was fantastic (red mullet with courgettes). Extensive wine list, I would highly recommend the pouilly fume!

All staff provided very good service; warm, welcoming and professional.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Justin_1974
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for this review.

You can be assured that your comment have been shared with all our restaurant team.
I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jean-Marc LEPAN - Directeur
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We found this hotel to be very convient for Marseille Airport with a courtesy bus available at the drop of a hat. The only annoying aspect of our visit, was during our dinner on the terrace, the habit of other diners of continually smoking between courses, which distracted from an otherwise enjoyable evening.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maman_12
, Directeur général at Pullman Marseille Provence Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We strive to accommodate all our guests, therefore I am sorry to read about the experience you encountered during your diner.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit in Provence.

Sincerely
Jean-Marc LEPAN - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marignane
Ibis Marseille Provence Aeroport
BEST WESTERN Marseille Aeroport
Golden Tulip Marseille Airport
Kyriad Marseille Provence - Aeroport
Ibis Budget Aeroport Marseille Provence
Ibis Styles Marseille Aeroport

Been to Pullman Marseille Provence Airport? Share your experiences!