“Wine Tasting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monteriggioni
Agriturismo Tenuta Bichi Borghesi
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Visited the winery on a tour group and was so impressed with everything. They were extremely friendly and offered small tastings to go with the excellent wine. I would highly recommend this wine and winery visit to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at Bichi Borghese for almost a week in the end of September. The estate is absolutely gorgeous- it is a running farm and winery - we had beautiful views from our apartment of the rolling Tuscan hills and vineyards. We spent some time just relaxing on the estate and walking around in the vineyards and soaking up the atmosphere. There are many things you can do on the estate without leaving! You can do wine tasting as they have their own wine which you can buy ( we bought some bottles and also bought their olive oil which is excellent). We had an amazing meal prepared by Loretta who works on the estate, who also taught us to prepare it - it was one of the best meals we had in Tuscany.
Paola and her family are lovely. Paola is super helpful and enthusiastic - she answered all our questions tirelessly, advised us on things to do locally and organised wine tasting for us in Chianti at her friends estates.
Bichi Borghese is well located - about an hour from Florence, 45 minutes from Siena. We drove there from Florence and while we were there did day trips to Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra and the Chianti Classico area. Monteriggioni is a stones throw away.
Bichi Borghese made our Tuscan experience perfect. We highly recommend it and would go back there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Polda1964, Proprietario at Agriturismo Tenuta Bichi Borghesi, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

THank you thank you! meeting you has been something special for me .. I hope to visit your country of origin as soon as possible. A special greeting to your parents Paola

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked an apartment at Bichi Borghesi for 4 nights in October in order to celebrate my mothers 70th Birthday. It has long been a dream of hers to visit Tuscany and improve on her Italian cooking.

We flew Easyjet to Pisa (very convenient) and hired a car to get to Scorgiano. We stopped by the hill fort town of Volterra on the way (highly recommended) for a wonderful lunch and views over the Tuscan hills.

Paola was the perfect host - helpful, welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. But never invasive of our time or privacy. The apartment (Fattoria - 3 bedrooms) was clean and comfortable with spacious rooms, 2 bathrooms (a little dated but worked fine) and a small kitchen which made up for in the view what it lacked in space! WOW! The whole place was furnished really nicely too.

The pool is a short walk away, fenced off and clean and we went on a tour of the vineyard, stables and did some wine tasting too. Paola also hooked us up with Orsa Pellion di Persano, a lovely character and amazing cook who runs her own cookery school in Siena.

We arranged 2 classes preparing a lunch and a dinner on separate days at Bichi Borghesi in their farmhouse kitchen (much more spacious) and could not have asked for a more attentive teacher. We discussed and chose the menu's together and she pitched the lessons just right, allowing the four of us (my mother, brother, sister in law and I) plenty of hands on time and she was able to answer all of our many many questions. My father joined us for the meals too.

My only tiny complaint would be that on occasion the farm dogs woke us up at night but that wouldn’t have impacted the other villas only Fattoria.

In the 5 days we were there we did a day trip to Florence and Siena and also called by Vinci to see the museum on the way home. All very convenient.

Couldn’t have asked for a more prefect holiday and birthday celebrations.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Polda1964, Proprietario at Agriturismo Tenuta Bichi Borghesi, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your nice review and suggestions, and best wishes once again to Mom and greetings to the rest of the family :-) Paola

Reviewed September 5, 2012

When planning our holidays, I spend the majority of my time researching our accommodation choices. I literally spend tens (if not hundreds) of hours pouring over maps, websites, travel reviews and guidebooks trying to make sure that we book a winner. Over the years, we have stayed at some truly spectacular places. So any new place has to be pretty special to find its way to the top of our list. Bichi Borghesi not only made its way to the top of our list, but may well be our favorite place that we've ever stayed. (Our favorite list is in constant flux depending on our mood and/or longing for a particular country!)

I first stumbled across Bichi Borghesi on a UK-based holiday rental site. I was immediately intrigued and began my correspondence with one of the owners, Paola. Over the course of our emails, I ascertained that the rental was everything we were looking for (and more!).

Bichi Borghesi is a spectacular 1025 acre estate in Scorgiano. The owners can trace their family history to the land back over 4 centuries and they are proud to share their knowledge and story. It is currently an operating winery and has 3 apartments which they rent. While we were there, we toured all of the apartments, and can report that they are all well appointed and comfortable. It really just depends how much space, or how many conveniences you want (for instance, only one of the rentals has a dish washer).

Our group, which was my husband and I along with my parents, chose to rent the Fattoria apartment.

The rental was a 1184 square foot apartment on the upper floor of on of the estate buildings. It consisted of 3 bedrooms, a living room with large, wood-burning fire place, a kitchen and 2 bathrooms (one with bath, and the other with a shower). The beds, while on the firm side (which is normal/common in Italy), were comfortable and the bedding very luxurious. The kitchen was very, very well appointed. There were more than enough cups, plates, cutlery, pots and pans to make everything we wanted. We didn't need to ask for anything - it was all there.

