“SUPERB, INCREDIBLE SERVICE.”

Lindos Blu
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just back from a week at this incredible hotel with my fiance. We booked a junior suite but asked if any chance of an upgrade as a special occassion. From moment we arrived to the moment we left the service was impeccable. We were greeted upon arrival at 11.30pm by a cheerful friendly receptionist who told us we had been upgraded to a room with our own sharing pool. We were offered a complimentary drink on the beautiful terrace before being escorted to our room. Needless to say the room was beautiful, immaculate and the pool spectacular. We had a complimentary bottle of bubbly in the room with a cake to celebrate our special occassion.
We only booked bed and breakfast but next time will definitely book hotel for 10 days and book half board as food fantastic. Breakfast was fabulous and the staff always have a smile. We had our room for 4 nights and then moved to our junior suite as room with pool was not available the whole time. Not complaining our junior suite was gorgeous and we did not have to lift a finger and move anything as staff did everything. Location for Lindos good just a short taxi ride away at 6 euros back and 8 euros there. Pools fabulous, relaxing. Hotel is built into a cliff so lifts required to rooms and beach but not a hassle at all. Beautiful views. We ate at the Five Senses Gourmet restaurant one night which was a great experience with wonderful food. I was a little chilly and my fiance was going to go back to the room to get me a jacket but the waiter did not want our relaxing meal disturbed and so produced a wrap for me to cover up.
The hotel is a couples hotel and truly a classy 5 star hotel, We will without doubt be back. Thank you to all the staff for a truly wonderful holiday.
Lindos is a magical place. The best place in Rhodes.

Room Tip: room with shared pool c131
4  Thank mistyflowers
Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

On coming off the coach transfer to the hotel it was nice to be greeted with a person at the door ready to help with the luggage that I had carried with my wife on our holiday.
I was shown to the reception and told not to worry about a thing, They had just opened for the new season and there appeared to be some confusion in which room etc - but we were directed to the bar for a drink prior to going to our room. This gave us a chance to see the wonderful views from the terrace bar.
The room that I had booked was a "junior suite" so the room was not to my expectations- I was in room 122 this room had very poor outside space and i was overlooked by other holiday makers in a pool room next door. I asked for more privacy and was immediately given an upgraded room, room 431 which I would recommend as a better choice of room. This room had additional amenieties of a walk in wardrobe and a jacuzzi on the balcony- this room was not so overlooked and was fine- The room reminded me strongly of the "Secrets hotel in Jamaica" in that it was very open plan especially the bathroom that lacked privacy especially the frosted glass cubicle for the toilet which will not be to everyones liking.
I ate in both resturants during my stay at the hotel - I had booked bed and breakfast- others I met at the hotel had booked the dining plan. I would not recommend this as you had to eat at a specific time in the evening and the quality of the food was not great as we ate on one occassion at the resturant and the fish dish that i had ordered had clearly gone off - I was offered an alternative but declined the offer.
an alternative resturant exsists in the hotel called the "five senses" this resturant serves food with a flourish and is almost theatre as each dish as it is presented is explained in detail they have a taster menu and a full course menu but the menu was not divided into appetisers, main courses, etc This is confusing and i was not sure as to what to order I ate at the resturant twice on one occassion having a suggested meal as directed by the staff which was fantastic.
Although there is a beach at the hotel it was not well used i myself went to the beach only on one occassion preferring to stay either by the main hotel pool or in the hotel room.
The location of the hotel was near to Lindos town itself, only a 8 Euro trip by taxi 6 on the way back from the town. most of my evening meals I ate in Lindos town and would recommend to you the Ambrosia Resturant and the Calypso resturant- I am sure that most of the eateries are of a similar standard.
The hotel breakfast is excellent either taken at the resturant at the hotel or via room service
What for me has given this hotel an excellent rating is however the staff in general for whom over a week I have not one criticism whatsoever, this includes the staff of the hotel next door as i used their pool bar on one occassion. I will at some point return to this hotel if only for a short break 3 or 4 days.

