“Truly Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Lindos
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Truly Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Officially described as a 4 Star hotel, it should be 6 stars at least.
Quiet and tranquil with amazing views.
Stayed 01/05/13 for one week and we didn't want to leave.
From day one our expectations were exceeded.
Heavenly food and it felt like fine dining (we went half board). great choice and not one meal we disliked.
Staff are so friendly and helpful and really couldn't do enough for us.
Hotel is about 3 mins taxi ride from Lindos itself and around 5-8 euros.
Tea/ coffee facilities and a hair dryer in our room.
nice touch was a mosquito plug in for us. (we did get bitten).
I can't comment on the spa as we ran out of time and didn't use it.
don't think it would be a place for children (a playground was being built whilst we were there but beyond that I think most would be bored)
Main pool was clean and refreshing! but we didn't use the 2nd pool.
we hired a car from Rodos cars (office in hotel) and couldn't find fault with them either.
I am fussy and potentially a snob when it comes to my hotels but I would recommend Lindos Mare to anyone and we will return.

Room Tip: we booked a superior room with a sea view (it was worth it)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Pontypridd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We first stayed at the Lindos Mare Hotel in September 2010. We booked the holiday through Thomson and contacted Efi at the hotel direct to organise our wedding for us. From arriving to leaving, the whole experience was first-class. The holiday and the wedding itself is something we will cherish forever.

The wedding planning was so simple, we bought a Golden Package with Efi direct which included everything from the cars to St Pauls Bay, to photos, to videos, to the flowers and cake. I didn't have to do anything. Efi asked us what we wanted and she delivered. She is an absolute credit to the hotel. We have made a life-long friend and still keep in touch to this day. The package also included some wonderful spa treatments and a manicure and pedicure on the day of the wedding. Bev also did my hair which was also beautiful and Ana provided make-up on the day. I remember sitting on the balcony on the day of the wedding thinking, "Surely I'm supposed to be stressed right now?", but honestly, if I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing.

The food at the wedding was perfect, we opted for a Greek menu which everyone enjoyed. The wine went really well with the food, the staff again were amazing. I can't thank each and every one of the staff enough.

The hotel is beautifully decorated and the rooms are well cleaned and modern. We had the bridal suite (Room 151) which overlooked the rest of the hotel and the views across Vlicha Beach. Stunning to say the least.

The food in the main restaurant and service provided by the waiters/waitresses is always 5 star worthy. There's so many different cuisines to suit everyone that we were always spoiled for choice. Savvas and Mikalis greet you with the warmest welcome every breakfast and dinner. They remember each and every guest every day and even remembered us when we returned the next year and the year after that.

I also have to mention the reception staff, who speak so many different fluent languages it's bonkers! Nothing was ever too much trouble for them, I was always forgetting the bus timetable and they never moaned!

The hotel is situated just outside Lindos but lies on the main road so you can get a bus into town or up to Rhodes town no problem. The beach is down a few flights of stairs or you can take a number of lifts down to the bottom. The pool at the bottom is great, we used to spend most of our time here as the bar was right next to the pool and if we fancied a bit of lunch we could go to the Medina restaurant too. The hotel also offers the option to switch your evening meal to a lunch meal too which was fantastic if we wanted to pop into Lindos for a meal.

All in all, I can't rate this hotel enough. I'm surprised it's not #1 out of all the hotels in the area. We've been back a few times and hopefully will be returning this September. When you stay, you can definitely see why people return year after year like us.

Room Tip: TIP! - book the hotel direct and the flights separate, it's a lot cheaper than going through Tho...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Charlene T
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great location with friendly staff who are very welcoming and they go out of their way to ensure you enjoy your stay. Have visited twice. Excellent hotel facilities. Food was delicious. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting a quiet getaway but still having the option for evening entertainment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dwell_13
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am quite late in getting round to writing this review from our Honeymoon we had in this wonderful hotel in June last year.

Upon arrival check in was great and the staff were friendly.

We were escorted to our room which was a Junior Suite right at the end (Next to the Lindos Blu Hotel) which they had decorated in petals and put heart shapes on our bed in sweets complete with gowns and slippers.