I really can not recommend Bichi Borghesi enough. To say that they went above and beyond to make our stay a delight is an understatement. For example, when I was first started researching the possibility of booking with them, I had asked how far their bee hives were from the house as I knew that they produced honey from their website. This was a concern as my Dad is deathly allergic to bee stings. Paola replied that they were about 1 mile from the house, so we felt comfortable with booking the reservation. However, before we arrived the family decided to put screens on all the windows of the apartment because of my inquiry! Paola said that they had talked about doing it for a while, but that our inquiry made them take the leap to do it. In fact, our apartment was the only one on the estate that had them! Likewise, when I first inquired, the apartment did not have a wireless internet connection. But once again, by the time we arrived it was installed.

The photos available on their website site are accurate and the rooms were lovely - rustic, yet comfortable. But it was the estate and gardens which really help this particular rental stand head and shoulders above the rest. It was charming, rustic and beautiful - and we weren't even there in high blooming season!

If the absolutely beautiful apartment and estate wasn't enough, the real highlight was how welcoming and helpful Paola was. She was truly a perfect representative to make our stay at Bichi Borghesi an exceptional experience.

A few closing notes:

- Upon check in, the fridge at the apartment was stocked with juices, fresh eggs, olives, yogurt, ham - that was in addition to the delicious yogurt cake, honey from their hives, tea, coffee, water, cookies and fresh loaf of bread which were also provided as a welcome gift.
- If you ever book with them, be sure to book a meal with Loretta, the cook for the estate. We ate wild boar, raised on the estate as the entree and it was spectacular. Unfortunately we booked our meal with her on our last night, which was a mistake. Had we tried her cooking earlier in our stay, we would have booked another meal as the cost was reasonable and the food savory.
- Paola has a huge packet of brochures and recommendations waiting in the apartment for guests to browse. Included in the packet is information about local restaurants, cooking classes, bike rentals, hiking, etc. We found Paola more than willing to help us plan your stay.
- There is a local COOP grocery store about a 5-10 minute drive from the estate. It is a fully stocked store and you will find everything you need there.
- The estate is a working farm. So if you don't like bugs or animals, this might not be the best place for you. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. On two of the nights the outdoor dog was barking up a storm as dawn approached.
- If you are a wine lover, they do offer tastings at the estate.
- There is a stunning chapel which belongs to the estate. Take our advice and BEG to see it - words can't describe how gorgeous it is.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank carolynp20032003
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I'm in two minds about this because I don't want to find Bichi Borghesi booked up on future trips! Decided that is too selfish and that Paola and the rest of the family who run this excellent agriturismo should get the credit they deserve. Bottom line - this is the best Tuscan dream you will ever have (and I have been to some other lovely spots in this most beautiful part of the most beautiful part of Italia).

Authentic? - check (they make their own wine, olive oil and honey - all of which you receive in your welcome pack). The "farm" is in fact a centuries old stately home (with formal gardens to match) in various parts of which (well separated out) there are three lovely apartments.

Classic tuscan scenery? - check, just look out your kitchen window (or from the bathroom) to see a postcard view.

Add to that a suberbly positioned large pool (fenced off to keep the younger kids safe) complete with huge oak for shade and to complete things an outdoor shower and hammock. We stayed in Casa Fattoria which is large, cool and gracious with its own walled garden but I have seen the others and they all have different things going for them.

For touring, you can't do better as it is perfectly positioned in the centre of Tuscany - near to Siena but with a gorgeous local town (Colle) nearby.

I'm still debating whether to press submit or not - here goes...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris R
Polda1964, Proprietario at Agriturismo Tenuta Bichi Borghesi, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

chris! thank you! your review is so enthusiastic and generous enough to leave us without words .... ;-)) ciao a presto! paola

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a great vacation in Bichi Borghesi in July 2012. The agriturismo is very beatiful, the we have stayed two weeks there. One week in Appartment Ruffini, this is a very spacious appartment with two big bedrooms. Very nice decorated and more than enough space for 4 persons. The second week in appartment La Fattoria, this appartment is Huge with three big bedrooms. A lot of space and beatifully redecorated. The owners of this agriturismo want to do everything to make it comfortable and a pleasant vacation for their guests. For example, I had my birthday during this vacation and they organised a wine tasting only for me and my family! Also one day my wife and my son had a cooking lesson and after that we ate the dinner with the family in the beatiful kitchen of the agriturismo. Also the swimming pool is nice and big enough with also enough chairs to lie on.
So overall we recommend everyone to visit Bichi Borghesi for a great vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Bichi Borghese was recommended by a friend who had stayed in 2010 and despite their great reviews our visit still FAR exceeded our expectations. The hospitality of Poala and her family was fabulous, they shared their love of the land and family history freely with great enthusiasm. Casa Rufini was beautifully equipped complete with edible locally produced delights. It was the perfect home base for our stay in Tuscany. We were sorry to leave and can't wait to return.

Stayed: April 2012
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you so much!! that's my first feedback on Tripadvisor and so good...I am really happy that you enjoy your stay here and my 'chat' about the farm and the family, despite my English ;-)I hope to welcome you once again