“Awesome”

Lindos Blu
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have just returned after staying for 2 weeks at the Lindos Blu, celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. As the title suggests it was truely an awesome experience. Fantasic hotel, room, service, views, etc. Words cannot do this hotel experience justice. The team at the hotel are the best I have had the pleasure to meet, nothing to much trouble. Service always with a smile ( not forced as you can get in some of hotels). I would like to say a big thanks from both of us from our hearts to all the staff, they made our anniversary so special. On the day of our anniversary they gave us a free upgrade from our Junior Suite to a Deluxe Double room, totally unexpected. As I have mentioned all the team and they are truely a team, were excellent but we would just like to say a massive extra thanks to Theo ( who made our final 2 nights in the 5 Senses Restaurant so special- Rock On! you are a star- Lovely), Thomas in the Smeraldo Restaurant for being brilliant, Savas the barman( Football rules ), Sophia the lovely bar waitress ( onwards and upwards in your career) and finally and by no means least Anatasia the lovely waitress in the Smeraldo Restaurant, thank you for making our lunches a lovely experience. Any review you read or photos you see do not do this Hotel justice. We are now planning our next visit in the not to distant future. Brian & Christine

Room Tip: All rooms have great views, I would say you can't go wrong with any room in this hotel.
5  Thank Cleano

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have just returned from our 2 nd visit to this lovely hotel. Sometimes when you return, a hotel does not live up to your remembered expectations. No fear here. Perfect. What can I add to the already very good reviews. Well all I can say is you are made to feel special, not just by waiting staff, but absolutely every employee in the hotel. Every single person is polite and couteous and can't do enough for you. No matter how picky or well travelled you are, I would say you would struggle to find a better hotel anywhere in the world

Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank IrelandMandyT
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We arrived here with high expectations after reading the trip advisor reviews and examining the hotel website.
Our expectations were surpassed and exceeded.
We booked throught Thomson and having arrived at Rhodes airport we were whisked away in a taxi to the hotel. Transfer time about 45 minutes.
On arrival our bags were taken to our room and we were checked in quickly and shown to the balcony area where we were served cool sparkling wine. The hotel's exterior is beautiful, large expanses of glass and wood and lots of water.
We were then shown to our room and shown around, intructions on how to operate the air con, jacuzzi etc.
The rooms are well apoointed and have a stunning picture window view of the beach and bay. We were on a high floor 'C' and so had no-one overlooking us. We looked down onto the swim up rooms below which also looked lovely.
Meals- we took the half board package. Breakfast is a buffet arrangement, fresh orange and tea or coffee are served to your table. Usual continental selection , great fruit selection, egg station cooked to order, selection of drinks and sparkling wine available too.
At lunch we chose from the bar menu- 1 'main' is more than enough for 2 people after a large breakfast.
At Dinner we ate in the main dining room. Soup ( always delicious especially the cauliflower and also the porcini mushroom) then buffet choice of starters. Then choice of meat, fish or vegetarian main meal. Our favourites were the amberjack fish main meal and also the risotto is lovely. Deserts are again a buffet choice including pastries, pannacotta, gateaux and also cheese.
The waiting staff are one of the hotels main attribuites. The standard of service is exceptional. Special thanks to Carolina the maitre d', and also Ivana, Katarina, Nikos, and Anastasia.
Our days were spent by the beautiful main upper pool. Always plenty of sunloungers and no-one reserving them in advance. There was no issue with securing your lounger whilst breakfast is still being served as there is a lower deck below the pool which is hidden from the diners view.
Worthy of note is that the small shop in the hotel sells 1.5L bottles of water for 1 euro, so no need to spend hotel price on water during the day. Waitress service by the pool is superb and you can eat at your lounger if you wish.
Towels are provided in your room for use at the pool or beach or you can ask for a towel at the bar if you wish a dry one after a dip in the pool.
The beach is easily accesible down 3 lifts and then through the Lindos Mare sister hotel next door. There is also a small supermarket a short walk along the beach if you are looking for drink mixers etc for your room.
Its worth having some cocktails in the upstairs bar, amazing attention to detail by the barman there with twists on classic cocktails. All delicious!
Our flight home was late at night and we were charged 60 Euros to extend the room for the day. If you chose not to do this there was a courtesy room available for showering or the hotel showers or alternatively the spa was free to use.
Other nice touches are evening turn down service and clean towels, complimentary bottle of wine and fruit bowl on arrival.
The hotel has separate smoking areas, even at the outdoor dining areas and bar which was superb, very few people were smoking which suited us as we think there is nothing worse than trying to enjoy a meal when surrounded by smokers.
This hotel is truely exceptional, we have holidayed several times in Mexico and thought that they had got their service right however the Lindos Blu out performs even the 5 star hotels of the Riviera Maya.
Please disregard any of the negative comments in previous reviews, I am quite picky and I could not fault this hotel. I was only home a matter of hours and was checking the online price for next year!

