We has 10 days in the hotel, it was a really good base, but I would say if you want to do anything but lie next to the stunning pool, eat in the great value restaurant and chill in the hotel bar, you really need a car. There are beautiful beaches within easy access with good, free, parking. There cafes on most beaches, we bought local produce from a very reasonable fruit and veg stall and local supermarket and had picnics most days. Donatell gave us a FREE parasol to take to the beach but sunbeds and parasols are available.
The rooms were beautifully clean, sheets changed frequently, comfortable beds, FREE air con. The restaurant served good, well priced food, the simple continental breakfast was ample. The thing that really added to our experience was the staff, they went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Donatella is a ledgend! Really good local knowledge provided complete with maps! Denise and Stephanie were our lovely attentive waitresses. Nothing was too much trouble. I would definitely return to this hotel !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic records relate that the original building was founded by the Friars (this is proved by the small church still present on the site); over the years it was turned into a flourishing farm as it can be inferred by the structure and also by the orchard.Because of the ancient features still visible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel il Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Monastero Quartu Sant Elena
- Il Monastero Hotel
- Hotel Il Monastero Sardinia, Italy - Quartu Sant'Elena