“Nothing compares.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
“Nothing compares.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The setting alone makes this worth the drive - the food, service and atmosphere at this fabulous restaurant completes the experience. I have never and would never go NEAR the region without planning a dinner here. Even Rachel ray loved the place.

PS - Have the Wild Boar - really!

• Visited May 2012

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
“A must go, with some reservations”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Il Pozzo remains a must-go by all means because of location, service and quality food. However, the lunch we had recently was less outstanding than expected. Service was very good and attentive, though in a relaxed way. The primi were very good: traditional Pici with sugo di carne, pumpkin ravioli and ravioli al cartoccio with truffle. However, this great start was mitigated by some disappointment for the 20EUR wild boar (too dry and hard) and the stuffed pigeon (also on the dry side). More attention to the meat courses would have resulted in a better quality price ratio and a wholeharted "very good".

• Visited March 2013
Bucharest
“excellent food and good service”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Although we made a very quick stop in Monteriggioni, and we did not have much time to eat, the staff was more than friendly and willing to accommodate our order so that we could leave on time. Very very good Italian food, and the only regret I have is that we didn't have more time to really enjoy the place. If you are in Tuscany, Monteriggioni is a nice place to stop and enjoy, and Ristorante Il Pozzo will complete the visit with an authentic "cucina toscana" which you will remember :)

• Visited March 2013
verbier
“A very traditional Italian restaurant”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Monteriggioni is a beautiful small town completely surrounded by a medieval wall. Unlike many such towns, there are no obvious post medieval buildings inside nor immediately outside. You can walk the town from North to South in say 5 minutes. If you travel from Florence to Siena it is worth stopping here. (exit Monteriggioni ) In the centre of the town there is a square with a well which was mentioned by Dante. In Italian il pozzo, after which the restaurant is named.

It is as traditional an Italian restaurant as you can expect. The food is good, the wild boar particularly so but what we always go for is the pasta with a taste of truffle cooked in a paper basket. the wine is excellent.
In the summer you can seat outside. There is also a good jeweller who makes and sells her own designs.
it is a thoughly pleasing experience.

1 Thank Yoram A
Siena, Italy
“Yummy traditional food that costs (too) dearly.”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Friday after a public holiday. Italian families and friends are out in numbers. I arrive at 14.30, and in 5 min or so a table has been cleared for me. I pick a favorite Sicilian white. The senior waiter returns w another, similar wine, excusing himself that they have run out of my choice. He offers the pricier bottle at the 30 euros for the Sicilian I wanted. I accept the wine, and although from a wholly different part of Italy it is an excellent Chardonnay. I have to ask for an ice bucket, though. The starter I chose, a mushroom salad, is not made with porcini my head waiter informs. That is a disappointment, in mushroom season. They actually have porcini, and I'm offered a choice of quickly fried ones as a starter. After some time, they arrive. Simplicity defined, but some really tasty mushrooms. Perhaps the few basil shreds are a bit off, and a heap of parsley would work better. My main, faraona (guinea-fowl) w truffles, takes even longer to arrive, although the restaurant is thinning out by now. Three pieces of succulent bird served w a little side of polenta. The truffles, regrettably, all but disappear. For dessert, as usual, I opt out and go for a selection of cheese. The usual pecorino arrives - fresh, aged, and very aged. I'm having a glass of the Italian version of Sauternes to go w the cheese. There is also a decent honey. The cheese are definitely better than average, although I always wish there might be something else than pecorino. Coffe and grappa. The bill.. It is impressive. Sure, I do like my drinks. But, this is approaching a tasting menu. If there were two of us, and I didn't carry half a bottle of good wine home, it's 67 euro per person. Food is definitely above average, but so are the prices. You can get better, or, at least, more interesting food at that price.

1 Thank RobbieJey