“Value for money with underground parking at the borders of the old city centre of Jerez”
Review of Hotel Dona Blanca

Hotel Dona Blanca
Tremelo
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and had asked for a quite room. The hotel is old fashioned, the shower didn't work that well. Let's say there was enough water but the temperature wasn't stable. The airco didn't work at all, but the Wifi worked in every room except in the parking, ha. Any way the room was very quite.
The breakfast was in buffet but unfortunately not complete.
Parking has to be reserved and they have a boy that parks your car. The parking will be charged to your bill.

Room Tip: What we paid and what we got was besides the breakfast in a good balance.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I’m embarrassed; if friends knew how low the room rates were at this really rather good hotel, then I’d look a proper cheapskate! Yet, nowhere is there any evidence that the hotel’s management have cut corners to suit the 35euro price. The reception is plush and staffed by English-speaking receptionist seemingly at all times; the room was large, well-equipped and spotlessly clean. The beds were very comfortable and this, combined with the hotel being on a quiet road assured a good night’s sleep. There is parking below the hotel but we arrived at Jerez airport with the 20 minute drive costing 20euros. Although the touristy part of Jerez is fairly small, staying here in the centre did help keep the amount of walking (bodegas, alcazar, etc) manageable. Jerez was a great one-day diversion from the relative intensity of Seville.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were very happy with this hotel as it sits pretty much in the center of Jerez. Walking distance to sherry bodegas and churches although I would not recommend daytime excursions in July. Lacks a pool although this is not usual in the center of town. Clean room, nice bathroom and a balcony.

We decided to drive to Sanlucar de Barrameda to cool of in the sea. This was a total waste of time since the tide was out and we found ourselves wading in mud and dead oysters trying to get to the water. I've heard Cadiz has better, more swim-friendly beaches, so go there instead.

• Stayed July 2012
Wayland MA, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2012

A very nice hotel at a <50€ price. Comfortable bed and helpful staff. Alas, a not so faint sewage smell in the hallway lessened the appeal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HOTELDONABLANCA, Director Comercial at Hotel Dona Blanca, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
We regret any inconvenience caused while we inform you that we are taking corrective measures in this point.
Hoping to see you soon and thanking your stay with us.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on May 25 and 26, 2012. My room and the hallway smelled of raw sewage. I told the receptionist repeatedly but nothing was done. I was not offered an alternative room or even an apology. It was so bad that it was difficult to sleep in the room. The room was clean but not particularly pleasant with a very small window looking out on a tiny patio. The breakfast was of minimal quality and the hotel is located in a central part of town but not a particular nice part of town. My suggestion is to find another place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Jerez De La Frontera hotels

Northampton
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Hotel in quite a good location - in a back street not far from main squares. Fairly central.

Hotel clean and staff helpful. Basic, simple accommodation but value for money during the feria.

Downside is noise - probably from inside the hotel mostly. Maybe this is a feature of this type of Spanish hotel - with so much marble, laminated floors and hard surfaces there are few soft furnishings perhaps to absorb noise which seems to reverberate through the hotel. For the price though, not an insurmountable issue.

We booked through Laterooms and I had also booked for some of the others in the party. Unfortunately when we were leaving - and had a train to catch to get to Seville - the fuss started about the bill. They tried to get me - and everyone else to sign credit card slips for the bill. This had all been paid some 4 - 6 months before. The receptionist assured me that Laterooms hadn't paid them. I was put on to Laterooms on the telephone who assured me they had not taken any money. I referred to the prepaid rate and cancellation charges on my paperwork. How could there be cancellation charges if I hadn't paid? After 10 minutes of arguing with Laterooms the woman on the phone changed her stance and said I had paid.

The receptionist then went back to insisting that I sign the credit card slips. I queried as to why I would do this when they had had the money 4 - 6 months ago. She stated that she didn't know whether they had had the money. in this process I noticed that my credit card details were obviously getting emailed to and fro between Laterooms and the hotel - hardly secure.

I queried how I could have recharged the other members in the party in Sterling for something charged in Euros if I hadn't already paid it myself?

The receptionist then changed tack and said the credit card receipt was only for my records despite insisting for half an hour that I sign it. Everyone else had apparently been asked to sign credit card vouchers - that were being charged to my card! I insisted that I didn't need a credit card receipt as I knew I had paid and it would be on my records as such.

She then tried getting me to sign them saying they were dated the previous November and January when they were booked. I still refused to sign. She said she would have to check whether they had received the money - why did nobody know? Surely on this basis people could pay twice.

We had to then get a taxi and rush to the railway station, seething, to catch the train just in time.

When I got home I checked my records. Every penny had been paid 4 - 6 months previously and had been charged by the HOTEL on my statement (not Laterooms).

Sadly - as you can see - the bill dispute is my lasting memory of the hotel experience rather than the time spent there. I am still waiting to see whether further charges come through on my credit card - particularly from vouchers signed by other people for my stays!

Not sure I would be keen to use Laterooms again who didn't assist in the process one bit but actually added fuel to the fire at the time.

Room Tip: Never mind the rooms - take your credit card bills with you to prove you have paid!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Gainesville VA
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This hotel is much nicer than one would expect at the price. It's clean and run like a high-end hotel. It's well located within easy walking distance of the TI, Tio Pepe (Bodega Gonzalez-Byass) and Bodega Domecq. There are convenient parking, restaurants and grocery stores nearby plus a couple of squares for people watching.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple