“Go see this whether you ride or not.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yeguada de la Cartuja

Yeguada de la Cartuja
More attraction details
Owner description: The most important reserve of Andalusian Horse, Carthusian lineage is located in the outskirts of Jerez de la Frontera. Visits are held every Saturday at 11.00. Guided tour + show in the main arena.
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Go see this whether you ride or not.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was not expecting this to be so good, I had tickets to the Escuela Ecuestre and thought this would pale in comparison. WRONG! The tour is thorough, extensive and informative without being boring, and the guide runs you through pretty much everything. Then the show, well breathtaking doesn't do it justice! You get to see everything, doma vaquera, doma clasica, the foals, the stud, the mares...heaven! And at the end of the show you even get a glass of sherry, sweet or dry :)

Visited April 2014
Yeguada de L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Yeguada de la Cartuja, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you very much for your comment.
It is very helpfull for our team to get the feedback from our visitors to keep improving our visit and show.
Best regards,
Yeguada de la Cartuja

Lucca, Toscana, Italy
3 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous, human, natural. It must be seen!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

There is a moment in the show when the little baby horses await and then their mother-horses arrive. In a few seconds they start looking for each other and each baby horse is nursed by its mother. This is the most beautiful moment I live every time I visit Jerez.

Cornwall, UK
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“One of the best days out ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am not a horse rider but have always admire the beauty, grace and brains of these wonderful animals. All were evident in the fantastic performance in the one hour show. I actually found it very moving. We were shown round the stud by a lady who spoke excellent English and the pride and care were obvious. There were tours that started ten minutes apart in all languages and we were given a glass of sherry at the end. The horses were stunning and any real horse lover would be in heaven. A great day out for all ages as you get to be really 'up close and personal' with the horses. I was sorry when it was over. There is a fee to get in but not expensive and well worth it. Don't miss this if you are in the area.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank TrishCornwall
Lancing, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Yeguada is one of the best attractions I've ever been to in Spain, and I'm really not into horses. The arena show was great - I could have watched it for hours. They really focus on the beauty and grace of the horses, as opposed to other shows I've seen where the demonstrations seem to be more about how clever the riders are.

My only criticisms are (1) there was a lot of waiting around before the tour. (but it was OK really, because there was plenty of opportunity to take photos), and (2) Once we did start the tour, our guide didn't speak loudly enough, so only about a third of the group could hear her.

Visited September 2013
Yeguada de L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Yeguada de la Cartuja, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you very much... we really appreciate your comments.
We are very glad you have enjoyed our visit.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stunning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Right, I don't ride and I'm not bonkers about horses but I appreciate beauty when I see it, the show took our breath away, it's just one of those special moments that a person should experience and for that reason go, it's well worth a visit, this is one of the purest strains of the Andalusian Horses and they are beautiful!