“A strange night out”

Ranked #52 of 89 Restaurants in Lindos
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visited Agostinos on 5 June based mainly on the glowing Trip Advisor reviews of the restaurant and the Kleftiko Lamb, in particular.

Possibly we landed on a bad night because the food wasn't too good at all; Greek salad was a large dish of mostly tomatoes and past their best too. The seafood salad was OK but the lettuce bed was definitely past its prime - wilted and brown. The Keftiko Lamb was very nice and flavoursome, although the melted cheese topping was a novel twist.

The view from the restaurant wasn't great, the cats noted by other reviewers were still there (but quite well-behaved, it must be said - good table manners and all) but the strangest thing was the waiter's approach to serving the wine ...

On the first page of the menu book, there was a bottle of wine that we had tried in our hotel and found quite pleasant and so asked the Agostinos waiter for a bottle. His response was that if I were to choose that bottle anywhere else it would cost 50 Euro (which was strange because the same bottle I had at the hotel was 19 Euro) and then proceeded to point out another bottle of wine at 30 Euro; presumably I was now supposed to think he had just saved me 20 Euro! He then had a flash of memory and declared that (due to a big party the previous day) he had run out of all red wine except a French Cab Sav; which is what we finished up with and which was rubbish. I can't help but think he was clearing their cellar of the stuff that nobody else wanted.

We had visited Maria's Kitchen in town for lunch that day and wished we had gone back there.

Next time we're in Lindos, Agostinos will be way down the list (not 9th) for us - we really couldn't recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for Agostinos Restaurant

Reviewed June 7, 2013

we liked the place and the staff were nice. Both Albanian strangely enough. the food was Ok but nothing too special. It's the most furthest out towards St. Pauls bay so quite quiet in comparison. i'd guess a nice place to go when its high season.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

It is a bit out of the way, but well worth the effort. I went with my wife to try them out based on the reviews.Presentation was perfect. The lamb (kleftiko) was melting in my mouth! Utterly impressed! Overall, definitely a nice place to visit as you get great view, service and food for a fair price.Can't wait to go back next year!!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Went there tonight,the place we were going to was not open so we called in as it was on the way back.
There were six scabby cats patrolling around your legs. That did not bother me that much, it is Greece after all, My sons pasta was stone cold the wife's seafood pasta had a strong metallic taste. My pork with dates was sort of passable. To be fair the waitress who was very nice apologised and said the chef had been sick and had to go home. At the end of the day that's all well and good but it wasn't that cheap. This has been the only not so good eating experience we have had so far in Lindos.

2  Thank FamilyPie
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch in this restaurant and got very good service and food. The Greek food was very tasty and high quality. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

1  Thank brainsurgery