Room Tip: Basic double is devine.
6  Thank LeSinge77
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just back from a week at this incredible hotel with my fiance. We booked a junior suite but asked if any chance of an upgrade as a special occassion. From moment we arrived to the moment we left the service was impeccable. We were greeted upon arrival at 11.30pm by a cheerful friendly receptionist who told us we had been upgraded to a room with our own sharing pool. We were offered a complimentary drink on the beautiful terrace before being escorted to our room. Needless to say the room was beautiful, immaculate and the pool spectacular. We had a complimentary bottle of bubbly in the room with a cake to celebrate our special occassion.
We only booked bed and breakfast but next time will definitely book hotel for 10 days and book half board as food fantastic. Breakfast was fabulous and the staff always have a smile. We had our room for 4 nights and then moved to our junior suite as room with pool was not available the whole time. Not complaining our junior suite was gorgeous and we did not have to lift a finger and move anything as staff did everything. Location for Lindos good just a short taxi ride away at 6 euros back and 8 euros there. Pools fabulous, relaxing. Hotel is built into a cliff so lifts required to rooms and beach but not a hassle at all. Beautiful views. We ate at the Five Senses Gourmet restaurant one night which was a great experience with wonderful food. I was a little chilly and my fiance was going to go back to the room to get me a jacket but the waiter did not want our relaxing meal disturbed and so produced a wrap for me to cover up.
The hotel is a couples hotel and truly a classy 5 star hotel, We will without doubt be back. Thank you to all the staff for a truly wonderful holiday.
Lindos is a magical place. The best place in Rhodes.

Room Tip: room with shared pool c131
4  Thank mistyflowers
Reviewed May 12, 2013

On coming off the coach transfer to the hotel it was nice to be greeted with a person at the door ready to help with the luggage that I had carried with my wife on our holiday.
I was shown to the reception and told not to worry about a thing, They had just opened for the new season and there appeared to be some confusion in which room etc - but we were directed to the bar for a drink prior to going to our room. This gave us a chance to see the wonderful views from the terrace bar.
The room that I had booked was a "junior suite" so the room was not to my expectations- I was in room 122 this room had very poor outside space and i was overlooked by other holiday makers in a pool room next door. I asked for more privacy and was immediately given an upgraded room, room 431 which I would recommend as a better choice of room. This room had additional amenieties of a walk in wardrobe and a jacuzzi on the balcony- this room was not so overlooked and was fine- The room reminded me strongly of the "Secrets hotel in Jamaica" in that it was very open plan especially the bathroom that lacked privacy especially the frosted glass cubicle for the toilet which will not be to everyones liking.
I ate in both resturants during my stay at the hotel - I had booked bed and breakfast- others I met at the hotel had booked the dining plan. I would not recommend this as you had to eat at a specific time in the evening and the quality of the food was not great as we ate on one occassion at the resturant and the fish dish that i had ordered had clearly gone off - I was offered an alternative but declined the offer.
an alternative resturant exsists in the hotel called the "five senses" this resturant serves food with a flourish and is almost theatre as each dish as it is presented is explained in detail they have a taster menu and a full course menu but the menu was not divided into appetisers, main courses, etc This is confusing and i was not sure as to what to order I ate at the resturant twice on one occassion having a suggested meal as directed by the staff which was fantastic.
Although there is a beach at the hotel it was not well used i myself went to the beach only on one occassion preferring to stay either by the main hotel pool or in the hotel room.
The location of the hotel was near to Lindos town itself, only a 8 Euro trip by taxi 6 on the way back from the town. most of my evening meals I ate in Lindos town and would recommend to you the Ambrosia Resturant and the Calypso resturant- I am sure that most of the eateries are of a similar standard.
The hotel breakfast is excellent either taken at the resturant at the hotel or via room service
What for me has given this hotel an excellent rating is however the staff in general for whom over a week I have not one criticism whatsoever, this includes the staff of the hotel next door as i used their pool bar on one occassion. I will at some point return to this hotel if only for a short break 3 or 4 days.

Room Tip: I would recommend the room 431 as a good choice of room
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I dare not say how many times we have visited this little cliff side oasis - it may colour your appreciation of the review and leaving you thinking that I am one of those silly sad people that only goes to one hotel!!! Ooops, I am one of those sad people, but with good reason.
1st May was the first day of the year for the place to be open. Poor staff, how they must have dreaded our return!!! Anyway, the welcome as always was super. Warm weather and genuine warm welcome from the staff. Welcome drinks on the terrace overlooking the cliffs and beautiful sea. Then to the room where cases have already been delivered to. Wine and fruit waiting in place.
Some new staff (how do they make them fit instantly in to the perfect service mode, but so laid back too - if only we could get the service industry in Britain to be like it. Some old staff there too. Tony Soprano running the show. The beautiful Miss Katerina organising upstairs aided by Elena. Uma Thurman and Lisa Faulkener in the dining room. Rafa Benitez also has a starring role. Service by all runs like a dream.
The food is of an exquisite standard. Do not worry about the "to half board or not" question. Once the hotel has sucked you in, you never want to leave. I still, after the number of times that we have been can not think of a single issue that we have had. The number of returning guests that you actually see whilst there sums the place up. It just does things right, from the tiny details to the big splashes.
In the words of a very famous British secret agent- we will return

Room Tip: If you like a quiet pool, choose a junior suite at the bottom of the hotel. Small pool nearby and a...
1  Thank BakerMNH
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We are just back from 8 days at Lindos Blu. Wonderful sea views, staff always smiling and cheerful. The hotel is brand new, extremely clean. Beds are the most comfortable I have slept in for quite a long time. Access to the private beach is easy and the bay is very suitable for swimming. Food is delicious, much better than the usual standard in Greece. The only thing I did not like was that the main restaurant does not offer a la carte dining. Fixed menus including soup seem to be a tradition in Greece, but we do prefer lighter meals. It was also a bit a of a rush in the morning in order to get a table outside, this could be fixed easily by rearranging the tables a bit. But these are small inconveniences as compared to the comfort and pleasure of a stay in this hotel.

2  Thank ATHENAISEDEMORTEMART
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kiotari
Lindos White Hotel and Suites

Been to Lindos Blu? Share your experiences!