My husband and I stayed in this wonderful, tranquil place in March 2013. Recommended by our tour operator it could not have been a more peaceful location The family and their staff provide an exceptionally high level of hospitality and service. The accommodation in the "tents" is luxurious to say the least. The food is of a very high standard and the family who own the camp take a very positive and personal interest in ensuring that the guests are exceptionally well looked after.
We particularly recommend the guided walk around the reservoir where numerous birds can be spotted as well as antelope and wild boar.
Waking up early in the morning, opening the door of your tent, you a see a fantastic panorama of landscape and wildlife, an unforgettable experience! In many ways one of, if not, the highlight of our trip.
When my wife was taken ill, our hosts could not have been more supportive in helping care for her, not least the provision of a stiff gin and tonic punctually at 6pm that evening!!!! and an additional night stay.
We will definitely return there should we return to India, next time for at least a week!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury tents have always been an important part of Rajput lifestyle. Constant campaigns in far flung lands meant long stays in tents under inhospitable conditions. Tents were the only luxury available and soon these “homes away from home” evolved into mobile, mini-palaces.Chhatra Sagar captures the essence of this romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Chhatra Sagar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chhatra Sagar Hotel Pali
- Chhatra Sagar Rajasthan
- Chhatra Sagar Hotel Rajasthan
- Chhatra Sagar Pali, Rajasthan, India