We left Florence early to spend a night near Siena. Found this hotel on line and booked via telephone while we were in an internet cafe in Florence.
We got sooooo lost trying to find this place! But the staff was incredibly patient, and kept us on the phone while they guided us in. Strove is a very small town about 15 minutes drive from Siena, but if you don't look closely at the many signs when you exit the Autostrade, you will get lost.
Hotel was beautiful. We almost had to stay in the one room which was at the top of the stairs, but we said it was too many stairs to climb and they moved us immediately to another more convenient room off the elevator.
We were greeted with Asti Spumante and a bowl of fruit in our room. Breakfast was wonderful, staff was wonderful, room was clean, comfortable and wonderful - our only regret was that we were unable to stay there longer . . . yes, we would stay there again! Loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castel Bigozzi, one of the oldest and embattled castles of this area, rises in the land of Strove.In the Middle Ages this castle belonged to the ancestors of the ancient noble Montanini Family. Its coats of arms well relates its history: a red shield, like the earth that surrounds it, a black lion, symbol of courage and battles, glory and defeat .Historical chronicles in fact report that it was a place of refuge and protection for Ghibelline troops. Today, Castel Bigozzi is a hotel residence, offering hospitality to guests from the four corners of the world.A place of antique charm, immersed in the stillness of the Tuscan countryside, where you will feel enveloped by the warmth of the hospitable environment and by the richness of a land that speaks the language of Art, History, Nature and Traditions. An ideal place to find peace and to spend a totally relaxing holiday, in a land that never fails to surprise all year around.To Nature lovers this area offers many pathways for outings on foot, mountain bike or on horseback, following trails of bygone days, bringing the wanderer to breath-taking landscapes like the famous "Crete" of Siena (the Senese Clavey Hills), the Chianti, or one of the many thermal springs of the area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Relais Castel Bigozzi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Castel Bigozzi Hotel Monteriggioni
- Castel Bigozzi
- Relais Castel Bigozzi Monteriggioni, Italy - Tuscany