“You gets what you pay for.”
Review of Sun Studios

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lindos
Sun Studios
Ranked #41 of 54 Specialty Lodging in Lindos
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just returned from a stay at the Lindos sun studios.

Been to Lindos numerous times, so know what to expect....wasnt disappointed, nor was I unduly surprised!

Having met the owner, she did mention that there was some bad reviews on here, which she wasnt very happy about - especially the ones regarding room 5.

I was in room 3. It was perfectly adequate if a bit dated and a small bathroom. But what do you expect. Its not a 5 star hotel?, nor is it made out to be. Its perfectly functional - seemed clean enough and there were always plenty of clean towels and bedding.

The owner - Helen, visited one evening and was more than happy to show myself and another guest to room 5. - Nobody was in the room but it looked perfectly ok and clean.

I had a broken light in the bathroom (it popped one night) and was fixed straight away, so the service from the owner was first class.
The courtyard is great for getting to know your neighbours, although Im pretty sure they didnt appreciate my snoring!

The rep- (Sam) on the other hand was a complete and utter waste of time. He has a nasty habit of dumping guests at Lindos reception (dont buy a single thing here......Its a complete rip off!!) and telling them to find their own way to their apartment, or wait an hour or so until he comes back from Pefkos. That was the one and only time I saw the guy apart from the last day when he deliberately appeared before his allocated time to post up flight details, then left after 2 mins after being caught out.

A scruffy, sweaty little effeminate creature with zero inter personal skills, and the distinct impression that paying customers were the bain of his life. Olympic.....Take note. this guy is not doing you ANY favours!!

Overall. Sun studios does what it says on the tin...... The cats outside are a pain, but then this is Lindos! would I stay again? Yes, more than likely. Its very convenient, but badly in need of a decent rep!

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 are all off a nice courtyard. Room 5 is more private if thats what you are looking fo, and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank inneedofanotherholid

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Sun Studios are located a minute away from the Rainbird cafe and in the other direction a minute away from the little 24 hour shop where the vending machines are. Perfect location for main or Pallas beach & for the main village. There are 5 rooms, rooms 1-4 sharing a small courtyard, and room 5 outside on its own with the front door leading out to the public pathway.

We stayed in Room 2 and 3 last June and Room 5 this May. The rooms vary in size but are all adequate for 2 people. Would be small for 3 although some are sold for 2/3 people. Air Con costs 60 euros per week plus a 50 euro deposit which they return when you return the remote at the end. You pay at the small supermarket at the top of the path. The kitchenettes have the usual 2 hobs, sink and adequate size fridge for a 2 week holiday. 'Cleaner' comes 6 times a week to move the dirt around the floor a bit with her mop & she changes the sheets twice a week and the towels once a week. You get 1 bath and 1 hand towel per person.

I'll start with Room 2 and 3. Decent rooms for 2 people, room 2 a little bigger than 3 & the Air Con doesn't work as well in room 3. Both doors open into the small courtyard and have a window each also opening into the courtyard. I'd stay in both of these rooms again however we had to give the entire rooms a deep clean when we arrived after complaining to Olympic about the state the rooms had been left in but the cleaner wasn't around until the next morning, for all the good she did. It took us over 1 hour with 3 people to get the rooms into a decent state before we were prepared to sleep or shower in these rooms. I'll talk about the cleaning issue later.

Room 5 is smaller (although meant for 3 people) and opens out into the pathway although you can still go around and use the courtyard. 2 mattresses on a lindian bed (Non-moveable raised wooden platform which the mattresses sit on top) and 1 separate normal single bed. When entering this room in May this year, we immediately had to walk back out after being hit with the stench of mould and damp. It was visible in the air, and had an immediate effect on the throat and chest. The room was totally filthy, and there were still unbroken spider webs all over the room so it was clear the ‘cleaner’ (nor any Olympic Reps) had not been in there for some considerable time.
Every surface from the Fridge, to the Sink, to the shower, to the floor, bed, walls etc. was caked in dirt, (not just dust – Dirt)
There was skin, hair and who knows what else in the shower.
There were no towels, and the hot water didn’t work.
We both spent an hour and a half scrubbing the disgusting room with sponges and bleach, sweeping, mopping and cleaning the bathroom. We left the door and window open to air the room out in the hope that the mould and damp was just there due to the room not being aired out.
We were wrong.
The wood of the Lindian bed had green, black and white mould all around it where it was attached to the damp walls and the wood was wet to touch.
When lying on the mattresses the smell of mould was even more unbearable, and then we realised that the mattresses we were lying on were both damp too!
We lifted them up and felt the wood under the mattresses – Damp. This had soaked through the mattresses.
The two of us had to squeeze onto the spare single bed (not a Lindian bed) and sleep there, still suffering the mould in the air all night.
We complained the next day to the Olympic rep who immediately felt the mould on her chest when she walked in, and moved us to Afroditi studios. (You can see my review of those too. Unfortunately they have the same cleaner as Sun Studios!)

