Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Camogli
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Camogli”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This is the first of 4 reviews of the day tour of Cinque Terre with Golfo Paradiso Tours from Genova. See my reviews of San Fruttuoso, di Giovanni Ristorante there, and Portofino for the balance of our day trip and some tips. The first stop on our Cinque Terre day trip is a pleasant little location in a snug harbor with a pleasant population. Replete with the "trompe l'oeil" facades we saw in Genoa, it is a true fishing village but with some interesting shops. The main chiesa is breathtaking inside, and the Castella Dragone is of mild interest. Well worth an hour's stop.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful walk”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We got the bus from Camogli to Santa Margherita. We then walked via the mountain trail to Portofino. This was breath-taking. I have been to Portofino before but to arrive on foot from the height above is a totally different experience. The views are fantastic and better , in my opinion , then the Cinque Terre. We had a rest here before travelling over the mountain to San Fruttoso. Again, this is amazing as San Fruttoso is only accessible by foot or boat. We then got the boat back to Camogli. If you are reasonably fit, then this is worth the effort.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank RSands
Portland, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Worth hiking to Abbey”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The picturesque hike is comfortably done 3 hrs with a walking staff and hiking shoes. You will come out to Abbey of San Fruttuoso and a beach that can only be reached by way of the hike or ferry. The water invites you in and for 1 euro you can borrow a towel. I'm unclear if this was a favor or not since I wasn't an overnight guest. We took a ferry back enjoying the beauty of the rugged coastline.
I wouldn't go out of my way to visit by way of ferry only. Although, it was early May there were a lot of people there and it would be a roll of the dice if you would enjoy the experience on just a straight visit to this small secluded cove. Although ,I highly recommend walking the lower trail from Camogli to the beach: have a swim, drink at the bar and catch the ferry back. (Enjoyed the wait on the rocks with waves crashing loved it!) then it becomes a pleasant highlight and a good close to the day.

2 Thank Masu M
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A wonderful seaside trip from Genoa”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Camogli is 30 minutes from Genoa-Brignole railway station and a most delightful spot. At one end is the excellent (if rather expensive) hotel Cenobio Dei Dogi, open to non-residents for a meal or just a drink. I could have stayed for days in this lovely spot overlooking the sea but if I ever return this is where I will be. The town itself is atmospheric but I feel much better in the mid-season when we were there. Do not miss it

2 Thank HJardon
Brussels, Belgium
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A grandiose trek and hike in the preserved coastal Liguria area near Camogli”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I greatly enjoyed the viewpoints on the sea, Camogli harbor and nested villages like Rocco and it's beautiful church and esplanade. Guides and online reviews vary in terms of difficulty of the paths through the mountain and ridge. Although definitely worth the physical effort, be careful to identify the paths that are marked as difficult (regular mountaineer hikers will find it easy, others may struggle and be delayed e.g. Going down to Punta Chiappa or San Fruttuoso). As for other Liguria coastal treks, some less versed walkers may prefer stopping and sailing back and/or forth for 5€ a single boat ride. But in any case, the experience and memories are worth it all.

2 Thank lnfortin