“very caring staff”

Mercure Paris Porte de Versailles Expo
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Vanves
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have stayed for a business conference. Front desk service and a sincere care was fantastic. I had a problem receiving my package delivery due to the snow storm. Eventulally, the package arrived, but after my check out. Charline at the front desk conacted me several times to have the package forwarded to my designated address. The sincereness in such action was not something you typically expect from hotels in Paris, or in France.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank nobkwm
There are newer reviews for Mercure Paris Porte de Versailles Expo

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff, especially Laura and Romain, were extremely helpful. I did not get my checked in luggage at the airport (some mechanical problems with the plane). I let the hotel know about the unfortunate incident and they (the two staff mentioned above in particular) went beyond the call of duty in contacting the airline for me. (Actually everyone at the hotel was all aware of my request of having the luggage delivered at any time once it arrived.) Laura photocopied my lost luggage info. and called the airline even while I was gone for a convention. She also left my info. to Romain for follow up. Romain was very patient with me and spent a lot of time communicating with the airline on my behalf. I could see that they truly cared. (I wish I could say the same about the airline!) Anyway, my luggage finally arrived in the morning of my departure. I truly believe that their assistance and persistence was one of the factors that my luggage did arrive before I left Paris.
Breakfast was included in my room rate. You could find a variety of foods, hot and cold.
Internet was also free. The only thing you need to pay attention to is if you want to use Skype via the hotel's internet, there's an extra charge.
The hotel is close to the subway station (within walking distance) where you can get to town easily. If you would like to go to a nearby department store, there's a Monoprix (a 15 minute walk away). The store is not very big. But the lower level is a supermarket where you can get pretty much find everything you need (grocery wise).
One thing you might note is there is another Mercure Hotel near this Mercure hotel. Make certain which one you're staying at. (One pretty much across from the Expos. And the one I stayed at is about a 5-10 minute walk away.)
Last but not least, I think a cheaper than taxi way to get to the hotel from the airport (vice versa) is using a shuttle service such as Supershuttle. With a US$2.00 tip, my total fare comes to US$41 (compare to roughly 60 Euro by taxi). If you're like me (touchwood) who missed the original shuttle due to flight delay, go to the information (arrival level) desk and kindly ask the people at the desk to call Supershuttle for you with your confirmation number and they'll come pick you up outside. Make sure you find the information desk. I tried to ask airport employees where Supershuttle's stop is and they couldn't tell me (I think it's both a language difference issue and they had no idea where the stop was).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank OregonTraveler9999
JMLEBRUN, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Porte de Versailles Expo, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments after your stay in the hotel in March. We are satisfied that you appreciated our quality of service and the help to get your luggage. Your advice is precise and will surely help other tourists.
However we would like to emphasize that the picture of the room posted with your comment doesn’t represent a room of our hotel. You may have inverted with another hotel.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon again to the Mercure Paris Porte de Versailles Expo hotel,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for training convention and spent most of my time in the city proper site-seeing and such. The rooms were clean and spacious (as European hotels are typically smaller than US standards). The breakfast was plentiful and the staff was very helpful and polite. The interior of the hotel is very clean and well decorated. The hotel itself is a moderate walk from a metro station and about a 25 minute train ride into the city. I would highly recommend this hotel. My only real complaint is that the beds were not the most comfortable, but after a long day of site-seeing in the city, it didn't matter!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JessicasCompass
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel was convenient for the Retro Mobile Exposition that we visited with our friends Mme Castex et M.Lejet.(Chambre # 130)
The room (#138) was comfortable and well sound proofed - however:
- The climatisation did not appear to be working.
- There was only one bedside table provided for a large (and comfortable) double bed.
- There was no chest of draws for clothing and similar items - only a limited number of shelves.
- The quantity of pastries and croissants seved in the Bistrot des Terroirs for PDJ varied in quantity each day - it should surely be a regular size??
- On 10th Feb the four of us were seated in the Millesime Restaurant at the large metal table for dinner and complained of the cold draught from the climatisation - nothing was done to improve this.
- The summating and presentation of the invoices (factures) for both clients, chambres 130 & 138 was a complete disaster as the meals recorded and the costs were completely wrong.
It took us about one hour of discussion with Reception before these were satisfactorily agreed.In a hotel of this standing this is totally inacceptable and spoiled an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank adventlaptop5312
Reviewed February 10, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank stevewake
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed during the recent Whos Next fashion fair. I chose the hotel really due to the location alone and on that part it delivers. As you walk in the entrance and restaurant and bar area all look pretty impressive and they both deliver good food, drinks and breakfast. However the rooms leave a lot to be desired and are pretty basic and drab to be honest. Now i know taxis are a problem in Paris but the front desk seemed never to be able to get ordering a taxi right and it may seem trivial but when your there on business you need such things. may stay again but it wouldnt be my first choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff were extremely helpful being able to assist equally in French or English. Rooms are very well appointed and modern. Breakfast is served in the restaurant on the ground floor and is buffet style. The hotel is literally five minutes from the metro and very close to a good selection of restaurants that would cater for most budgets and tastes. Line 12 takes you straight into the heart of Paris, about 25 minutes.

We will use this hotel again and would highly recommend it to others. Even has a spacious car park underneath and is situated right on the Perephique!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front, lovely view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vanves
Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte de Versailles Hotel
Novotel Suites Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles
Ibis Paris Porte de Vanves Parc des Expositions
Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Vanves
Hotel Mercure Paris 15 Porte de Versailles

Been to Mercure Paris Porte de Versailles Expo? Share your experiences!