We have stayed at Castelbigozzi on many occasions. This year, our accommodation was in a suite on the second floor and it was very nice.
The property is close to many sites in the area, and the views from the hotel are marvellous.
The breakfast is a buffet, and I felt the food could have been fresher.
The staff is only on duty until 10 p.m. and that can be a problem when you go out in the evening and come back to a dark castle. Sometimes, we have been the only one there. It would feel more secure with someone on duty after 10.00 p.m.
The staff is very helpful.
The price for this hotel in Strove is very reasonable and we plan to return on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castel Bigozzi, one of the oldest and embattled castles of this area, rises in the land of Strove.In the Middle Ages this castle belonged to the ancestors of the ancient noble Montanini Family. Its coats of arms well relates its history: a red shield, like the earth that surrounds it, a black lion, symbol of courage and battles, glory and defeat .Historical chronicles in fact report that it was a place of refuge and protection for Ghibelline troops. Today, Castel Bigozzi is a hotel residence, offering hospitality to guests from the four corners of the world.A place of antique charm, immersed in the stillness of the Tuscan countryside, where you will feel enveloped by the warmth of the hospitable environment and by the richness of a land that speaks the language of Art, History, Nature and Traditions. An ideal place to find peace and to spend a totally relaxing holiday, in a land that never fails to surprise all year around.To Nature lovers this area offers many pathways for outings on foot, mountain bike or on horseback, following trails of bygone days, bringing the wanderer to breath-taking landscapes like the famous "Crete" of Siena (the Senese Clavey Hills), the Chianti, or one of the many thermal springs of the area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Relais Castel Bigozzi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Castel Bigozzi Hotel Monteriggioni
- Castel Bigozzi
- Relais Castel Bigozzi Monteriggioni, Italy - Tuscany