“Wonderful hotel - thanks to the staff”

Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 6, 2012

There are many 5-star hotels in Rhodes, but only one Atrium Palace. This is definitely thanks to the staff that would do everything for you. After returning for many years, one person stands out particularly: Pani, the pool bar man! Always friendly, caring for everybody and ensuring service is efficient. Thanks to him, holidays are always a pleasure in the Atrium

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CooCk9
There are newer reviews for Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hello, Atrium! Atrium Palace is situated in a prime location next to the sea, with a vast territory, which is blooming, bright, very well kept garden .. The wait staff smiling and polite. Great hotel with the best staff! These people are professionals in all its glory! The hotel offers a large swimming pools with bars. Most of the holiday we had in the main pool and bar with Pani and Panayotis. Pani most wonderful bartender and just a good guy. Throughout the rest felt the care and skill of our new friends! Very relaxed atmosphere!
Everywhere feels like home. I am delighted with holidays. A wonderful place and a great hotel! I advise everyone to choose it for the rest. It has the absolute advantage of: far from the city and other hotels, is not on the road, the area is quite large, lots of greenery and flowers ... Beauty .. I'd love to come here again. Thank you for welcoming the Greeks!
Special thanks to the restaurant manager, bartender and Pani from the pool-bar .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

From the 7th of September we stayed for 2 weeks and it was the most beauty hotel. The rooms were really clean and the weather was perfect, it was nice and windy, it can get really hot! The hotel also offers PADI training courses, which I achieved my first level with Lee O’Flynne who gives one to one training. He was amazing with me because I kept getting rrrreally scared underwater, he was very kind, patient and motivating. Once qualified, I was able to enjoy the beautiful waters, fish and caves, which was totally amazing; and I felt really confident in the water. I was very grateful that Lee took some amazing photographs. The staff in the hotel were really friendly and you definitely need to visit the Operations Manager Katerina Mitsinioti who went the extra mile to find out which events and excursion’s we were looking for, and where the best restaurants to go to, which she booked and organised. She recommended the Melenos in Lindos were the views were breath taking and the food was stunningly beautiful and tasted amazing, for real foodies out there it is a divine experience. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere but we travelled about on mopeds and loved it!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My Wife and I have just returned from a two week stay at this hotel (Half board).
By Greek standards this is a five star but in all intense and purposes it a four. The hotel is on its own and you will need to catch the bus into Lindos and get a taxi back (last return bus at 8pm). However, they taxis were cheap and plentiful. Although, half board we ate out in Lindos six times in the evening enjoying the roof top restaurants and the buzz of the place. We thought the hotel lacked a Greek atmosphere and we could have been anywhere in the Med.
Good points,
The staff they were very good and attentive from the bar, restaurant and room. Special mention to the animation team they had always a smile on their faces and worked long hours.
The grounds were very pleasant and there were plenty of sun beds but you still had the early morning “towel brigade” protecting their same spot place in the sun (get a life).
Rooms were clean and a little dated but we did not spend much time in the room.
Not so good
The food at best was average but you could get something to eat.
One area near the spar did have a sewerage smell but if you avoided this area there were no problems.
The pool sun beds need updating as these were plastic and uncomfortable (not what you come to expect from a 5 star).
On the whole we had a great holiday and if we return we would only book B&B in the future. Those we met on AI packages never left the hotel and missed a lot that the area could offer. The Greeks seem to be pricing themselves out of the holiday market and we found prices in the shops more expensive than Spain.

Room Tip: Very few rooms have a sea view - if you want one of these contact the hotel direct and pay the extra...
2  Thank Jack K
Reviewed September 27, 2012

apart from the food, which was average, this hotel is very, very good. the staff are top class and the logistics brilliant. Rhodes is a lovely island and the weather perfect. Lots of Russians who smoke non stop. We stayed for 2 weeks from 12 to 27 September.

BUT DO NOT TRAVEL BY MONARCH!! THEIR PLANES ARE ONLY FOR MIDGETS AND BY FAR THE WORST I HAVE EVER BEEN IN OVER 60 YEARS OF TRAVELLING ROUND THE WORLD.

I REPEAT, DO NOT USE MONARCH - EVEN THE CAPTAIN WAS EMBARRASSED BY THE LACK OF LEG ROOM.

