Steigenberger Frankfurt-Langen
Hotel L'Escala(Dreieich)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree shuttle servicebusiness tripsuperior roombusiness roomnice hotelrooms are clean and comfortabledecent breakfasts bahntrain stationcoffee machinehotel shuttlestayed for one nightfra airportfrankfurtinternettreadmillplane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed there 4 nights with my wife. I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and people, the bar, and the superb breakfast buffet. The hotel is close to the S-bahn railway station (take #3 and #4 to go to Frankfurt city). FKF is maybe not worth 4 days for touristic purposes, but we went to Heidelberg also by train and that was nice.
But why the hell is the wi-fi so expensive ? 3 € for 20 minutes ! That's terrible ! Wi-fi should be FREE !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was sent to this hotel by Lufthansa when my flight was cancelled. It's a long shuttle ride down the highway, and in the middle of an industrial park. The hotel is not four star - the radiator (?!) didn't work in my room and there's a steep 15 Euro charge for wi-fi (which was hit and miss for service). The hotel has a stuffy 1960's feel to its decor (for some inexplicable reason it's all RAF and World War II posters) and service was abrupt and uncaring, perhaps because I was a voucher customer. At dinner the Lufthansa people were put at one end of the restaurant and pointed towards a buffet table and offered water and apple juice. The food was stodgy, reminding me of old University days when we'd be served veal bird on Wednesdays. Hard to complain when I was provided this room on a complimentary basis, but in hindsight I should have paid for the Hilton at the airport out of my own pocket.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed here during Frankfurt Book Fair. Usually its a busy affair in Frankfurt but the hotel location was about 20 minutes by train from the Messe, so it was quite peaceful in a way. The room and bed was comfortable and the mini bar was well stocked and reasonable. However, I was surprised that the most basic amenities were missing or paid at the hotel. There was no tea/coffee available in the room, no iron & board, wifi was paid & breakfast was really steep at $20 per day. These are some of the basic things you expect in a hotel of this standard. Some of my friends staying in next door Achat hotel said it was the same there but the price was about Euro 50 cheaper. If I m staying in this area again, rather try Achat instead of this one.

The train station is very near and you can take a S3 or S4 that takes about 20 minutes to Messe station. They also have an hourly shuttle to the aiport which takes about 30 minutes to the airport and was good.

Dinned once in their restaurant and food was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stay in this hotel when I have meetings in the area it's in. If you don't want to eat in the hotel restaurant, or if you want to get out and about, get a taxi into town (or even better the altstadt - old town - which is very pretty and has some good, old-fashioned German bar/restaurants where you'll get US-sized portions of good food for less than 10 euros!) or hire a bike from the hotel - the area is flat so you won't expend too much energy. You can cycle into to forest as well.

I didn't try the restaurant in the evening - I was in an above-mentioned place in the altstadt - but the breakfast is very good, though a bit pricey. I'm used to getting WiFi for free in hotels nowadays, so I find 9 euros for 5 hours (stop-start-able) quite expensive.

It was in the high teens Celsius when I stayed and the lack of air-conditioning didn't bother me. The bed was comfortable, as was the pillow, and the duvet was a little too warm. Didn't turn the TV on. The bathroom was small, and the shower really too small for a large man. I was far from the lifts so can't comment on any noise.

The free shuttle runs every half hour on the half hour from Door A, Terminal 1 and takes about 20 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The problem with chain hotels and hotel classifications is that one comes to expect certain things. This hotel is very convenient and served by a shuttle bus to the FRA airport, but .....
The rooms are ok, the bed very hard and during the summer it must be hell without airconditioning. I was kept up until well past midnight and from early morning onwards by the constantly crashing doors of the rooms in the corridor.
When I mentioned this (as well as the fact that my tv was not working), I was informed they did not have mattress toppers and no they could do nothing about the noise that the doors make. It seemed that the staff really did not care.
The WIFI charge is outrageous but the breakfast very varied and delicious.
The dinner is quite steep and although it looks as if one is situated in an industrial estate, if you insist, the reception staff will give you a map and direct you into town which is a 15min stroll.
Given the area this hotel, parking in the garage with the ensuing costs is not necessary, just park outside on the street !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business