“Excellent!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oudenaarde, Belgium
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just back from one week stay at Lindos Blu.
Although we have travelled a lot, spent a lot of time in 5 stars hotels and in Relais et Chateaux luxery resorts, Lindos Blu we consider as outstanding.
Staff: amazing, friendly, helpfull. Rooms: classy, clean and stonishing views. Restaurants: best breakfast we ever had - ask for whatever you want and they prepare it , Dinners, though entrance in buffet, always varied - we never ate the same during our 7 days stay, wines excellent (check out the Alpha estate - best winnery in 2013), desserts superb....
View over the bay: awesome.
Etc.......
Tip: order boat trip at reception desk. Though early in the season, they arranged it for us. Especially for us!
Another tip: ask for your personal cocktail. The bar tenderer makes something special , based upon your taste. Apparantly he has won some awards already for his cocktails.

We can continue for ages talking about this classy hotel but best is you experience it yourself.
Our challenge is to find something as good as Lindos Blu for our nex tholidays. Will be hard.....

Bart and Sandra

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bart_elan
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Sandra and Bart,

It is always a pleasure to read such very kind comments and I am happy that you enjoyed your recent visit to us.

Thank you for your feedback relating to our hotel rooms. I was pleased that you found the decoration, cleanliness and hotel facilities were to your preference and your kind comments regarding our staff are most welcome. I was very delighted that they were able to display their professionalism and helpfulness during your stay.

Thank you also for highlighting our Smeraldo restaurant buffet and the personalized cocktail order at Luna Rossa. It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed the good taste, as well as our variety of food we provided there.

Thank you very much for selecting Lindos Blu for your stay in Rhodes. It is our aim to provide memorable holidays for all our guests, through the care and attention shown by all our staff .

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards,

Thanasis Tougounzoglou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Lindos Blu for our honeymoon in August 2013. It surpassed our high expectations and made for a fantastic and memorable honeymoon.

We arrived in the early hours of Sunday morning and were greeted with some lovely snacks and fizz in our room and it just kept getting better.

The food was fantastic. The only drawback was that I was a greedy guts and put on 10lbs in 10 days due to the amazing breakfasts, simply huge room service sandwiches (1 between 2 is plenty!) and vast evening meals. It is no exaggeration that the choice of food in the evening is superb with buffet style starter and main, an a la carte main as well plus buffet desserts. Whilst the Luna Rosa bar may not be the liveliest venue the cocktails are simply sublime and I can still imagine the taste of the awesome Cyndonia cocktail. We ate in the special a la carte restaurant one night and whilst the food was of a very high standard we did prefer the main restaurant as it had more choice and atmosphere (and not as windy).

The staff are one of Lindos Blu's best assets. All are friendly, professional and can't do enough to help you. I can't remember all their names but special thanks to Michael and Nico who were always friendly and helpful.

The shared pool room we had was fantastic and spotlessly clean. We also enjoyed a range of special gifts such as red wine, sparkling rose and fruit throughout our stay. We also had a free massage.

With 2 days to go, we had a message to contact reception and to our amazement we found that we had been upgraded to Thetida a huge self contained maisonette with its own private pool and gym spread over 2 floors. It was simply heaven. An incredible end to an amazing holiday experience.

We wanted luxury and relaxation and we certainly found it at the Lindos Blu. We are very tempted to return as it is a place so full of incredible memories.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ryuvsken
Dear Ryuvsken,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent visit to our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to read such very kind comments and I am delighted that you had a very enjoyable experience in our hotel. Your kind comments regarding our Food and Beverage outlets are much appreciated. I was so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet at Smeraldo and the cocktails at Luna Rossa Bar.

Thank you for your compliments regarding our shared pool rooms and of course our Private Pool Villas, I was delighted that our room facilities had met your expectations.

Our hotel team as well as our food and beverage selections are elements of our hotel that we are extremely proud of and it is always such a pleasure to read our guests’ positive comments.

We continually aim to deliver high standards of Greek hospitality to delight our guests and I am very pleased that you experienced this from our staff. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Very romantic hotel with a good view, on the hills looking at a very nice bay. It has its own beach area on the bay; however, finding a nice place on the beach may be difficult due to early waking up elder couples' reserving the beach beds with their towels. Hotel staff is very nice, especially the reservation desk and the dining hall personnel is high class. SPA is below my expectations, not as good as SPAs of the same class hotels. Wind can blow in the massage rooms making the room cooler and SPA front desk staff is not as helpful as she needs to be.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindos_Blu_Hotel, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear iks2011,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay here at Lindos Blu.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and my colleagues could enhance your holiday. It is rewarding and motivating to receive such feedback concerning the hotel staff.

Lindos Blu management as part of the improvements for season 2014 will allocate additional personnel for the service of our customers at the beach and some beach parts will be improved as well.

Regarding your comments for our Spa personnel, we apologies for any inconvenience that we may have cause to you during your holidays. We have already discussed your comment with our Spa Director in order to maintain our customer service level in all the departments.

Once again thank you for your exceptional comments concerning the location and our hotel personnel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Lindos blu for a week July 2013, it was an absolutely fantastic hotel, with great facilities. The staff were brilliant so kind and welcoming and always so helpful. The food was delicious, we got a complimentary bottle of fizz on arrival, and every day treats were left in our room, chocolates, iced tea etc. I wouldn't hesitate booking here- we loved it .

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GeorgieEarle
Dear GeorgieEarle

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

We were so pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel and that we have met your expectations.

The restaurant food and the hotel design are elements of our hotel that we are extremely proud of, and it is always such a pleasure to read our guests’ positive feedback regarding these.

Your kind comments regarding our staff are most welcome; they do work so hard to ensure all guests are as comfortable as possible during their time with us.

Thank you for selecting Lindos Blu for your stay in Rhodes. We do very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Floral Park, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2014

If I could give Lindos Blu 10 stars, I absolutely would. I’m warning you now, this is going to be a LONG review because this hotel and its wonderful staff more than deserve it.

My husband and I stayed here last September for our honeymoon and it was the best wedding planning decision we made. Car service was waiting at the Rhodes airport to take us promptly to the hotel, where we were greeted by Katerina (we loved her; she was outstanding every time we wandered to the front desk with a question), who was genuinely enthusiastic to welcome us and gave us some champagne and a moment to take in the hotel’s SPECTACULAR view before showing us to our room.

We had booked a villa with a private pool (deciding to splurge since it was our honeymoon), but because of our special occasion we were immediately upgraded to the maisonette, a two story room at the top of the hotel with a private pool, patio, gym, balcony, Jacuzzi, 2 bathrooms and parking space...it was the most luxurious room myself or my husband have ever set foot in. Our pool had the most breathtaking view of the beach and rocky cliff sides--if you’re debating whether or not to splurge on a villa with a private pool--do it!! It was far more amazing than I expected it to be. In addition, there were goodies like champagne, macarons, candied nuts and honey, fresh fruit, many different bottles of wine, chocolates, etc. delivered to our room daily, and we loved coming back to the room to those little surprises.

Every staff member we interacted with was happy to help and interested in how our day was going. Nothing was forced or fake about their pleasantries--you could tell that everyone was genuinely happy to be working there, and we both got the impression that everyone loved their jobs, which made us feel extremely comfortable. The housekeeping staff was always laughing and smiling and sweet to us, something neither of us have ever really experienced at another hotel.

Good food is one of my top priorities when I travel, and the food at Lindos Blu was one of my favorite things about this place. Everything I ordered here was delicious. The breakfast buffet was the best I have ever had with an amazing view (plus Anastasia, one of the regular breakfast waitresses, was a sweetheart), lunch on the main pool deck was perfect every time (order a hibiscus daiquiri!), and dinner changed every night to offer a variety of different succulent dishes. Half-board is so completely worth it. We literally ate every meal of every day at Lindos Blu. The one day we rented a car and explored all of Rhodes--we planned it so that we could still grab lunch and dinner at the hotel--it was THAT top notch. Seriously.

We also ate at their gourmet Five Senses restaurant and it was an experience all of its own. We didn’t think the usual dining room food could get much better, but Five Senses blew us away. At Five Sense, we were waited on by one of the most personable people at the hotel, Theo. He was super friendly and we must have taken up at least an extra 30 minutes of his time just chatting about music and our professions. We liked him so much, he and my husband exchanged email addresses!

The beach is a hike, it’s true; you need to take about 4, I think it was, elevators to get down there. But honestly, we were having such a great time neither of us really noticed the 5-10 minute walk. At least there are elevators instead of stairs. And the beach sand is a little coarse, but the sea is lovely. There were always chairs available when we went down, but we were slightly off-season in mid-September. The only thing I’d do differently next time is come just a week or so earlier, because some of the days were very windy which made it a little too chilly to swim.

One of the best parts about Lindos Blu was that they made sure we never forgot it was our honeymoon. We definitely felt like we were getting special treatment the whole time, and at some point, the wonderful maitre d’ (I wish I could remember his name because he was superb) stopped us in the breakfast hall and asked us if he could arrange a special “date” for us the following afternoon. We of course said yes and he kept coming up to us to excitedly remind us about it, which made US get more excited. Our “date” ended up being the maitre d’ bringing a mixologist (Nico) and two dessert chefs to our room to prepare on our patio a small complimentary feast. Nico mixed us personalized drinks based on our specific tastes that he noticed as we ordered things from the bar over the week, and the dessert chefs made us the most wonderful chocolate mousse with cookie crumbs and strawberries, as well as fresh fruit with ricotta and prosciutto...it was the best. And they were so excited to do it--they treated it like a performance.

