Hotel Dona Blanca
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Serit(Jerez De La Frontera)
  • Bar/Lounge
Joma(Jerez De La Frontera)
  • Free Internet
Hotel YIT Casa Grande(Jerez De La Frontera)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Nova Centro(Jerez De La Frontera)
View Hotel
Tierras de Jerez(Jerez De La Frontera)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Trujillo(Jerez De La Frontera)
  • Bar/Lounge
Itaca Hotel Jerez(Jerez De La Frontera)
  • Restaurant
Al Andalus Jerez(Jerez De La Frontera)
  • Bar/Lounge
Nuevo Hotel(Jerez De La Frontera)
  • Room Service
El Coloso(Jerez De La Frontera)
View Hotel
All reviewsunderground parkingper dayshower headold townair conspacious roomsherry bodegasreceptionistcorridorbalconyeurosalcazarjerezdiarefrigeratorsoundproofingcarrefour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Hotel in quite a good location - in a back street not far from main squares. Fairly central.

Hotel clean and staff helpful. Basic, simple accommodation but value for money during the feria.

Downside is noise - probably from inside the hotel mostly. Maybe this is a feature of this type of Spanish hotel - with so much marble, laminated floors and hard surfaces there are few soft furnishings perhaps to absorb noise which seems to reverberate through the hotel. For the price though, not an insurmountable issue.

We booked through Laterooms and I had also booked for some of the others in the party. Unfortunately when we were leaving - and had a train to catch to get to Seville - the fuss started about the bill. They tried to get me - and everyone else to sign credit card slips for the bill. This had all been paid some 4 - 6 months before. The receptionist assured me that Laterooms hadn't paid them. I was put on to Laterooms on the telephone who assured me they had not taken any money. I referred to the prepaid rate and cancellation charges on my paperwork. How could there be cancellation charges if I hadn't paid? After 10 minutes of arguing with Laterooms the woman on the phone changed her stance and said I had paid.

The receptionist then went back to insisting that I sign the credit card slips. I queried as to why I would do this when they had had the money 4 - 6 months ago. She stated that she didn't know whether they had had the money. in this process I noticed that my credit card details were obviously getting emailed to and fro between Laterooms and the hotel - hardly secure.

I queried how I could have recharged the other members in the party in Sterling for something charged in Euros if I hadn't already paid it myself?

The receptionist then changed tack and said the credit card receipt was only for my records despite insisting for half an hour that I sign it. Everyone else had apparently been asked to sign credit card vouchers - that were being charged to my card! I insisted that I didn't need a credit card receipt as I knew I had paid and it would be on my records as such.

She then tried getting me to sign them saying they were dated the previous November and January when they were booked. I still refused to sign. She said she would have to check whether they had received the money - why did nobody know? Surely on this basis people could pay twice.

We had to then get a taxi and rush to the railway station, seething, to catch the train just in time.

When I got home I checked my records. Every penny had been paid 4 - 6 months previously and had been charged by the HOTEL on my statement (not Laterooms).

Sadly - as you can see - the bill dispute is my lasting memory of the hotel experience rather than the time spent there. I am still waiting to see whether further charges come through on my credit card - particularly from vouchers signed by other people for my stays!

Not sure I would be keen to use Laterooms again who didn't assist in the process one bit but actually added fuel to the fire at the time.

Room Tip: Never mind the rooms - take your credit card bills with you to prove you have paid!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This hotel is much nicer than one would expect at the price. It's clean and run like a high-end hotel. It's well located within easy walking distance of the TI, Tio Pepe (Bodega Gonzalez-Byass) and Bodega Domecq. There are convenient parking, restaurants and grocery stores nearby plus a couple of squares for people watching.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bdjtbenson
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Turned up in Jerez purely to browse a few bodegas and slurp some sherry. This was the only budget hotel recommended by our travel book. They indicated that it was exceptionally grand for the price and right in the heart of the city....right on both counts. No hugely modern, but great location, EUr41 for the night (A Friday incidentally....and we turned up without reservations and took the rate offered at 2pm in the afternoon...may well be cheaper with a little forethought....but that was for both of us in a double room en-suite) didn't take breakfast at EUR7.50 each as there are a wealth of superb cafe's and even a carrefour for buns and bread within 2-3mins. All in allm staff efficient and courteous, room and bedding clena and good hot-water pressure in the shower. Worth noting that whilst Tio Pepe is the most well known bodegas, some of its tour guides suffer from tourist fatigue and the smaller producers will give a more intimate, if less polished tour.

Room Tip: top floor - western balcony,
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2012

couple in the 30's
We manage to get a deal for a couple of nights on a travel website and the hotel was perfect for the price we paid

We arrived by car from the costa del luz and there is parking spaces next to the hotel
the reception was friendly and our room had ample space, a balcony, good bathroom with power shower and a massive tv. beds were comfy.
The hotel is quiet at night. the taxi to the airport costs 20 euros.
However careful if you have trouble walking up stairs, the only lift seemed to be after a set of high steps.

it is located 10 min walk from the train station (you can go to cadiz-1h- but make sure you are aware of train times) and bus station. And 1 min walk from the center and 5 min from a couple of bodegas including tio pepe.
Sunday afternoons are a great to visit churches as they are all open because local seem to go from one to another in masses at that time.

An outstanding restaurant was the chancilleria restaurant Sabores (Degustation menu for 40 euros) whose owner is really passionate about the hotel/restaurant.
If you want to visit tio pepe on a sunday there is only one visit at 2-00, the others seemed to be closed on sundays.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We`ve stayed here before quite a few times, it is a great place to stay in the center of Jerez if you have arrived by car because of their underground secure garage, the room was clean with comfy beds and an en-suite and air con/heater which warmed the room up well, there was a mini-bar fridge, we didn`t have breakfast in the hotel, like the last reviewer we had excellent coffee and toasted rolls in the Dona Blanca cafe, but everyone at least once in their lives should have churros and chocolate outside the fresh food market, you buy the churros from the little black kiosk, €2 worth is enough for two people, ( you can always get more ) and take it to one of the bars and order your chocolate and dip away whilst people watching, heaven.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple