“Very good fantastic breakfast”

Ibis Styles Paris Porte d'Orleans
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Montrouge
Reviewed July 13, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The rooms are nice. But, some people are not friendly. We, my friend and I, even felt like being insulted.

There is no coffee port in the room. It means that you can not get hot water. There is one coffee port in the lobby. But, the lobby is closed at 10:30pm and the coffee port is also 'closed' at that time. If you want hot water after that time, you have to beg for it to the receptionist at the check-in desk who is kind of rude to guests.
I stayed here for one week and I've never seen her smiling at the guests.

I think 'hardware' of this hotel is not bad. But, it needs better 'software' to make the guests feel comfortable and have nice memories.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank nopeys
Bruno L, Directeur général at Ibis Styles Paris Porte d'Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis styles paris porte d'orleans. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.
Please allow me to expressmy sincerest apologies.
I hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. Great, clean and modern rooms. Though a bit far from city center, it has great connections to center Paris. The metro is 5 minutes away. Really pleasant stay. Nice staff. Great breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I usually do not prefer to stay in chain-hotels, but as I was making my booking rather late, there was not much of a choice. I chose this hotel because of decent price, location and good reviews and I was not disappointed.
Location wise it is almost at the end of Nr.4 metro line, which can take you to the center of Paris, so that was very convenient - we just left our car in the parking and explored Paris on foot and public transport from there. Plus the car can stay in the garage until 18:00 the next day when paying 13 EUR, so it is quite convenient.
Room was very spacious, clean and nicely designed, nothing more to wish for actually.
The only small minus was with some of the reception staff - as some of them were really friendly while some seemed completely uninterested in being polite.
As for breakfast I was quite satisfied - even though the hall was packed with customers, the staff tried to do their best so that no one leaves hungry. Fresh squeezed orange juice and warm croissants were the best part, in any case better than most "French" breakfasts I have had in hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaaBirks
Bruno L, Adjointe de Direction at Ibis Styles Paris Porte d'Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Sir,

We thank you very much for these remarks.
We try every day to satisfy our guests and hope to welcome you again very soon.

Best regards.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Modern, bright, airy are major first impressions but the real first impression inside the hotel was the receptionist's smile and courtesy. The rooms are comfortable, well designed if a little basic, but everything is clean and works as it should. I was traveling alone but the room would have been perfect for me and my wife. Breakfast was fully adequate. I'd have liked coffee making facilities in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We thank you very much for your remarks, it helps us to go on this way.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.
Best regards.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here recently and was very happy with everything. It's very modern and new with AC. The bed was comfortable, the staff very friendly and helpful. Also a very good breakfast. The location is fine - a few minutes to the Metro or the 38 bus which goes through the centre of Paris.
I would stay here again and recommend. A good neighbourhood just south of the Peripherique

Room Tip: the building across the courtyard is quiet and the room have balconies
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel isn't in the best area and its not central. On arrival I found the girl who checked me in to be quite miserable. Once in the room I found the air con to be difficult to understand. I went to ask the receptionist if the air con was set up correctly or if its just not very good (it was 27c outside). Same girl who checked me in then showed me, incorrectly, how to set the air con. I worked it out by looking at the settings on the same switch in a communal area, coming to the conclusion that the air con on the 5th floor of the back building was not as good as it could have been. They also don't provide sheets on the bed only a heavy duvet, in the summer that's crazy. Bed was ok though. I asked for an engineer to check the air con was ok which a man on reception said he would do but clearly he just said that to get rid of me, nice touch Ibis! Overall the staff were ok but a few just rude. In fact the breakfast staff seemed far nicer than some of the reception staff. The breakfast was ok, but lacked variety for 10 euros (this was included in my rate) - to be honest I probably couldn't have got much better in the local area for less money, so it's worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montrouge
Ibis Paris Porte d'Orleans
Mercure Paris Alesia
#514 of 1,809 in Paris
Mercure Paris Porte d'Orleans
Comfort Hotel Sixteen Paris Montrouge

Been to Ibis Styles Paris Porte d'Orleans? Share your experiences!