“Beautiful food”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

4 of us ate here recently. Following the mixed reviews on Tripadvisor I was a little apprehensive, but this restaurant was also recommended by the hotel receptionist. I'm glad we went - it was exceptional. We all enjoyed our meals and found the ambiance and service excellent. Will definately return.

1  Thank mv2108

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This restaurant was ranked as no. 1 restaurant in Jerez by tripadvisor. This is NOT TRUE. I sad in a garden like court - nice! I ordered the 5 course menu with wines and told the waiter that I would leave it up to him whether to serve table wines or sherry as he preferred. First I had cheese and olive tapernade. The cheese tasted like a young Manchego - neutral with not much character served with some jam and a way to salt olive tapernade. Also it was a bit to "fishy" - to mush Anchovies. Then i had a garlic soup. The plate way not heated so the soup was lukewarm and not very interesting. Then I had fish. Again over salted and not very interesting although the vegetables were nice and crisp. Then the meat: It was very rich and came with caramelized onions. It lacked some acidity to balance the richness of the meat. Some cake for desert. I had sherry for all the dishes: Fino, Amontillado, Oloroso and a sweet (not PX). Not a single glass of sherry was interesting. If You are on a tight budget 40 € for a 5 course meal including wines is fine, but if You want some good food and wine - this is not the place. The wine list lacked good producers. If You want GOOD STUFF go to "Reino de Leon", La Torre 5. Here You will get
very modern good food and a wine list that has Emilio Hidalgo and Bodega Tradition. When only the best is good enough for You... Only positive thing: I got to talk to an american couple from north of San Francisco who were touring Spain. I got your card - one day I will come knock your door...

Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you want a great selection of gourmet tapas (and more conventional food too), a good wine chart (with plenty of sherries, of course), courteous service and a romantic site, Sabores has it all! Not to miss when going to Jerez de la Frontera.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We ate in the courtyard restaurant and shared the taster menu, which was interesting, innovative and delicious. We liked the ambiance and the welcome and service were very good.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Super setting in inner garden; Excellent quality food; Friendly personnel. Quiet setting and good music selection!