“Modern looking and fashionable bar/restaurant in center of Jerez”
Review of Reino de Leon - CLOSED

Reino de Leon
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This restaurant was mentioned in Trip Advisor, and also recommended by a receptionist in a nearby hotel.
The service we encountered was good, helpful and explaining the food items we did not really know.
Starters and wine choice were excellent, only thing I was disappointed was quality and cooking of my meat dish, which was an entrecote/steak. It was a bit 'chewy' and texture was not as smooth as I expected.
Overall, would probably eat there again, but order a different main course. Dessert was OK, what I also found was that total price of EUR 70 for a dinner for two including wine was slightly at the upper range of my experiences in Spain.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Before is was renovated earleir this year it was known as a great steak restaurant. Now the surroundings are modern - as you would expect in a gastro bar.

I have eaten in the bar and outside for tapas and the restaurant, the portions are a little on the small side but reasonably priced.

It is different from the other 'Spanish' bars in the town.

This trendy place simply does not do it for me but do give it a try!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

So having arrived last month at the peak of mediocrity in Jerez I'm now commited to trying every food outlet possible in the quest of food creativity and flair as I cannot believe such a lovely town, filled with cultured people has no better to offer. I visted this restaurant for lunch twice this month with a friend and latterly with family and was pleasantly surprised by a menu that actually tempted me. Just seeing the mention of liquorice and scallops had me salivating (no they werent in the same dish). The main courses of scallops was disappointing as whilst the scallops were fresh and succulent they were more boiled than pan seared which was disappointing texture and taste wise. On my second visit I opted for battered cod which was chunky, juicy and sweet and very well cooked. Likewise for my sister's thin cut Argetine steak which she said she could never eat but over which we fought. My husband tried the mushrooms and cheese toast option which is very reasonably priced and sample for lunch. As another review mentions the portions are small but that works perfectly for lunch. The restaurant is located in a narrow alley close to Plaza Arenal and is super quiet for eating outside. There's a decent selection of wines by the glass and the waitress treated us to after lunch coffee/sherry on our first visit. The service is discreeta nd friendly. I will definitely be back in winter to enjoy the stylish interior decor and ambience. Feeling optimistic and have a few more recommendations to try next week.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Service a bit slow but in a quiet side street used by a lot of locals. Food was good if slightly small portions but that is gastro for you. We had to order an extra dish to fill up. Bill was £56 for two including wine and drinks. Would certainly eat there again.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My partner and i have just returned from Jerez having sampled many of the recommended restaurants all of which were superb and i would indeed highly recommend aswell. Reino de Leon however is the exception, the setting and decoration is excellent but the food is atrocious!! We ate our starters hoping that we may have just been unlucky with our choices of smoked salmon and stuffed mushrooms with prawns, how wrong we were! My main course of scallops or more to the point one scallop on a bed of carrots was frankly disgusting, and the piece of shoe leather that masqueraded as a steak that my partner was served with was literally inedible, we both had a bash at it but failed miserably, avoid this over rated over priced rubbish at all costs! We even popped in for a snack at another restaurant after we left!

5  Thank martin p