“my greek wedding planners!”
Review of Lindos

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
berkshire
6 helpful votes
“my greek wedding planners!”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I've just got back from Lindos after having the wedding of my dreams. We used "unforgettable rhodes weddings" wedding planners, and I can't big them up enough! They gave us a brilliant package, and just having them around on the day really put my mind at rest as anything we wanted, they organised. It was TOTALLY stress free. We got married in St Pauls Chapel, and anyone thinking of doing the same:
1) wear flat shoes!! My groom wore flip flops
2) choose late afternoon as it gets soooo hot in the day
3) just GO FOR IT. All our guests thought it was one of the best weddings they had been to. There was no pomp or stuffiness and because everyone there was on holiday, it made it a lovely relaxing atmosphere.

Good Luck!

3 Thank lulabellejayne
Cleveland, Ohio
25 helpful votes
“First but not last Greek Island Experience, Rhodes,Greece”
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I had to choose one Greek Island ,easy to get to from Tel Aviv,Israel for 5 days of R & R, and Rhodes, with staying in Lindos was a great selection. We had a 45minute cab ride to Lindos and with the help of other Trip Advisor travelers decided that a Maris Studio two bedroom apt. with a great patio and view of the sea would be perfect and affordable for our stay.Our first morning we were greeted by a lovely woman with hugs and smiles . She kept our rooms & towels fresh daily. I must say the people of Lindos were all kind, welcoming and a delight to meet.
Remember the economy there was in the 6th month of its crisis when we were there and yes you could feel the slow down, but the spirits were high and optimistic. With blue sky and perfect weather and the sea ,you have to smile.

The walk down to the beach from our apartment was easy, the walk back needs a surefooted able body, which the three of us are blessed with. I mention this as the paths are at times slippery with sand on rock as your are nearer the beautiful water, so take care.
Plenty of tavernas are up and down the beach for lunch serving fresh tasty salads, fish, pasta, & more.

A ferry boat brings tourists from Rhodes to tour Lindos, ride the donkeys up to the acropolis, or swim. There are many chairs and umbrellas to let, and the beaches never felt crowded. The water is clear and a delicious swim .

After , 2 weeks in Israel I was ruined out,but my husband and daughter woke up early to climb to see the sunrise on the acropolis in Lindos and avoid the heat ; they were very excited about being the only two there, not like in Athens with the throngs.
Our evening dinners were varied.One evening we watched the world cup final and shopped for gifts, before dining. The rooftop restaurants are not to be missed. There is also one restaurant that I especially loved "Ambrosia",fantastic, beautiful inside and a dedicated restauranteur who understands food.

We had some confusion with the time of our flight back (we missed it), but all was well, as someone recommended we take the blue line ferry (a 12 hr. ride) to Athens. Serendipitously,to leave the airport, we found a kind, very accomodating cab driver, who gave us a tour of old town Rhodes,knew all the sights, got us to a bank in a box , and to the ferry on time.
Yes it wasn't the brief flight to Athens we expected, but the weather was gorgeous as it always is in the summer in Greece and we saw Islands all around us, ate, slept, and loved the experiencing the sun set as we made our way to Athens.

So much to see in so little time, I would like to return to Greece and feel the warm sun and speak a little more Greek .

East Midlands
5 helpful votes
“Lindos, including the Acropolis”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Taking a boat trip to Lindos from Kolimbia is definitely a great start to a memorable day.

Lindos is a quaint place, albeit a little smelly at times from the donkeys which are still used to transport people, who want to be ferried by these poor animals, to and from the Acropolis. We walked, and whilst the Acroplis is most definitely worth a visit, a word of warning- the path is rather slippy and it would be wise to wear trainers or similar non- slip footwear. Remember to keep away from the edges, especially children, and take lots of water to drink with you! Enjoy the experience.

London, United Kingdom
“The Jewel in the crown of Rhodes and the dodecanese”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

How beautiful can any one place be? I have yet to experience a more tranquil and yet vibrant place.
Lindos is held together by the towering monolith that houses the Acropolis and the village is forever the provider on the slopes below.
The sea is as clean and clear as you will see anywhere in the world these days, if not cleaner and the good thing is for a 1/4 of a mile out the level is only up to your knees so the children can play there by the seaside all day.
It is hotter in Lindos than anywhere else on Rhodes, this is because it is situated in a ''rock bowl'' which heats up under the sun in the day and the nights are not long enough in the summer to cool it down so it is still hot there from the day before. This means it feels 2 degrees hotter down there than anywhere else on the island.
There are no cars allowed in the village or motorbikes so it is so child friendly in there and just takes you to the state of tranquility that you long for living in a town or city in the ''real world''.
Food in abundance and bars a-plenty, it is all there for you, and if you are canny enough to get yourself accommodation inside the village rather than outside on the hill or in a place that claims it is Lindos based but isn't, then all of this I have mentioned and more is yours to enjoy during your stay.
It is beautiful and you will never want to go anywhere else in Greece once you have finally experienced Lindos I promise you that!!

London
101 helpful votes
“What a wonderful place.”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Just returned from Lindos and had a fantastic time. We didn't know anything much about the place before we went so thought I'd pass a few things on to others.
We stayed at Lindos Horizon that we booked through Thomson. Very clean, spacious and well looked after place at the rear of the town - on a hill. Definitely a good choice for us. 25 min walk to Main Beach and we tended to use a walkway at the right of the village square (looking out to sea) which is unsigned but starts with wrought iron steps down past what looks like an unused small swimming pool (best description). This eventually brings you out on the path to the beach past a Dive school that I didn't know existed or I would have taken my gear!! We tended to stay to the right of main beach, nearer the town and small beach, as we found the restaurant 'Corelli' (I think) served very cold beer in iced glasses and did a lovely tuna salad roll with a few chips!! The toilets are clean (no paper) and there are showers and changing areasat the back of the beach. A row of pebbles has appeared in the water but there are some cleared areas for getting into the sea.
There are many ways back into town but we tended to take the steps up, close to the restaurant.
The village is all pedestrianised with the odd small pick-up delivering supplies and obviously donkeys! I felt sorry for the donkeys, especially when rather very large, ignorant fat people thought it OK to get on a donkey. My opinion is that if you can't walk up to the acropolis on your own two feet...don't bother!!
There are many alleyways to explore with many bars and restaurants. We ate in Steffany's, Dionysis, Acropolis, Alex's and Symposium. We went to Steffany's twice as it was so good but my favourite was Dionysis where the portions are very generous
and the food excellent. I would advise that you check your bill after every meal as in two of our first three meals, we were over-charged on the bill, by 45 euros in one restaurant. Fortunately we spotted this BEFORE paying. This didn't detract at all from our eating experience.
What I enjoyed was that you were asked to look at their menus by door staff, but not hassled. Shop staff were similar when you stopped to look in their window but again, no hassle.
The money exchange places showed their rates but then put on 2% commission. There are ATM's but I didn't see a bank and I don't think there is one here.
The trip up to the Acropolis is worthwhile but I would advise getting there before 10am at least as there are many coaches and boatloads of people arrive. This makes the acropolis a bit too crowded and it's then difficult to get to read the information boards or get your special photos. The walk up is not as bad as it looks and when you see how the donkeys are kept away from the village where they are tethered and left in the sun for hours on end, I don't think it's right. Again, this didn't spoil my holiday.
Yes, I would go back tomorrow and I hope to go back in a few years.

Been to Lindos? Share your experiences!