Olympic still allowed people to use Room 5 throughout that summer & if you read through reviews you'll find others complaining of the damp, but Olympic have of course done nothing to rectify it so please, if you book Sun Studios, beg Olympic not to put you in Room 5!

The cleaner (however nice she is) is absolutely useless and I cannot stress enough that all it would take to make these apartments perfect is to replace the cleaner (or give her some training) and fix the mould/damp issue in Room 5.

All rooms are suffering from severe neglect by the cleaner (see photos which I took upon arrival to the rooms).

These are in a perfect location and it's such a shame that Olympic just will not listen to the numerous complaints about lack of cleanliness. This is down to just 1 lady who cleans the olympic apartments in Lindos - One simple replacement of staff or a bit of training could mean Olympic apartments would receive the best reviews in Lindos.

I've lived, worked and holidayed in Lindos for the last 12 years so believe me I can deal with 'Basic' - This is not about 'Basic' it's about dirt, filth and total lack of cleanliness and maintenance on behalf of the people who take care of the village apartments on behalf of Olympic.

Lindos is fantastic though - Go to Panos on the main beach for breakfast, Giorgos in the middle of the village for lunch, Dionysos (near Giorgos) for dinner, PALS for drinks and fun, and Arches for clubbing until the sun comes up!

Room Tip: Avoid Room 5 at all costs. Rooms 1 to 4 are good and Room 4 is apparently the best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

having just returned from two wonderful weeks in lindos, i just had to mention the sun studios where we stayed. I booked these studios as probably other people have done after reading other peoples reviews and on the whole have found them to be quite truthful reviews, having arrived at the main reception at 16,00 hours on an extremely hot day we were left hanging around as sam the rep was dealing with another holidaymaker who was having problems, we then decided to make our own way to the sun studios were as we had a good idea where it was, and we were told the key was in the door. On arrival we walked into a scorching courtyard to find no key and so sat sweltering for over 30 mins in the lindos heat. on the positive side we were in studio 4 which by all accounts is the best, we were not dissapointed, the room is large and airy having two windows that let the breeze in and also a window in the shower, on the negative side the room was dirty and when i opened the wardrobe door there was a pile of rubbish and a dirty towel dumped on the shelf ( what a nice welcome ) we stayed for two weeks and we never saw the cleaner or the owner once in all that time, also i think the local teens were using the steps outside the studio window as a meeting area, as every night from 23.00 til around 01.00 there was a crowd gathered, dont want to sound negative as we always say its just somewhere to put your head down and have a shower and by no means did it spoil our wonderful time in one of the nicest resorts i have ever been on holiday, the studios are set in an excellent position for the beaches and the nightlife and also the lovely rainbird bar just a few metres away. so if your not really bothered about all the home comforts and mod cons this would be a good place to stay.

Room Tip: if at all possible try and get room 4 or room 1
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at the Sun Studios the first two wks of july in rm2 which i would guess is the hottest rm in the courtyard! Its sun facing & gets the sun first thing in the morning & all day, i closed the wooden shutters every morning to try to prevent the rm from becoming so hot but this made no difference at all. I dont usually bother with the air-con unless its free in with the cost of the holiday but after one wk of suffering i had to admit i was beaten & trotted along to the supermarket with my 60e! So i had the air-con for the second wk which brought some welcome relief when i came back from the beach but i had to switch it off to go to bed because it was too cold & i couldnt sleep!
The rm itself was great- a spacious studio with twin beds, two ring hobs, fridge & kettle, everything worked fine- kettle, fridge, hobs & shower & the location of the studios was spot on- a short walk down a slope to the beach & a stones throw from the centre of lindos where all the bars & tavernas are.
Because my rm was in the courtyard shared with three other rms & i travelled alone i met some lovely people in the two wks, particulaly my neighbours in rm1, Denise & Dave, a lovely couple who are getting married in lindos nxt yr, thats what i liked about being in the courtyard- you could meet & mingle quite easily & sit & chill & have a chat after coming off the beach.
If youre the type of person that likes your privacy & are not bothered about mingling then rm5 would be better for you as this rm opens onto the pathway that leads down to the beach instead of being in the courtyard & the people in rm5 still have full use of the courtyard if they wish as there are five sets of table & chairs in there.
In the middle of the holiday the owner popped round to introduce herself & ask if everything was alright with the rms of which everything was & a few days later she called again & brought us all a bottle of wine which was a nice gesture.
I had a great holiday & since returning home ive looked to book these studios again for nxt yr but theyre not available to book with olympic at the moment so i will keep checking,
Thankyou Helen at the Sun Studios

