“Half Full or Half Empty”
Review of Hotel Lindos View

Hotel Lindos View
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel recently seems to have been getting criticism for the rooms .The newer rooms are very good but the other rooms are not like some people are making out even the older rooms are better than others in the same price bracket like lindos gardens,lindos athena and and lambis apartments comparing it with lindos blu and lindos mare is stupid as these cost over £1000 over 2 weeks.
We stayed in newer room and it is probaly of a 4 star standard we had a 1 bedroom apartment with a glass partition dividing 1 half with a double bed and bath and balcony from the other half with 2 single beds and kitchenette and bathroom.
The kitchen consisted of a long marble top sink with toaster and kettle and a fridge with a freezer compartment.
There was also a plug in 2 ring hob and a few pans if you needed to cook and 4 mugs 4 glasses corkscrew ect.
Beds were really comfortable and maid service very good coming in every day except sunday leaving loads of towels.
The hotel complex is very with 2 good sized pools only gripe was most were secured by 9.00am with the british habit of reserving them with towels there were some available but most prime spots were secured We only used pool on the first day as we used the beaches for most of the holiday Pool is very clean though and is open from 8.00am to 8.00pm.
There is a games room on the basment with a couple of driving games a pinball game 4 pool tables a table tennis table, air hockey table and 4 computers with internet access and pc games which cost about 1 euro for 20 minutes so plenty to keep kids amused
We used the resteraunt once and was very good with main courses about 10 euros good to have the option if you dont want to stroll into lindos
Bar food was good and drink and beer prices probaly same as in lindos 3.50 for a large beer but a full pint glass when most bars in lindos serve 0.5 litre glasses
I found bar service slow at times especialy when the pool girl finished around 5.00pm but improved after 11 .00pm when resteraunt closed and the waiter from resteraunt who is very good helped in bar.
There is wi fi available in lobby but this is very slow when loads log on okay early and late though.
Location is very good being in krana area but right on top of lindos if you go right towards st pauls bay about 100 yards down there is a gap in the wall and a path takes you down to the top of the village takes about 6 minutes and the first bars Dreams bar and Lindian house bar you can the walk through the village to the square where a taxi back up cost 4 euros.Walk to st pauls bay takes about 15 minutes downhill bur hard work back up .The bus stop is 3 minute walk from hotel there is a free bus service every 5 minutes from the bus stop to the lindos square and Local services every hour to rhodes town .pefkos ,lardos ect
There are 2 super markets about 3 minutes from hotel which stock most things and a nice bar and resteraunt called the ice bar if you fancy a change from hotel
Entertainment is low key with karaoke on 2 nights singer for 1 night which both finish at midnight and there is a greek night and a barbque night which cost 15 euros per person but are all you can eat buffet type.
Hire car is available through reception and we had on for a week and i would advise people to do if even for a 1 day as rhodes is a beautiful island .Our best was a drive to monolithos castle and then a drive down to fourni beach where we were the only people on it .Also some lovely inland villages like lachnia kattavia asklipio and embanos .Prassoni beach at tip of island is very good for watching windsurfers and kite boarding some are really world class.Also a great barbque night on sunday night on beach at skala in lindos our best meal was Roulas in Lardos a lot cheaper than Lindos and massive portions
People need to book this hotel and if they get a refurb room its a bonus but the other rooms are still better than 80 percent of accomodation in lindos

Room Tip: Its not the end of the world if you do not get room of choice
3  Thank duncandonuts190

Reviewed August 2, 2013

With a “good” position above Lindos, Lindos View has the makings of a great hotel/apartment complex. The rooms are all immaculately clean, the staff helpful and the facilities of a good standard. Seemingly the rooms are gradually being refurbished and, whilst it can be a lottery as to what you end up with having read some of the reviews, I have to say that the basic room my boys and I had was more than adequate.

The two pools of the hotel are perfectly sized and there are indeed plenty of beds for those that want to stay there all day – take a towel though to reserve your spot! The beach is not that far away either and though the walk can be a little hairy at times given the path and main road are one and the same, the water is warm and crystal clear. It remains shallow for a considerable distance too and so is great for those less confident in the water.

From the hotel and across the main road, Lindos itself looks beautiful below the 2,500 year old Acropolis. However, the march of mass tourism has taken a toll on the very essence of the old town. It seems that the quaint Greek hospitable charm is lost. All the shops sell much the same thing and the traditional tavernas are no more. We did get rather excited to find a bakery called “Nona’s” but it only really sold muffins and pizza!! Menus are displayed in a minimum of three languages and the cuisine has been altered to favour the masses. Looking at many menus you could easily be in Italy or Spain. What is offered is at best mediocre in quality and flare in additional to being overpriced. Many restaurants rely on frozen supplies, the hotel menu in the rooms even stating such rather than promoting local produce. Unfortunately the hotel restaurant is similarly lacking and equally overpriced. If they really concentrated on traditional Greek food made with fresh local produce, diners greeted with complimentary bread then they could set themselves apart from the restaurants in Lindos itself.

I wanted to go self-catering to allow freedom to eat what, where and when I wanted and so that I could cook using local ingredients. The invasion of tourism though has seen the demise of the local shop, be that the bakery or purveyor of fish, meat and produce. The supermarkets generally all sold the same things – rather expensively and to get anything fresh was difficult unless you had a car to travel to the larger supermarkets away from the resort. Had I been able to buy what I wanted locally though I would still have struggled. My only real gripe towards the hotel is the fact that the kitchenette was not that well equipped. Whilst there was a fridge, a two ring electric stove, kettle and toaster there was only one dull knife by way of utensils. There was an assortment of crockery that would serve a family of four but when it came to preparing a meal, even a salad, you had to use your wits. Meals had to be planned in advance as you had to pay consideration to what you were buying and how you could cook it or even get into it. Many items in the supermarkets were tinned – but there was no tin opener. Perhaps Lindos View could offer the hire of utensil packs much as they do with the air-conditioner control on a deposit system. Was rather frustrating to go self-catering but then only really be able to do breakfast.