Room Tip: I would recommend the room 431 as a good choice of room
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I dare not say how many times we have visited this little cliff side oasis - it may colour your appreciation of the review and leaving you thinking that I am one of those silly sad people that only goes to one hotel!!! Ooops, I am one of those sad people, but with good reason.
1st May was the first day of the year for the place to be open. Poor staff, how they must have dreaded our return!!! Anyway, the welcome as always was super. Warm weather and genuine warm welcome from the staff. Welcome drinks on the terrace overlooking the cliffs and beautiful sea. Then to the room where cases have already been delivered to. Wine and fruit waiting in place.
Some new staff (how do they make them fit instantly in to the perfect service mode, but so laid back too - if only we could get the service industry in Britain to be like it. Some old staff there too. Tony Soprano running the show. The beautiful Miss Katerina organising upstairs aided by Elena. Uma Thurman and Lisa Faulkener in the dining room. Rafa Benitez also has a starring role. Service by all runs like a dream.
The food is of an exquisite standard. Do not worry about the "to half board or not" question. Once the hotel has sucked you in, you never want to leave. I still, after the number of times that we have been can not think of a single issue that we have had. The number of returning guests that you actually see whilst there sums the place up. It just does things right, from the tiny details to the big splashes.
In the words of a very famous British secret agent- we will return

Room Tip: If you like a quiet pool, choose a junior suite at the bottom of the hotel. Small pool nearby and a...
1  Thank BakerMNH
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We are just back from 8 days at Lindos Blu. Wonderful sea views, staff always smiling and cheerful. The hotel is brand new, extremely clean. Beds are the most comfortable I have slept in for quite a long time. Access to the private beach is easy and the bay is very suitable for swimming. Food is delicious, much better than the usual standard in Greece. The only thing I did not like was that the main restaurant does not offer a la carte dining. Fixed menus including soup seem to be a tradition in Greece, but we do prefer lighter meals. It was also a bit a of a rush in the morning in order to get a table outside, this could be fixed easily by rearranging the tables a bit. But these are small inconveniences as compared to the comfort and pleasure of a stay in this hotel.

2  Thank ATHENAISEDEMORTEMART
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We wanted somewhere special for my wife's 50th birthday and this exceeded our expectations. It's a stunning hotel in an amazing location and the staff were absolutely wonderful and the level of service is second to none. On arrival we were greeted with such warmth and offered a glass of champagne on the terrace which had amazing views over the sea. The adult only element ensures there is peace and quiet all day and a sophistaced atmosphere in the evenings. The food in both restaurants was delicious and the choice in the breakfast and evening buffets was just incredible. We had a lovely double room which was very private and had stunning views but we were so very lucky to be moved to a double deluxe with a jacuzzi on the balcony which was truely amazing and was the perfect end to a perfect week.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely with stunning views but if you can go for the double deluxe, villa or maisonett...
1  Thank FarnhamALG
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed for one week. Picked this hotel because of the reviews.
There's not much l can add that hasn't already been said.
The staff are very efficient and very friendly, everyone smiles. The views are amazing.
We had a standard room, it was very comfortable, lovely shower, nice bedding, good size
balcony. The restaurants are very good, food is lovely, breakfast buffet is excellent.
Having said all that, the hotel is a bit too modern for my tastes, l prefer something prettier and
more traditional. Walking into Lindos was easy and the buses pass the hotel regularly to Lindos
and Rhodes old town. It is quite a trek to get down to the beach and it did become a bit of a chore
towards the end of the week. You certainly have to make sure you remember everything you
need before leaving the room. The swimming pools are really lovely and everything is so spotlessly clean. A very good choi

Room Tip: All rooms are good
1  Thank Angie058
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Have just returned from this outstanding hotel, what a find, the Lindosblu will go down as one of my all time favourite places to stay. The staff were absolutely wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. We were fortunate enough to be moved to the most wonderful maisonette which was truly outstanding, only downside we felt was the beach which needed some improvement
Can't wait to return

Room Tip: Our first room was a standard double which was more than adequate, lovely really. We were then moved...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank franoPowysWales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
Amathus Elite Suites
Amathus Elite Suites
#4 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Lindos Village Resort & Spa

Been to Lindos Blu? Share your experiences!