Room Tip: Rm1 is the only rm with a bath & has three beds, rm5 sleeps up to three people
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Donna F
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Firstly we must say that the location of Sun Studios is excellent, being only a minute or two from the main beach and only a couple of minutes from the centre of the village. It's also very quiet as it's not on one of the main paths/street through Lindos. The village as a place to stay is excellent, the beach and bay is a great place to swim/relax and there are a huge amount of loely resteraunts to visit on a night time, most with roof terraces over looking the village and the bay. A perfect setting!

The appartments themselves are very adequate. Quite small but certainly enough room for two people. We've now stayed in rooms 1, 3 and 4. Room 4 is certainyl the best as it is the largest and lightest of the 3 rooms we've used. Rooms 2 and 3 would be on the slightly small side. Facilites are basic - small cooker/kitchen area, fridge, very small bathroom/shower room.

Biggest gripes would be cleanliness and also the air conditioning charge. Rooms could certainly be cleaner (a more thorough clean beween changeovers is required) and the air conditioning is expensive for two beeks but essential if you're not used to the heat of the Greek summer.

We've now stayed at the appartments three times primarily for the location so we'd say go ahead and book on that basis alone but just be prewarned that facilities are a bit basic and could do with updating in the very near future.

Also, as mentioned if other reviews, room 5 does not face the interior courtyard so occupants may feel a little inconvenienced by this.

Room Tip: Room 4 easily the best, followed by room 1. 2 and 3 on the small side. Big thumbs down for room 5 as...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JonP_731
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Please be warned this is a very long review! :)

Having recently returned from a holiday to Lindos I have a lot of good things to say about it. It is such a beautiful place to stay and has tonnes to offer any type of holidaymaker. It is a small village with plenty of restaurants, bars/ tavernas, quint souvenir shops," supermarkets" well the Greek equivalent. They offer everything you could need at a reasonable price, however some items are a bit pricey, mainly the imported brands that you would find in England but that is to be expected. There are three beaches close by, the main beach, which I personally preferred, Pallas beach which is a 5 min walk from the main one. Then there is Saint Paul Bay, which is located in a quieter part of the village and is more closed off and less busy than the main. It is good if you like your privacy. The locals are wonderful, they are very friendly and helpful. Many of the shop keepers enjoy a good chat, I stood talking to one lady for over an hour!!!

The main attraction that brings tourists from the neighboring towns is the Acropolis. It is really worth a visit and only cost 6E to visit. When I visited the opening hours were 9am to 2.30pm so make sure you get there early as on my way out there was quiet a long queue. Also it can get very hot up there so come prepared with plenty of water, a hat, something to cover up with and sensible footwear.

On another note if you fancied visiting the other towns the local bus service is fantastic. Our rep strongly discouraged tourists from using it, he said that it didn't run on time and was over crowded. When I visited Rhodes Town I used the local bus and it was a breeze. I got a seat and everyone that got on at the other stops did so too. I think once I saw someone standing. However I did avoid the peak times, so would recommend others to try to get the first or second bus of the day and when returning aim for 4pm or 5pm, it shouldn't be too busy then.

So that is a brief overview of what Lindos has to offer and I wanted to start of the review with something positive as to not discourage others from visiting such a wonderful place. I and my partner stayed in Sun Studios and went through Olympic. To sum it up I would say it was not worth the money we paid and is far from basic as other have described. I read quite a few reviews and did my research before booking. I did read the odd negative review but put it down to them being fussy and expecting too much.