Finally, the hotel staff proved at the end of their trip that they can accommodate for really terrible last minute changes in plans. Basically, at 1 AM the morning of our 10AM departing flight that would take us off of Rhodes, we found out that our flight had been cancelled--and no one from the airlines had bothered to tell us (thank goodness we tried to check in early online and figured it out!). The hotel had already offered to open breakfast a half an hour early for us so that we could eat before leaving to catch our 10AM flight, but the only other flight leaving Rhodes that day was at 6 AM, so obviously they couldn’t open breakfast early enough to accommodate for THAT.

What the hero at the front desk did do, however, was immediately find us a taxi (it was almost 2AM at this point) that would be willing to come and take us to the airport at 3AM, apologize profusely even though this of course had nothing to do with him or Lindos Blu, and then insist that the kitchen pack us a “to go” baggie so we wouldn’t be starving at the airport. Now, the kitchens were closed at 3AM, so we weren’t expecting much, but we appreciated it none-the-less. What the man at the front desk came out with was two huge shopping bags packed with plastic containers. When we opened them at the airport we found boxes of warm croissants, pastries, toast and deli meats, veggies, tons of fresh fruit, a carton of orange juice, 4 water bottles, plastic cups and utensils. It was so thoughtful and it really helped ease what was a pretty awful way to end such an amazing trip. I wish I could remember the man at the front desk who organized all of this for us, because he deserves a huge shout-out!

In conclusion, my husband and I will absolutely 110% save up to come back here, maybe in a few years to celebrate one of our anniversaries, since Lindos Blu was the reason our honeymoon was so spectacular. Absolutely stay here at some point in your life, if you have the opportunity.

A thousand thank yous to Lindos Blu and its incredible staff!! We can’t wait to see you again!

Room Tip: Splurge on a villa with a private pool if you can--the view of the sea and cliff sides from the priv...
14 Thank Danielle M
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Danielle M,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on your recent holiday at Lindos Blu.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many of details during your stay, such as the view, special cocktails at the pool bar and the breakfast in our restaurant. Thank you for highlighting to other readers that you enjoyed your dinner in our Five Senses restaurant and of course for pointing the “date” that we have arranged with our mixologist at your patio.

Your description of your time with us was such a pleasure to read, and it genuinely fills me with pride to read about the memorable experience our team was able to create for you. I am so pleased to read that our team gave you so many fond memories with their commitment to sincere personalised service. I will personally pass on your thanks to all of them for their contribution to your stay.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Lindos Blu in the near future to celebrate together your anniversary.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Lindos Blu is a well presented and well managed hotel overlooking Vilch Bay, 2 miles from Lindos village.

From the moment of arrival we were greeted by George, who immediately relieved us of or cases and showed us to reception.

As you enter the reception, the focal point is the bay behind the hotel. After checking in, we were escorted to the bar and handed a glass of the local sparkling wine. We were the able to relax for a while on the balcony, while our cases were taken to our room.

After a short guided tour of the hotel and an introduction to our room, we were free to enjoy this excellent hotel which is run by lovely staff.

Our standard room had all that we required. The air-con worked well and the housekeeping was of a high standard. The complimentary bottle of wine and bowl of fruit was much appreciated. The only thing that looked in need of a change was the orange fabric covered chair, which was faded and showed a few stains! The hotel
Wi-Fi worked fine, but had a limited range.

I advise that you draw your curtains at night because it’s possible for the next room to see in if you have the light on and they are on their balcony.

We stayed half board and glad that we did. The food was very good with plenty of choice for both breakfast and the evening meal. The breakfast buffet had all you could possibly require - breads, cheeses, cereals, fruits, pancakes and so on.

The evening meal was a buffet for starters and dessert. The main was a little more limited as there was only one of either a meat, fish of vegetarian option every night. The main meals are delicious and very well presented, but you’ll probably wish to fill up on the starters first. For starters and desserts, the choice was huge with the options changing every evening. It was noticeable that a lot of guests, who hadn’t booked half board, seemed to eat there anyway.