The room was fantastic, huge, spotless with a lovely modern bathroom. (I would thoroughly recommend upgrading). The balcony was large with fantastic views over the bay. As we were at the end we only had one balcony to the left. The junior suites are at the top of the hotel next to the quiet bar and reception area. Getting down to the restaurant main pool and a la carte restaurant was very easy either by the cable car or walking down a few lights of stairs. My only negative was getting down to the beach as it was a bit of a mission down various lifts in different buildings but its the price you pay to be at the top of the hotel with that great view. The beach was very nice and the bar attendant regularly walked up and down getting drinks always with a smile. Sunbeds & parasols were free.

I won’t go on too much as sure I am repeating what a lot of the other reviews have said. But to sum it up this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Service was great. Food was fantastic (main meal is brought to you after selecting from a menu which is a great touch as I hate getting up and down to visit the buffet too often), Staff was great, Lindos is lovely (although a little busy), weather was 35c with no rain for the 2 weeks we were there (Mid June).

Room Tip: Junior suite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Gfunk44
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have found reviews very helpfull ourselfs So:-
We spent a couple of weeks relaxing at the Lindos mare Oct 2012 We had a Junior Suite this was perfect it had two balconys and a Fantastic! view acccross the bay and down the coast.Ther was a bottle of wine and a bowl of fruit on the table when we arrived.( Nice! ).
We do so love to sit on the balcony have a drink and nibbles before going down to eat in the evening.Also to sit in the bath and look out to sea was relaxing.One wall of the bathroom had a Large window! that was OK no one could see in.
For breakfast one had a wide choice of food all well prepaired and well presented.All dining times you are shown to a table with a wide choice in the evening as well.Again no complaints I think you would have to be extreemly fussy not to find a wonderfull meal every visit.We took advantage of the car hire in the hotel it was nice to visit places we knew from previous visits and also found some new memories.
Entertainment was on site in the evening or a stroll into Lindos was possible but we chose a 6/7eroTaxi ride as the road was unpaved.We met lovely people arounr the resort the pools were nice with plenty of sunbeds available.
Shame we had to return home but would choose this Hotel again.Thanks to all the staff who made the stay so lovely.
Wishing you a happy holiday if you stay at the Lindos Mare.
Dan n Jan Canterbury Kent

Room Tip: At this hotel request a sea view I dont think you could go wrong.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Danny H
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I cannot even begin to explain how fantastic this holiday was! I stayed with my family for 10 days in the Lindos Mare, and when we first arrived we could not believe how beautiful and calm the area was. We were shown to our room (family) which was lovely and spacious, and had all the facilities that we needed, as well as a stunning balcony view that looked over the glorious beach just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Throughout the whole holiday we had nothing to complain about, the staff were friendly and helpful, as my son is a really fussy eater and we thought this would cause a problem, but the staff were generous and kind and helped at our every need and request. The restaurant and food was lovely, a great variety of food ranging from the best greek meat, to side salads, soups and delicious desserts! One day we even walked into the town of Lindos, which I totally recommend doing, as you get to see all the beautiful antique buildings, and market places. We spent most of our time at the pool which was spotless and was really great for me and my partner to relax and have a drink at the bar, whilst our kids were in the pool. The beach was just amazing..it was so calm and peaceful, we would stay there until about 7pm in the evening! When it was time to leave however, I couldn't express my sadness as we had built up a relationship with the staff and the people there, and it was such a shame to say goodbye to the stunning hotel that sits on the hillside near Lindos. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, as by far this has been the best hotel and holiday I have ever ventured to!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank gracesarah
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had a perfect one week holiday in this beautiful, peaceful hotel last summer.
I agree with all the good reviews from this hotel: this changed my attitude towards Rhodos also. We did not feel the tourist crowds here, we just enjoyed the excellent service of the hotel, the great seeviews and fantastic dinners.

Our room was a junior suite and it had a lof of space to all three of us (me, husband and 10 year old daughter). From the balcony we had a great view to the bay and see.

Pool area was peace full and You always could find a sunbed there. The beach was just down with an elevator and there was plenty of sunbeds, too.

We usually had lunch on the road but the ones we had in the hotel, were good and not too pricy. We had half board, that I can recommend, as the dinner was very good, especially the dessert table was a favorite to my daughter. One hint: we are preferred early dinner times and were also able to choose our tables. The ones coming there later had to wait for the tables.

I will go back there. Not this summer but may be next summer. And I very seldom go back any hotel....it was that good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CoupleEspoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
Lindos Blu
#3 of 33 in Lindos
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kiotari

Been to Lindos Mare Hotel? Share your experiences!