“Best Money I spent in Italy”

Wine Tour Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany is famous for its variety of quality wines, extra virgin olive oil, grappa, pecorino cheese and a lot of other less known products.With Wine Tour Adventure you can explore by car the amazing rural Tuscany, cruising vineyards, waving fields, medieval villages, castles, abbeys, artisan showrooms and workshops, local Enogastronomic shops and important wineries where you can taste all the different products.
Portland, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Money I spent in Italy”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The most dedicated, knowledgeable, and friendly staff I have ever taken a tour with. Alessandra is the very best! I highly recommend booking in advance and asking for her to guide your wine tour. She has years of wine experience as a sommelier and knows Tuscany like the back of her hand. She recommended some wineries and also took us to the few we selected. It was great to see where some of our favorite wines are crafted but we really enjoyed Alessandra’s choices. It was great to go to a winery that only makes several thousand bottles. One in particular was on a private family estate where they invite you to literally dine with them at their family table. The son grows the wine and the father makes the prosciutto and salami from their own livestock. It was a pretty amazing operation. One note on selecting wineries: if the winery is big enough to produce bottles for export to the US the winery might not be as intimate and fun as the smaller wineries where you can taste wine you can only get in Italy

1 Thank emmap719

Ottawa, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“So great we went twice!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

As part of our holiday in Italy I booked the day-long wine tasting tour for myself and three friends. Federico was our driver and guide. He speaks very good English, is very knowledgeable about the local area, and super friendly (also a very good driver). We were picked up close to the villa where we were staying and taken to two wineries, with a stop along the way at a small Tuscan hill town. We had lunch al fresco at a beautiful restaurant and the food was amazing. Our day of tasting great Chianti wines, balsamic vinegar and truffle oil was the highlight of our trip. It was such a good time that I booked another day the following week when my husband and in-laws arrived after the departure of my friends. I highly recommend this company, both for service and value. I will certainly contact them again on our next trip to the area.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Vivi060
Modena, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best day tour ever”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Alessandra is a national treasure. She is knowledgeable, personable, professional and thorough. My friends and I agree, hands down, that the full day we spent with Alessandra was the best day of our weeklong trip to Tuscany. We told her we wanted to do a wine tour, tasting Brunellos and some sightseeing. She introduced to two amazing vineyards, one also with incredible olive oil. These vineyards were small producers that we never would have found on our own. She also took us to a sheep milk cheese producer, and to a fabulous bbq restaurant for lunch. My friends and I have travelled a lot and taken lots of tours and Wine Tour Adventure and Alessandra rank in the top of the top. We were so pleased we are using her again, only 3 weeks later!

1 Thank Nancy C
Ella, Sri Lanka
“perfect day trip...”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Alessandra is a superstar. we were 3 couples without so much as a clue but with fierce hangovers but Alessandra knew how to handle us and deal with the winemakers and knew everyone and just was simply the ambassador of vino we needed her to be. just a great witty kind well spoken individual with a plethora of wine knowledge that was accessible and digestible. we laughed, we drank, we stopped at some cheese store to sober up and cry over how fantastic the day was. she can craft a half day or a whole day whatever it is you need. she picks you up and drops you off with a fantastic handful of memories for life. thank you Alessandra.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank emil W
New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The highlight of my trip!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is the 3rd tour I have taken with Alessandra and technically the 4th since we booked a 2-day tour (Chianti and Montalcino/Brunello). Alessandra is more than a tour guide, she's a friend that I enjoy visiting when I travel to Italy, a friend that searches out the best wineries, restaurants and sights along the way and always plans an amazing trip. My first trip was a wine tour in Chianti with my cousin 4 years ago, last year Alessandra took my parents and I on a tour of Montepulciano and Pienza and this year my friend and I were treated to Montalcino and Chianti. Alessandra and I exchanged a number of emails planning just the right trip since she wanted to make sure that she took me to new places in Chianti. She creates an experience at each place you visit, tours of the cellars and detailed explanations of the process, walks out into the fields, tastings at the owners dining room table....these are not "tours", they are intimate visits that allow you to enjoy every single second. Alessandra dedicates her time to locating and developing relationships with smaller top notch vineyards and it is because of this that her clients are treated like family. The wine we tasted was amazing, the people that we met along the way were lovely and so hospitable, but it is no double because we were with Alessandra that we got the "extras". Getting to walk the fields to see the new grapes, sampling wine from the barrels and going into the balsamic vinegar cellar and sampling everything (my personal favorite), I have taken other tours and never received such personal attention. My friend and I spent 17 wonderful days in Italy and the 2 days with Alessandra were a definite highlight. This is not your run of the mill tour company! I highly recommend Wine Tour Adventure and can't wait to plan my next trip to Italy, I can guarantee you that it will include at least a day with Alessandra!

1 Thank nykri