“Cant recommend enough...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lindos
Philipos Studios and Apartment
Ranked #8 of 10 Lindos B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed here for our wedding holiday in 2010, we booked out the two bottom apartments, one middle apartment and the top apartment, and i have to say we absolutely loved it, the bottom apartments being dark were very cool in the hot weather, we were close by the beach and were within easy walk to the pubs and restaurants, absolutely lovely place and brilliant holiday.... And Lindos i have to say is the best place to get married

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dee N

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 wks at begining of October in the top floor two bed apartment.View and location perfect for village life.Now for the cleaning. One of the previous reveiwers has it spot in.Just about acceptable!Just.I can well understand how to some people it would be inadequate.
We saw the bottom apartments.Avoid them like the plague.Dark and dingy..I did find the road noise disturbed our sleep on some nights but we did get used to it.would I stay again? If it was a cheap enough deal.You get what you pay for.I have also stayed in Lindos View, Lindos Horizon, Lindos Memories ,Lambis, Lindos Gardens, Aquagrand, and a few of the hotels in Pefkos and Kolymbia if any one wants any more info!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank loumella
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Arrived back today from Philipos apartments.Im afraid I must agree with the majority of reviews that the downstairs studios need a real good deep clean. As we arrived,we went through a gate into a courtyard which a lot of properties have then into the studio itself. My first impression was dismal,dingy,grubby.The beds weren't made up only the bottom sheets were on as is the case in some Greek places,but the sheets were very grubby grey looking as we're the towels.I took the pillows down from the top of the wardrobe which where badly stained ,I ended up wrapping towels around them ,the lesser of two evils I thought.The blankets which I found you needed at night were just as bad all stained with a seasons worth of mishaps on them. I know it was the last week of the season but there is no excuse for rank dirtiness.I do not expect luxury but I DO expect a certain level of clean ! I must say Im surprised Thomas Cook continues to use them. I read on the notice board that these studios are also going to be available independently ,so be aware of what you are going into,and Phillipos if you are reading this it is time to get your act together. A cleaner came daily but I like to do my own housekeeping anyway so didn't use her so can't comment on her daily activities,but the studio was not up to scratch when I went in there.
The area is ideal in the bay and the village, but nobody warned me about all the stairs and climbing you have to do around Lindos it is all up and down stairs or hills so not suitable for people with mobility problems.We took a taxi to the next town of Pefkos which was more on the level.
There were loads of cats all over the place and a lot of people seemed to buy bags of dried food to feed them ,that's ok if that's what they want to do but I do draw the line at them being allowed to roam freely in restaurants waiting to pounce as it were whilst you are eating. Being in an apartment I missed not having a pool to sit around and not really seeing anyone because you are in the courtyard you are just looking at walls like being in a backyard with no view if you were on the ground floor I believe upstairs would be better.So overall the area is great but I found myself not wanting to return to this dismal cell every evening and would not return.

Room Tip: If you must stay here,go for the one or two bed apartments upstairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank troggyBirmingham
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Well im 2weeks back frm my holidays in Lindos (sept 18th - oct 2nd) staying at the Phillipos studios.....we had the top accommodation with the two rooms and private balcony,

Lindos was stunning as it always is....beautiful...breath taking and i know i will never grow tired of going to this wonderful little village!!

Now to the accommodation Phillipos..... it was a really good size, good size bedrooms and each had its own bathroom room (1with shower and bath - the other with shower only) It had a good size kitchen with the basics for self catering but i have to say we didnt cook in there once - we ate out every night the most we did was make a cheese/tomato cob and that was it. The kitchen had a microwave that we never used and also there was 2fridges - 1 didnt work well at all - only kept things slightly chilled. The other fridge though looked knackered and rusty, it worked perfectly - so this was the fridge we used only.

The rooms were tired looking and now are in need of a paint brush and tidy up (i stayed here once before about 8yrs ago and the place was in spanking condition then) but having said that it didnt really bother any of us at all - after all we just wanted a decent "enough" room to sleep in and thats what we got.