The kitchenette provision aside, Lindos View is a great base from which to explore Lindos and Rhodes. The staff are always on hand to help, their English for the none native speakers is excellent and so there are never any problems that can’t be addressed. I would recommend Lindos and Lindos View to all as long as your main reason for going is not great Greek food; be it to be bought and prepared or enjoyed at many of the local restaurants.

2  Thank Ham1975
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've recently returned from a weeks stay at the Lindos View. As I'd read other reviews on here before I traveled I emailed ahead and asked if I could have one of the newly refurbished rooms. I was told the first night of my stay there were none available but on my second day I could move to a new room if I wished. The room I was put into on the first night was perfect so I didn't feel the need to change when asked the next morning. My room was very clean, spacious and had a lovely view of The Acropolis. The Air-con worked a treat too. The hotel was in a great location, only about a ten minute walk into Lindos town, and about the same to get to St Paul's Bay. Be warned that the walk back to the hotel is hard work, very steep hills! but you can always jump in a taxi for a few Euro's. The hotels 2 pools were very clean and there were always plenty of sun beds available, I preferred spending time at the hotels front pool which seemed to be more for adults. Unfortunately I didn't eat at the hotels restaurant but the food served at the pool side bar was nice. There is a great supermarket on the same road as the Lindos View, I used it every day (come out and take a left) The only thing I think the hotel could improve on is the night time entertainment, maybe have less Karaoke nights?
I would definitely stay at the Lindos View again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel (less noisy)
1  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel, and again the year after for the anniversary, my daughter got married in Lindos and I could not fault it! Half of the guests had the refurbished rooms and although they are lovely, the one's that had not yet been updated were still adequate and certainly not as bad as some people are making out! Anyone who travels to Greece would know this and should book into and pay for 5 Star accommodation if that is what they want! All the staff really friendly, food lovely, location excellent and can't wait to return one day!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lindseyt63
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lovely hotel, 2 lovely pools and stunning roof restaurant over looking the acropolis. Lindos itself is so pretty it is hard to believe it, We went self catering and found the supermarkets a little dear. So we tried some of the roof top restaurants, which were stunning and brill food.The apartment was clean and had a nice view, only a 10 min walk to centre in either direction. We went when it was Rhodes rock 13 to see our son headlining , so it was very busy and noisy so it was lovely to be out of the centre a bit. Staff were very helpful and pleasant .

Room Tip: Apartments at the rear very quite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jacquie W
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at the Lindos View for 2 weeks, we had a brilliant holiday. We had a ground floor room, the room was basic but had plenty of space and spotless. We found the service of the staff especially the bar staff to be excellent. The pools and pool areas lovely and sun traps. A great location most evenings we walked down the hill into Lindos for a meal and it was 4 euros in a taxi if you did not want to walk back up the hill. Over all enjoyed our stay would book this hotel again.

1  Thank lizzie7077
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Lovely pools. Nice games area. But would never ever ever ever stay again. Why? Everyone pays the same price to stay here and (the hotel management) decide on the standard of your room. Some people get basic and some luxury. Pretty much everyone now emails in advance to ask for refurbished room so doing this really makes no difference. Don't think this will get you a nice room. Believe me, we begged!
Personally I object to not being allowed to book a room of the standard I require. If you don't mind about rooms it's a great place to stay but if you do go to a hotel where YOU choose the standard of your room. I paid £2000 for one week and got a really basic room.
It was awful! Walk to Lindos town is ok. Hill back is fine and my 3 year old managed with a smile. However if you are a beach person there is a further serious hill to any of the beaches.Very hard work. Really this is a hotel for pool lovers who don't mind paying a serious amount of money for the hotel to decide whether you get a luxury room or a really really really basic horrible space. I can only afford one holiday a year so in future I will decide what my room is like and go to Lindos mare or blue where I can choose. Great hotel though if you are a karaoke night fan. Very much that kind of vibe.

• Stayed: July 2013
8  Thank annabron
Profilienos, General Manager at Hotel Lindos View, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank You for sharing your experiences while staying at Lindos View. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed the time in the swimming pools and found the hotel as a convenient place to reach the Lindos village.

We understand Your disappointment when not getting newly renovated room. The management of the Lindos View follows the simple rule: the requests for refurbished room are satisfied depending on the time that the customer sends the request (requests that come first are satisfied first). It is a shame that all renovated rooms were already accommodated with other customers who requested the new room before You and we are sorry that we could not allocate you in refurbished room. We are very sorry that the standard room that You stayed in did not meet your expectations. We are trying our best to make all the rooms as nice as newly renovated rooms. It is also expectable that in the near future we will have more refurbished rooms.

However, it is important to mention that when booking Your holidays through Thomson or Thomas Cook you are choosing the standard room which is assumed to be the quality of room that You have stayed in with the chance of getting newly renovated room.

We are sorry that so far there is no possibility to choose the standard of the room when booking through the company (Thomson or Thomas Cook). However, we expect to have this option soon.

We wish you all the best in your future holidays.

Kind regards,