Bernard Cowley

Room Tip: room 603 is fabulous
1  Thank bernard c
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here from 29th August for 1 week all inclusive as our honeymoon. Our first week had been spent in Lindos where we were self catering at Three Brothers Studios and we got married at St Pauls Bay on 27th August.

From the moment we checked in the staff were excellent, with the bell boy serving us a cold drink as we checked in. It is things like that which make it more special.

We had paid more for a sea view room but in hindsight I wouldn't have bothered as although you can see the sea, it is more of a half land/half sea view. The rooms are fine, cleaned daily I think and my favourite special touch was that the maids return to your room after you have gone out on an evening & put a sweet on your pillow. The rooms are spacious enough & very clean. It was my husband's birthday while we were there & the maids must have tipped the restaurant off as they had fresh flowers on the table & then sang "Happy Birthday" when they brought out a cake with sparkler. Much to his embarrassment!

The food was lovely at every mealtime. Choice at each meal was extensive...

Breakfast choices were full english, continental, cereals, pastries, salads etc

Lunch was salads, greek dips, soup, breads, cheeses, and a large choice of hot dishes.

Evening meal was pretty much the same choices as lunchtime plus a choice of 3 main dishes which you could order and they would bring to the table.

The desserts were lovely with a choice of fruit, ice cream, cakes and delicious greek pastry based delights like Baklava etc. Lush!

In the main restaurant you sit wherever you want apart from on an evening you are given the same table for the week. We had a lovely waitress, Grammatiki who couldn't do enough for you. The staff even noticed when we didn't eat there for 2 nights in a row (this was because we met family in Lindos, not because of any problem with the hotel).

We ate at the a la carte restaurant one afternoon and we would highly recommend the Pastitsio & Fillet Steak.

The drinks are great, the choices perfect. Around 40 cocktails to choose from for me and bottled Mythos for the husband which was perfect as he prefers bottles to draught.

There's not much around the hotel so be prepared to pay for taxis if you want to visit Lindos. My brother hired a car and took us to Rhodes Town, which is well worth a visit!

We were given a complimentary 'Californian Massage' which I enjoyed but my husband thought it was a bit tame. The spa area is lovely but we didn't stay in there long as we didn't want to miss too much sunshine!

Only criticism is that we were in room 625 & it was very near the staff rooms so was noisy from early on a morning.

All in all a great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A really lovely time had at the Atrium Palace. It was the first time I'd done this kind of package/beach holiday by myself, but I'm so pleased I read reviews here first and picked this hotel - it was EXACTLY what I was after!! Would recommend to most, but probably not to people with young kids (don't think the beach was very child-friendly - pebbly beach and deep sea. In fact if you don't like being out of your depth in the water, you won't like swimming on the beach. Almost as soon as you are in, you are out of your depth. I LOVED it for this reason. Beautiful clear water and perfect for swimming). The hotel (though a bit dated decor-wise, but didn't matter), was beautiful. Lovely pools, great views and really friendly and smiley staff (which made up for the majority of the non-smiling Russian guests). I stayed on B&B basis and was really pleased I did. Both Konstantin and Milos restaurants rights outside the hotel are fabulous. Milos is also a nice place to go and relax outside for a drink after dinner. I would request a room away from the main pool and bar if you don't want to be disturbed by the loud evening entertainment. That was my only negative comment - the evening entertainment was pretty awful (and far too loud). So would advise leaving in the eves and taking a stroll outside to find a drink/relax. Also a very handy supermarket right outside the restaurant, which sells everything you could possibly need. And my favourite bit - the snack bar/cafe on the beach. Loved it. Very relaxed atmosphere (just looked like a wooden hut). The perfect place to escape the heat for an hour each lunchtime/afternoon and they sell every make of Magnum under the sun. And a lovely place for that first beer of the evening. Just a pity it only stays open until 7:30pm. I loved it here. Thanks to all for making my stay so enjoyable and I'll be back....! Early/Mid-September was also the perfect time to go. Weather was just right.

Room Tip: I didn't have the smartest room (apparently they vary in size/quality) but after I realized quit...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank eleanorlovestotravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
#2 of 30 in Lindos
Sheraton Rhodes Resort
Sheraton Rhodes Resort
#14 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!