We had clean sheets and towels every 3rd day and the cleaner gave it a flick over - the toilet bin was emptied most days. Was the place clean (as so many people have asked before) well honestly not really but it wasnt that bad it made me go and buy cleaning products (except bleach which we poured down the drains in the bathrooms and the kitchen sink (when we arrived the smell of sewage was rank) but the bleach soon sorted that!! So again not a problem :-)

We didnt use the air con whilst there because we just kept the bedroom windows open at night and luckily enough for us the nights in lindos was now cooler so we got away with out forking out 50e a week for EACH room (so it would of cost us 200e for the fortnight - alot of dosh extra to budget for )

Now to the noise of the traffic and the dog that so many have mentioned....for me and my other half it didnt bother us to much as we had the back bedroom but yes we could hear both but for my father/mother inlaw the dog yapping every night and the traffic more or less on the go all night was another matter - drove them mad for a fw days (back home like most of they have double glazing so you dont hear anything) they got used to it and could more or less ignore it!!

We met the cleaning lady a few times - she was lovely and we do acknowledge the fact that she had alot of rooms to clean elsewhere and im guessing she isnt that well paid.

The thomas cook rep Stacey was very good ....was very helpful when we arrived there one of the rooms didnt have any sheets or pillows - that was sorted the very next day .

We paid 30e to keep both rooms on (we was meant to be out of our rooms by middday but wasnt being picked up till 5.30pm) and paid 2.50e to the luggage man (which we left on the kitchen table for the cleaning lady to collect) for each case to picked up later .

So all in all very happy with our accommodation - for the price we paid £420 each for 2wks in Lindos it was a bargain. Iv added some pics so you can see for yourselves :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Philipos studios have very comfy beds if you want extra pillows just ask the cleaner who came 6 days a week. The studios were cleaned every day except Sunday. Fresh bedding and towels changed twice a week. We stayed in room 1, we had a shared courtyard which was fine. If you want a room with a balcony ask for room 3, but it is for 3 people so you may have to pay extra. Well worth it for the views over St Paul's bay. I will agree that the motorbikes passing at all hours did not suit me but by the second week it didn't seem so bad. Great location for bars and restaurants . The cleaner was very friendly you can ask her for key to safety deposit box. 20 euros for 2 weeks. Every time we returned the cleaner had washed the floor, made the beds and emptied the bins. We were satisfied with her cleaning. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 1 & 2 are fine no steps to climb. No. 3 lovely views with balcony, no 4 guests not happy b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PamelaNeath
Reviewed October 12, 2012

opposite Town hall at St Pauls' bay end of town. In a residential area. Four studios downstairs,a one bed apartment on 1st floor and a two bed apartment on 2nd floor(which we stayed in) Very noisy location, a dog opposite barks all night. Cars and motorbikes drive up and down the road all night-which is supposed to be a no access road-but since my last visit some years ago the barrier to stop traffic has gone although the no entry sign remains. Loads of cats around too.
Beds are firm but ok. Kitchen ok-bare minimum of crocks etc. On arrival only 1 set of towels for 3, had to request more via rep. which arrived 2 days later! The apartment could with a good clean. Air con payable locally and expensive at 50 euros a week.
Remember if you stay here you have paid to stay in a 1 or at best 2 key apartment and should expect it to be basic!

Room Tip: i would go for the 1 or bed apartment-these have a big balcony overlooking St Pauls bay and the Acro...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gregorpare
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here last year and due to the location decided to revisit and rented the top floor, location great for access to St Paul's Bay and village. This is very tired accomodation with aged fixtures and fittings. Although the cleaner visits frequently the standard of the cleaning is awful, it seems no cleaning products are used and the dust is moved not removed. There was blood on the stairs and hair in corners and sinks, light bulbs failed and were not replaced. Booked with Thomas Cook, I hope they drop them for the future as these apartments/studios are a very poor reflection of standards.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family