Deep in the Tuscan countryside you won't hear any traffic noise of aircraft flying high overhead here. The grounds are expansive and peaceful. Don't look for a large sign at the entrance - all you'll see is a Number 7! About a third of the rooms are in tastefully restored outbuildings and some others in newer lodge type buildings so you'll have to walk 100-200m to get to the restaurant, bar and rather fine swimming pool. Judging from our room, its probably due for a "makeover" - OK but not with any "wow factor". The restaurant is good without being any better than that - the menu didn't change over four days and the items are relatively expensive for what you get. The staff were excellent - go for a pre dinner drink and some nibbles and you won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borgo San Luigi Relais offers 73 rooms, most with private terrace or garden, allowing a pleasant stay in the heart of the Tuscan countryside, near Sienna. The five buildings making up the original seventeenth-century structure, in the midst of the 60.000 square metre park that surrounds the hotel, have been restructured respecting their original architecture. Due to its remarkable location, between Sienna and Florence, the hotel is a perfect starting point to visit a territory celebrated all over the world for its incomparable natural and artistic heritage, not to mention its food and wine.Borgo San Luigi Relais offers a choice of rooms, including Suites, Junior Suites, Deluxe and Classic Rooms, found in the different buildings within the park. The entire complex follows a rationale that encourages outdoor living, and most rooms therefore have a private balcony, terrace or garden. Guests may thus experience moments of total relaxation and peace in the open air, while enjoying total privacy.!!!!The architecture of the hotel rooms has been preserved in the original structures, with furnishings remindful of ancient country houses of the nobility. Every detail has been carefully considered, period furnishings and textiles have been chosen and matched with flooring in traditional red Tuscan tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Borgo San Luigi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo San Luigi Hotel Monteriggioni
- Borgo San Luigi Monteriggioni, Italy - Tuscany