“It only 2 star”

Adagio Access Vanves Porte de Versailles
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Vanves
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Very old rooms, bad service, once a week clean up, problems with a parking -must be booked. Breakfast is better in a cafe in other site of the street. The kitchen is to small. Near is a supermarket and McDonalds.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were booked into this hotel on May 18, 2012 as a supposed upgrade by our travel agent. Boy, were they wrong. The hotel was old, dark and noisey. There was black mould in the bathroom and the exhaust fan, which did not work would have blown through the wall into the small dumpy bedroom. The bed was a double, not a queen or king. It had a thin mattress which rested on a hard base. When we complained on the second day that our room had not been made up, we were informed by the indifferent desk erson that the rooms were only tidied and provided fresh linens and bedding once every seven days. We also found out we had to carry our own trash downstairs through the lobby and out the back door to a trash receptical. The owners were rude and indifferent and were reluctant to communicate in English. there was lno AC during hot May weather and the hotel had no ice available. Also, the hotel is located in a dark, seedy neighborhood, a number of blocks from the very efficient Paris subway.

A word to the wise; do not make the mistake of getting stuck in this dump.

Room Tip: Stay away at all costs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FLBigmac
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Citea Vanves was a quiet location apart from the occasional sounds of the passing train. The breakfast was good. The staff was nice and the rooms were cozy with a mini fridge, sink and microwave. Fast food cafes and a supermarket are nearby and the metro stop is a 5-10 minute walk depending on your speed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank soulord
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Citea Vanves was a nice locaton outside of Paris proper but better than the Hotel Luxia in the 19th. The hotel is still under renovation but not bad overall and the breakfast was good. The staff was nice and the rooms were cozy with a mini fridge, sink and microwave. There is a bank and grocery store about a block away and the metro stop is a 5-10 minute walk depending on your speed.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank cfalz
Reviewed November 27, 2008

My boyfriend and I chose this hotel as a cheap stop off on our way home from the Loire and Dordogne, where we stayed in fabulous places. Even though we expected a basic room, this was just a bit of a shock. The bathroom door doubled as a door to the bedroom, and every noise could be heard both through the toilet door, (not ideal) and through the walls to consecutive rooms. I could hear the man in the next room cough, and the noises when he visited the bathroom. Say no more. The reception staff were quite helpful, although a bit of help with the parking facilities would have been good as once the door is shut there's no light! The location however is excellent and you're soon into central Paris on the metro. By night however the area changes considerably and I was pleased to have my boyfriend at my side. Cheap, but im sure there are other, better inexpensive places, although we were somewhat limited by the need of a secure parking space in a garage which is rare to find in Paris.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank moonbaby250
Reviewed July 27, 2008

"...it's not that bad," said my wife. Unfortunately, if you think of it as a hotel, it's also not so good. The mediocrity of the experience was underscored by the general unfriendliness and lack of helpfulness of several members of the staff. Upon arriving in the morning from an overnight flight, we were forced to wait to check-in until 2 pm, despite the availability of rooms.

The sparse breakfast lacked variety and availability of fresh fruit, though it would have been tolerable had the woman that staffed the breakfast room, a real ray of sunshine in the morning, not accused me of failing to sign in for breakfast 4 times. After having been here 3 weeks (and signing in over 20 times), I would have thought she would have caught on that I was, in fact, NOT stealing breakfast. At a place, however, with a clientele consisting largely of teenagers traveling with touring groups, this may in fact be a problem. These very tour groups seem to throw this attendant into a bit of a rage (OK, they had the same effect on me too), driving her to throw the dishes around so loudly they sound like they're breaking. This likely accounts for the lack of a complete set of dishes at any given meal. On a daily basis one was forced to hunt around for a spoon from one tray, a glass from another, and so on.

Then there was the "residential" plan. Don't do it. Basically, you only get cleaning once a week. This would be fine with me at a better hotel. However, if you use more than one roll of toilet paper a week, this presents a problem at this particularly stingy hotel. Though we asked for extra rolls four times, it was only delivered once (one roll). We eventually invested in a 6-roll pack for 2 euros at the supermarket down the street. One week, when the room was cleaned, they took all of our towels--but they didn't replace them! That was an interesting surprise when I got out of the shower.

Having a small kitchen was nice as it allowed us to prepare small meals for dinner. Unfortunately, you can't actually use the counter because it is made of a flimsy piece of stainless steel, and would flex and pop with an amazing ruckus anytime you would touch it. The small refrigerator would also have been nice, had the interior not been covered in mold!

I tried to give this place a 2/5, but after writing this review, I could not bring myself to do it. My recommendation--look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Orpington, Kent
Reviewed September 26, 2005

I booked on the internet about 2 days before my stay, the process was fast and efficient.
I had a single studio on the front (not too noisy) which was large with a very comfortable bed, and about 4 pillows if I needed them. Everything was clean. The wc/shower room was quite adequate with plenty of towels. I would certainly stay there again.
The metro is about 5 minutes walk away but if you need to change at Montparnasse there is quite a long walk to reach the other lines.
I had a nice meal at one of the Italian Restaurants close to the hotel.
The hotel breakfast was good value.

• Stayed: September 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vanves
Adagio Paris Porte de Versailles
#7 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Montparnasse
Le 55 Montparnasse Hotel
Le 55 Montparnasse Hotel
#732 of 1,805 in Paris

Been to Adagio Access Vanves Porte de Versailles? Share your experiences!