“A very enjoyable dining experience”

La Bodeguilla Arte y Gastronomia
Ranked #16 of 204 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I ate in the first diningroom behind the bar area. Though not by any stretch a fancy dining area, this was more than made up for by the attentiveness of the wait staff and, most importantly, by Emilio, owner and head chef. He met us more than halfway with his English and our Spanish, and made great recommendations for local wine and dinners. We had a very good meal and dining experience.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

From the outside this restaurant is nothing special but following tripadvisor's recommendations we went all the same. The waitress , Virginia was a delight and recommended that we share meals as the portions were very generous. She was so right!!!!The vegetables were delicious, served with three salsas, they were so tasty. There were ten, cooked on the brasa including asparagus, onions, courgettes, aubergines, two types of mushrooms, peppers..so tasty and fresh. The mustard salsa was very tasty as was the oil and parsley one. The chuletas were served with thinly cooked potatoes and again were juicy, fresh and delicious.....well worth the 40 minute wait. The chef ventured out into the street to check we had enjoyed our food and then insisted we had a free chocolate dessert!! Equally delicious. Virginia them insisted we had a chipito......limocello. We both agreed it was the tastiest meal we have had in Spain this year by a long way. The only negative was the fact we had to eat in the street(not a problem) but the smokers on the next table were. Do go and enjoy the food at La Bodeguilla!!!!You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Judith200
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Very good value, 9 euros for a 3 course menu, excellent service! The Salmorejo and the Tiramasu was incredible!

3  Thank Alastair M
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Outside tables were full this evening so we went in to the gloomy room at the back. Bare tables, paper napkins. An inexperienced waitress explained that the menu was not available in the evening and produced a huge glossy laminated "carte". My Spanish is good enough for restaurants but our waitress failed to understand or explain anything. My croquetas were very good and so was my partner's unusual salad of fruit. As they should have been at €10 per plate. My partner ordered the arroz con boletus (€10) as a main but the waitress didn't explain it was only available for two so he got a plate full of boletus (€18). My grilled sea bass was tiny - the plate filled up by lettuce. Bread was produced just before the main course. I think that mine host realised we were unhappy and produced an enjoyable dessert on the house. 3 glasses house wine, a bottle of water two starters and two main came to €56.60. Not good value.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Others have commented on the restaurant manager, Emilio, but we were lucky enough to get a fulsome a detailed explanation of every meal on the day's menu from him. I was the only one in our party to speak Spanish so I had to translate everything he said to my friends, which was quite a task! Considering we were there on a really busy Saturday lunchtime, Emilio spent ages with us telling us how each dish was cooked, and then after we'd decided what we wanted he then decided that he'd bring us a selection of dishes so we could try different things! And all of this for a 9 Euro menu of the day! We were sitting outside but when we went inside to visit the 'servicios' we were amazed to see the restaurant inside absolutely packed. The food was very good but Emilio really made it into an experience!

1  Thank ready4offagain