This hotel is it!! We were there at the very end of the season, and sadly experienced a couple of evening thunderstorms, but as we were staying in the main hotel, we did not get wet! The temperature varied between 23 and 25 degrees on the sunny days, so we still got a tan!
The atriums in both sections of this hotel are lush to say the least. And the lovely gardens weave in and out between various swimming pools down to the individual villas which have their own plunge pools, on the way to the beach, which is on a wide bay of stone/shingle, but it shelves quickly into the deep water of the Adriatic, so is not really suitable for children. However is is a wonderful swimming experience, so long as you have beach shoes.
The restaurant staff are very good, notably Pari our waitress, (a lovely lady), who looked after us so well, and the service manager, Savvas Papanforiou made us feel so very welcome every night, and has his staff well in hand. Breakfast was an excellent experience, and we elected to eat from the buffet each evening, and very much enjoyed the selection, as we like to try local dishes. The desserts were far too good for my waistline!! (One just HAS to partake! It would be rude not to!! He he)
The main problem experienced in the dining room is a common and on-going one in many hotels with restaurants open to the outside world - feral cats! I am a cat lover, and own one myself, but by the end of the season there are many who sneak in, due in no small part to guests feeding them from the table. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!! It is unhealthy, and causes problems for staff, and for guests with allergies. The service manager (mentioned above) has tried his very best, and has reported it several times to the powers that be, yet nothing is done.
I found the entertainment provided to be very enjoyable, especially the 'Dream boats and petticoats' evening. Wonderful! All in all a lovely break, in a good quality hotel, albeit later than we ideally would have liked to go. We left Rhodes at 23 degrees, and arrived home to 0 degrees, so the advantage of going was obvious!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quality renowned, Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas is the ideal destination for marvelous vacations and relaxing holidays. This architecturally innovative hotel combines luxury with its delightful blend of Greek Classical styles and ambiance meters from the crystal clear beach. The hotel is situated in the tranquil bay of Kalathos, close to the picturesque village of Lindos, on the Southeast area of Rhodes Island. Its unique beauties of nature and cultural heritage characterize it as the most intriguing region of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas Hotel Lindos
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort And Villas
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Hotel
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Resort
- Atrium Palace Rhodes
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas Lindos, Rhodes