“Excellent Location”
Review of Hotel Lindos View

Hotel Lindos View
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week in May. The general condition of the hotel is very goof. I didn't have a reason to comment on the service so that means it was good.

The rooms were cleaned to an excellent standard, all the staff were friendly, the food was fine, Sky sports in the reception, so can't fault it really.

Be careful of the offer for signing up to the breakfast deal as it says it includes two courses but orange juice is classed as a course, so if you select orange juice to start and a breakfast, you have to pay for the coffee or tea with the breakfast as you are not allowed both with the offer, which is not what it says.

Maybe a petty thing but with a family of four for two weeks that can add up.

In peak season order the breakfast as soon as the waiter comes to your table or you can be waiting 20 mins before they get back for your order and then another half hour for your breakfast.

Overall, excellent place and I am going back next year.

Fenners

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fenners68

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I likes the hotel and the location was not too bad but I felt the service and the general atmosphere let it down. We arrived late on and the karaoke party was in full swing! Classy! it was so noisy and the singing was dreadful. Maybe it was due to that, but first impression was that the Lindos View was a bit tacky and down market, and I commented that that they must have done a really good job with this one the website! Ten years ago you would have said this place was well above average for Greece as it had a shower cubicle and other features, but I feel standards have improved and now it really is quite average for Greece. Not dreadful, just average that is all I am saying. People need to get a sense of perspective.
Our room was quite pokey and on the ground floor. You could hear everything from the room above. There was no view but there was a smell from the drains.
I would say this is more of a family place. It's not really for couples and the staff do not make couples feel welcome. That is how we felt about it. I have seen pictures of towels being arranged etc for honeymooners - we did not have that at all even though it was our anniversary. Nothing about this made it feel special or unique.
During the day the hotel is very busy and not relaxing. Overall we had a good holiday as Lindos is fantastic but I would not rush back to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Profilienos, General Manager at Hotel Lindos View, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for your comments which help our hotel to improve. We are glad to hear that in general you liked Lindos View hotel.

I would like to seize the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your last stay September 2012 at Lindos View Hotel. Firstly, you were annoyed about the karaoke evening on your arrival night. The important thing to mention here is that we never organize karaoke events on the days of arrivals. However, it is a shame that you were annoyed by the singing on the karaoke night, but these types of entertainment are highly requested by most of the guests.

As you have mentioned at the end of your review, the good idea is to email us few weeks before your holidays to request for the room at the high floor as well as to mention the special occasions (such as wedding anniversary). We are always doing our best to satisfy this type of requests and try to surprise the couples when we know about their special day.

Moreover, if you are irritated by the smell from the drains or face any other unpleasant experiences, it is always a good idea just to tell about these matters at the reception. We will always try to solve these issues as soon as possible.

If you ever decide to spend your holidays in Lindos View again, please do not hesitate to contact me personally to take care of your next booking to ensure you will have a pleasant stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Kind regards,
Yannis Profilienos,
Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a week commencing 8 June, we loved Lindos View and would thoroughly recommend it. The location is perfect with a beautiful view of the town and acropolis from the front of the hotel, a lovely view when having a drink or meal. The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk down into the town which is just gorgeous, absolutely full of Greek charm, history and culture. The rooms are spacious and clean, the food at the bar is lovely and well priced and the staff are wonderful, so friendly and helpful. All in all a great place to stay in what in my opinion is the best resort in Rhodes. Go to Lindos and stay at the Lindos View, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank ElaineMcEniff
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The location at the top of the hill overlooking Lindos was spectacular! The walk into Lindos was downhill and pleasant whilst the walk back was fairly tough going but manageable. We went bed and breakfast which we were pleased with. The rooms were pleasant with a balcony, comfy beds and and a good shower. The only negative were the cooking facilities, very basic and limited if you did want to cook anything. We managed with the kettle and toaster. The entertainment at night in the bar area went on a bit too long on a couple of occasions. Listening to children 'murder' songs on the karaoke machine wasn't my idea of a relaxing evening, though I guess they enjoyed themselves! The place was spotlessly clean and the staff very pleasant. Thankfully we got away without having to pay for air conditioning. At 55 euros per week or 10 euros per day was a hidden cost that maybe should be advertised on booking. Went to Rhodes for a day trip on the public transport, 5 euros each way and took an hour and a quarter. Was well worth it, a lovely town! All in all we enjoyed our holiday!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bruce1960
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm not easily pleased but I would recommend this hotel ,to anyone , my reasons being , the standards of care,attention to detail , quality of accommodation,food ,staff, location ,friendliness of staff.I cannot speak too highly of Yannis and his staff ,they made a great holiday excellent ,My wife and I got married in St.pauls bay ,and had our reception at the Lindos View,it was a perfect day made all the better by the hotel and staff .My wife and our families all stopped in the hotel ,ages ranging from 2yrs to 76 and everybody was catered for in an excellent manner ,how many times have I said excellent ? that sums it up !! Thank you very much Yannis and the Lindos View, WE'LL BE BACK !!!!

Room Tip: just speak to Yannis ,nothing is too much trouble for him ,my mother wanted to bring him home !!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tommy1960
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at the Lindos View from the 22nd of May to the 1st June, we are a family of 4 with a 21 month old baby & 5 year old. The hotel itself is lovely, pools & bar area are very clean and well looked after, staff are friendly, the bar food is gorgeous if a little over priced, the kids playground is a little dated but our girls enjoyed playing on it. Never had an issue getting a sunbed although we feel they could do with updating. We had studio room, referbished, it was clean and very modern but with two adults & 2 small children it wasn't big anufe, my eldest had a bed to the side of us with my youngest daughter's travel cot infront ( we felt there was no room for the travel cot & it was quite old & faded) I did explain my concerns to the receptionist but she advised I would have to go through my rep etc we didn't want an issue on our holiday so made do. be aware that air con is a very expensive €55 for the week €100 for 2 weeks, which we ended up paying as it was so hot in the room. You get a one ring stove & limited cutlery which was a bit trickey when trying to cook a meal but not a major issue. All in all we had a nice time at the lindos view & proberly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Mummy2moo
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Just back from my first holiday in Lindos but definitely not the last. Hotel is lovely, newly refurbished rooms utilise the space to give you as much room as possible. If you are sharing a room be sure you know them well as there is little privacy -there is no separate bathroom, just a partition with frosted glass and a curtain. Self catering basic but adequate and really so many great restaurants in the town you won't want to stay in for dinners at all. All tastefully decorated with lovely finishing touches though. Staff friendly and efficient, food at the snack bar fine too.

• Stayed: May 2013