“Lovely fresh food”

Tabula Calda Casa de Comidas
Ranked #32 of 187 Restaurants in Merida
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
tunbridge wells uk
“Lovely fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were recommended this place by a local shopkeeper and we were not disappointed. The owner greeted us and later we exchanged views about growing our own fresh food and he even gave us a couple of squashes to take away to try growing at home!
We had the set menu which included very tasty lamb chops and an excellent steak both served with very fresh vegetables. We had the local wine which was very drinkable..
It was a pity that such a good restaurant was almost empty in the evening but this seems to be case with many others in Spain as the 'crisis' bites.

• Visited October 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
“What a great restaurant in Merida!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I, along with our two friends, had the fortunate opportunity to enjoy the great food and wonderful staff of Tabula Calda Casa de Comidas last night. It was a great experience from the moment we stepped inside the restaurant. We were met by a wonderful gentleman (I suspect it was the proprietor) who warmly greeted us and ensured we were comfortably seated. While our Spanish is very very weak, this gentleman and our waiter made certain all our needs were met and that we clearly understood the items on the menu. The menu itself was quite varied. I had the lamb shoulder and it was absolutely wonderful! The best I have tasted in Spain. The service was great and the staff (both the waiter and the proprietor) were warm, friendly and attentive. If you are in Merida, I strongly recommend you visit this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good food in traditional surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were very glad we came across Tabula Calda when we were in Merida in April 2012. My vegetarian friend and I opted for the 'menu del dia' and we thought the food was delicious. I had a spinach with scrambled egg dish for starters, beef stew with green beans and potatoes, followed by delicious homemade rice pudding: simple food but very tasty and plentiful. I can't remember what veggie dishes my friend had but she said they were lovely. And the cost, a mere 12 euros each, and that included two glasses of delicious local red wine (which, unfortunately, I am unable to get here in the UK). Our waiter was a delightful young man who very patiently described what the dishes were. The restaurant was traditionally decorated with lots of water features and plants. It was 'quirky' as has been previously described but we liked it a lot and wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.

• Visited April 2012
Corsham, United Kingdom
“Quirky and Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Merida was very disappointing, but this restaurant was a great find - thanks to reviews on Tripadvisor. Beautifully decorated with helpful and friendly staff (the owner insisted on showing us his massive leeks - luckily a Spanish couple on the next table translated for us!). The food was excellent, lots of local dishes, and very good value. A great find in a rather dismal town.

Visited April 2012
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Good atmosphere terrible food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Sorry whatever the comments of tripadvisor may say on this!
I had a nice garlic soup followed by probably the worst steak ever. Had to send it back 3 times cause i was still frozen and the 4th time I couldnt ate it anymore.
My wife had some asparagus with cheese and she was sick for a day!
Trust me.. Dont Go here!