We stayed here in January for a weekend getaway in Tuscany. From the moment that we drove through the pine-tree lined drive way we knew the weekend would be wonderful. The property is extensive and the rooms are typically rustic. They are well looked after and full of character. Rooms had aircon/heating & Wifi. We ate in the restaurant on the property both nights and were nicely surprised by great food & service. Breakfast was also full choice, with lovely fresh croisants, fruit, yoghurt & cooked breakie choices too. The restaurant/bar area by the pool has a lovely big fire place to sit and enjoy a glass or two before or after dinner. The property is located awat the main road, so perfect for an idyllic stay. It is also in a great location for day trips to San Gimignano & Volterra. We were sad to be leaving and will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borgo San Luigi Relais offers 73 rooms, most with private terrace or garden, allowing a pleasant stay in the heart of the Tuscan countryside, near Sienna. The five buildings making up the original seventeenth-century structure, in the midst of the 60.000 square metre park that surrounds the hotel, have been restructured respecting their original architecture. Due to its remarkable location, between Sienna and Florence, the hotel is a perfect starting point to visit a territory celebrated all over the world for its incomparable natural and artistic heritage, not to mention its food and wine.Borgo San Luigi Relais offers a choice of rooms, including Suites, Junior Suites, Deluxe and Classic Rooms, found in the different buildings within the park. The entire complex follows a rationale that encourages outdoor living, and most rooms therefore have a private balcony, terrace or garden. Guests may thus experience moments of total relaxation and peace in the open air, while enjoying total privacy.!!!!The architecture of the hotel rooms has been preserved in the original structures, with furnishings remindful of ancient country houses of the nobility. Every detail has been carefully considered, period furnishings and textiles have been chosen and matched with flooring in traditional red Tuscan tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Borgo San Luigi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo San Luigi Hotel Monteriggioni
- Borgo San Luigi Monteriggioni, Italy - Tuscany