“Ok”

Ibis Paris Porte d'Orleans
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Montrouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 6, 2014

It is an ok hotel, nothing exceptional. The average rating is due to some facts: (i) if you speak only english, you'll have problems with staff, (ii) no mini fridge on the room and, (iii) want some plates? don't bother calling, go down and get yourself, they'll not bring to you. Other than that what really disappointed me is that room service came 3 times during our stay and under no circumstances removed dirty dishes, utensils, etc. The bed was made, but dirty stuff was left behind all the times. We also found the breakfast kind of poor for the value.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DarthVader86

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Porte d'Orleans is a great location and we have now stayed in all of the Ibis properties in the area. Car parking is available on site and the new metro station Montrouge de Mairie is less than a 10 minute walk away, as is Porte d'Orleans. The breakfast, as ever was very good and plentiful and the staff pleasant and welcoming. Housekeeping kept the room very clean. The double room itself was rather small considering we were there for 4 nights, however the bed was very comfortable, which was the main thing! Two minor 'moans' - please change the toilet paper; it is very rough and service stations can offer a better quality! And please consider supplying 2 towels per guest as well as 2 pillows per guest. Never understand why a double room with a double bed boasts three pillows. To be fair we didn't ever request more, which I am sure we would have been given had we asked. But come on Accor - up the standard please. Over all, an excellent stay and as we paid in advance for the accommodation, good value!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Yes, it's small and yes, it's a bit out of the centre of town but it does the job if you're travelling on a budget. We chose this hotel for a cheap weekend away by car and managed to avoid paying for parking by parking on the surrounding streets.

The room was clean and comfortable and the shower was hot and powerful. Breakfast was tasty and the lobby bar looks smart and seems to have been recently renovated.

Overall, you get what you pay for and this hotel does what it says on the tin.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Extremely affordable and super basic, you pay for exactly what you get. There is NO shampoo/conditioner/toothpaste/iron in the room. BE CAREFUL with your room key card because apparently it deactivates once its next to an electronic device. I got stuck on the elevator for 25 minutes and literally had to open to elevator doors myself after banging for 20 minutes and ringing the bell that "they didn't hear" as i heard it from a distance. The front desk screamed at me to "calm down" and questioned me being stuck for "20 minutes". They barley speak English and the woman who does will not translate for her other employees. Terrible experience thank god Paris is amazing to make up for it. Seriously DO NOT BOTHER.

Room Tip: Its a 3mile/km walk from the Eiffel Tower. Look for something more Central.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel one night during a stop-over in Paris for business. I found the hotel just a tad longer walk than I wanted from the closest metro station (I was lugging laptop and suitcase), but I survived. I desperately needed an early check-in because my flight from Dallas landed at 8:30 am. You know how that is, you're dead tired (I can never sleep on flights, no matter how long they are). I got to the hotel about 10:30 and was assisted by one of the most helpful staff members at check-in. I wish I remembered his name. He got a room for me within about 15 minutes and even came over and shook me awake in the waiting area! I got to the room and well, it was fine, nothing fancy, typical Paris-area small, but clean, comfortable and quiet. A nice place FOR THE PRICE. Restaurant and bar were fine also. I left my jacket at the bar one evening and was glad to find it at the check-in counter. Thank goodness for honest people. I'd stay in this hotel again, especially when on a buget and just need the basics.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montrouge
Ibis Styles Paris Porte d'Orleans
Ibis budget Paris Porte d'Orleans
Hotel Arc Paris Porte D'Orleans
Ibis Paris Porte d'Italie
Novotel Paris 14 Porte d'Orleans
Mercure Paris Porte d'Orleans

Been to Ibis Paris Porte d'Orleans? Share your experiences!