All 70 rooms have a sea view but, as stated in other reviews, the amount of sun on the balconies is minimal. It would possibly get more sun earlier on in the season though. With regards other reviews, I’ve read that the loungers around the pool were limited and not all in the sun. True to a degree but there are some people who like to sun themselves and some who prefer shade. While we were there, there didn’t appear to be an issue with a shortage of loungers and the hotel was full. The pool bar is open from 10am to 6pm and is a place to cool down with a beer or cocktail after a long morning relaxing around the pool. |The hotel has 3 pools. The main pool is on one of the upper levels with a smaller pool a few floors down. The 3rd is a heated indoor pool next to the gym. This brings me to the only negative part of our stay. We decided to use the indoor pool one afternoon as it always appeared to be quiet, as nobody seemed to use it. However, we weren’t aware that chatting and swimming in this pool would cause a disturbance and upset the Spa Receptionist! What we didn’t know was that the staircase close to the pool led up to the Spa. After only a couple of minuets of being there, we were told to “be quiet” because of the guests having treatments above us - we weren’t being noisy at all! I can only say that the acoustic design of the building or the lack of information to guests, about its layout, is at fault here. We had both thought about having a massage but cancelled any plans to do so after the way we had been spoken to by the Receptionist - oh well it was 180 euros saved!

We spent most of our days down on the beach. The beach is accessible via a series of lifts, the hotel grounds and the grounds of the sister hotel Lindos Mare. We had no problem again in finding available loungers on the beach, even though the hotel shares its loungers with Lindos Mare and anyone else who wishes to use them (there are no private beaches on the island)! The beach is serviced by a couple of lads from Lindos Mare, who take your drink and food orders and deliver them to you. The beach is probably better on that stretch than it is in the rest of the bay. Although it’s gritty sand, once below the water line the sand is fine and firm under foot.

All told we had a lovely time and will go back at some point, but would give the Spa a wide birth!

7 Thank chubster1962
Thanasis T, Διευθυντής at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your holiday at our hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated, customer care is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I am glad you enjoyed so many aspects of your holiday and that my colleagues made you feel welcomed.

Regarding your comments for our Spa personnel, we apologies for any inconvenience that this incident may have caused to you and please note that such practice is totally not acceptable for us. We have already discussed the incident with our Spa Director and rectified this issue.

Once again thank you for your exceptional comments concerning the food, the staff and the hotel facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Thanassis Tougounzoglou
Nottingham, England
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is a very attractive hotel which has a wonderful and commanding position over a bay. The design is very contemporary which appealed to us as we were booking. I wouldn't call this a holiday hotel though. It is set up more like a business hotel, meant for short stays. It's spaces are not suited to holiday use. The hotel is north facing so sunbathing is very hard due to two key reasons. Firstly there is very little room to sunbath due to space restrictions and only room for enough sunbeds to cater for half of the hotel's capacity. Secondly the aspect of the hotel means that over half of the sunbathing area is in shade over the course of a day. These two factors lead to very cramped sunbathing areas and constant moving of beds, if indeed beds are available.

There is the option of the beach. This is for public use and crowded with noisy families. The sand is like course grit and the hotel's area sits amongst part demolished concrete structures which makes it very gloomy.

A lot of the lower rooms have overlooked balconies and can be up to 3 separate lift journeys from the restaurant. The restaurants themselves are good and the food quality is excellent. the only problem being breakfast where the outside dining area is shared with half of the sunbathing area and you always ate your food within a couple of metres of someone on their bed. Not nice for either party.

The staff are very good and courteous. The issue is they are always on the back foot as they are trying to accommodate holiday makers in a hotel which is ideally suited to short stay or business use. We spent a large amount of our holiday being moved from room to room as we tried to find some space and peace. The only compromise is a pool room but these are full of unusable space and hugely expensive for what you get.

Come here for a short break or business and have a great time. Come here if you don't mind being very close to your neighbour and on public view as you relax. If you are expecting the 5 star experiences of the Tropical resorts this hotel matches them for dining and service but not as an overall Spa relaxation experience.

27 Thank Tennysons
Thanasis T, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive feedback on TripAdvisor.

Firstly we would like to thank you for your generous comments regarding our hotel team and food quality and we are glad to read that you were satisfied with some aspects of your holiday despite the fact we did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is valuable to us and is greatly appreciated because this is the only way we can correct shortcomings and prevent similar issues from happening again.

Generally, the majority of our guests is very comfortable with the hotel’s architecture both in terms of room view’s and privacy which is fully described as well as presented with photos in our website. The current layout of the buildings permits almost all rooms 95% to be precise, to have unobstructed views of the sea. We feel sadden to note that you have a different opinion on this matter.

Due to the architecture and the location of the hotel by facing the north east side of Rhodes, the sun goes across the front of the hotel and it rise sufficiently high in certain period which is the end of September. Lindos Blu management as part of the improvements for season 2014 will allocate new areas where our guests can sunbath especially these periods.

Once again we thank you for your comments concerning our staff and the high level gastronomy and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Best Regards,

Thanasis Tougounzoglou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Amathus Elite Suites
Amathus Elite Suites
#4 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Lindos Blu? Share your experiences!