When we arrived at Lindos reception (the drop off point from our transfer) we was greeted by our rep Sam. We was asked to take a seat and could buy a drink at the bar while he organized getting people to their apartments. He handed us an envelop that contained our key and an invitation to the welcome get together the next day. It was then we realized we was in room 5, which we heard was not the best and we was hoping to be in the courtyard but we was just eager to get in our apartment and sleep. I do have to praise them on the swift service to and from the airport. We was kept informed and felt very safe. We handed our luggage over to a man who delivered it to our apartment , which was great because we didn't have to drag it through the streets of Lindos. Sam then took a couple to their apartment and came back for us and a few others about 10 minutes later. When we got to our apartment Sam reminded us about the get together the next day and left us to relax and sleep.

I really have to agree with the review from Lynne W. We chose to stay at sun studios based on the reviews and all I have to say is that some people must be easily pleased, either that or they definitely did not stay in room 5. I saw the other apartments and would have been happy to stay in them and I am sure many of the reviews are from people who did.

The apartment was very dirty when we arrived and I mean there was sand, hair and dirt on the floor. The room has 3 beds, two are lindian beds (two mattresses on a wooden base) and a single wooden bed to the side with a small bedside cabinet in between. Above the single there are three wooden kitchen cabinets and opposite this there is a kitchen area (two ring cooker, sink, cupboard and refrigerator) and beside this there is a table and two chairs. There is also a cupboard for your clothing in the corner. The pictures will give a better idea of this. The bathroom comprises of a stand-up shower with a curtain, toilet, hand basin and a cabinet with a mirror on the wall.

The Lindian beds were very comfortable but the grooves in the wooden base and the base itself had collected sand, dust and dirt and had obviously not been cleaned. Also there were rusted nails hanging out of it, which I caught my ankle on when getting into bed one night.

The refrigerator didn't really keep anything cool unless you placed it in the freezer box at the top. We didn't bother buying anything to keep in here apart from water so was not too fussed. The cooker we never used so can't comment on it. There were plenty of utensils and pots to cook with if you did intend to. There is also a kettle which we took full advantage of ;) As room 5 is definitely the coolest making a hot cup of tea in the morning was possible. We didn't bother buying air conditioning as it was pricey 63E 1st week and around 50E for the second, a fan did a great job at keeping us reasonably cool (30E for two weeks and 20E deposit).

Also the next day when we went to have a look at the courtyard we found a spare of our room's key left on the table. This was very concerning as if we had not noticed this, the key could have easily fallen into the wrong hands. Although the courtyard is private it can be accessed by anyone as a key is not needed to enter the main door. When we spoke to the lady in the Olympic office she seemed shocked and could not explain how it got there. When we suggested it may be the maids she agreed.

To sum up the room I would say it was not well kept as Olympic describe it on their website and the photographs do not reflect the courtyard at all. The maid did a terrible job at cleaning the room, leaving hair and dirt on the floor. She would clean the bathroom by using the shower head to rinse the entire bathroom, wetting the floor and not drying it. You would think, hey, it will dry in the heat, and yes eventually it did but the room would become very humid and sweaty.

The bathroom was grubby, mould on the walls, ceiling, shower curtain and around the base of the shower. The shower drain was also blocked so when having a shower the water would form a pool in the base. I did attempt to clear the HAIR that was blocking the drain but to no avail. The bathroom cabinet was rusted and the hinges were broken on some of the doors. Also during our last few days when we took a shower we started to receive small electric shocks when touching the shower head and taps!!!!!! When we went to complain our rep was nowhere to be found. We couldn't find the owner either. Unlike other reviews who mention they spoke to her often throughout their stay, we saw her once.

Overall the apartment, maid service and our rep was a massive let down and not to the standard we expected. We did pay a reasonable amount However Lindos is such a lovely place that we did enjoy our holiday and have lots of great memories but just please be warned if you book these studios you do not want room 5 and I would recommend booking with another company.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElizabethVP
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Have stayed in Lindos many times and these studios were far from the best. We had studio 3 which is far to small and cramped and had a claustrophobic feeling which is the last thing you need in that heat! even the air conditioning which is very expensive at 63 euros per week didn't help as it wasn't very efficient in our room. Talking to other guests it would seem that room 4 is the best room followed by 1 & 2...room 5 is a big NO NO!!! Wont be using these apartments again as there are far better options such as Tota and Avra. Lindos remains beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple