“A Little Piece of the Keys & Heaven in Coastal Sunbury, GA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunbury Crab Co.

Sunbury Crab Co.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Sunbury
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Warrenton, Georgia
“A Little Piece of the Keys & Heaven in Coastal Sunbury, GA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Sunbury is one of those rare places where lucky visitors can sample a taste of the life along Georgia's coast. The sights, sounds, and smells of the marshlands come alive at Sunbury Crab Company for all to enjoy thanks to Elaine and Bernie Maley and their sons.

Whether you arrive by car or boat, your first impression will be that this place reminds you of the Keys, and that "ain't all bad" as we would say down here in the South. Not many of us have the opportunity to actually live our dream, but the Maleys are not only living their dream, but also opening the door for us to share it with them.

I contacted Elaine in late November to let her know I would be arriving by boat coming off the Intracoastal Waterway as we traveled down the coast from Savannah to St. Simon’s Island. We were greeted at the dock by one of the sons, Joseph Maley. After our arrival friends from Savannah met us for dinner at the restaurant. Elaine came over and introduced herself as the bartender, owner, and sometimes cook, and after dinner she came back to our table and shared her story of Sunbury Crab Company.

I explained to Elaine that we had some trouble navigating the Medway River, but I just followed the crab basket markers because they are usually near the channel. She said that those baskets belonged to her son Clay and that the crabs we were eating came from those baskets. The shrimp and oysters are also harvested by her husband, sons, and local fishermen.
Anyone’s who has experienced Georgia Wild Shrimp know that they are some of the best to be found. I was especially impressed with the boiled shrimp floating in an olive oil & garlic sauce. These were the best I’ve ever had, and trust me when I tell you that I’ve had a lot of them from many places. The fried and grilled shrimp were also excellent.
Not only is Sunbury Crab Company a restaurant, marina, and a family home, but it is a happening place. Elaine gave us a tour of the downstairs and outside bar and stages. Every weekend there is live music and seafood specials. My only regret was that we were not laying over another day so we could experience all that Sunbury Crab Company had to offer. I will be back to try a little more of the “Keys” in Georgia.

I cannot say enough good things about our experience at Sunbury, so just visit their web site at www.sunburycrabco.com for more information and links to the many great articles that have been written about this place. When you go to Sunbury Crab Company you will not want to leave.

• Visited December 2012

Opelika, AL
“Great food and lots of fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Nine of us gathered here the night before Thanksgiving. The service is friendly and the food is wonderful. I shared the Ahi Tuna appetizer with my niece. Soo yummy. Then, I had grilled grouper (a special that night), which was excellent. I also tasted a pasta dish loaded with seafood and sausage. I wish I could go back at least once a week so I could try everything. The atmosphere is very laid back and low key. The service was good. Just yum!!

• Visited November 2012
Jesup, Georgia
“I only go on Sundays!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I enjoy the restaurant most on Sundays because on Sunday afternoons, they have live music. It makes for a really great atmosphere. The view of the water, the food, the drinks, and the music all combined creates a very relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon/evening.

The menu is not very extensive, but the food is good. I've only eaten their shrimp so far. I've had the steamed shrimp, grilled shrimp, and fried shrimp. They were all good. Their Sunbury Sunset is my favorite drink, personally.

The service is good, as well. I've always received prompt, friendly service.

I have no real complaints; I only wish their menu included some other choices, specifically, crab legs. I also believe that their appetizers are expensive, considering. However, the dinner entrees are priced reasonably.

• Visited November 2012
Midway, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This Place is the BOMB!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

After reading all of the reviews of Sunbury Crab Co., I thought everything that could be said had been! But, I have to butt in here because although you CAN get almost all of your seafood orders fried, you don't HAVE to! The spicy-garlic shrimp, as well as the grilled shrimp, are fantastic, and during the cold months, the fresh, raw oysters are divine. Steamed veggies and freshly-made salads are also available. You wouldn't think that a seafood place would have great steaks, but their grilled monster rib eye or flat-iron steak is wonderful. You can get a baked potato instead of fries, but don't-forget your diet and get the fries-I promise you won't be disappointed! They even have real butter for dipping for those of us from Wisconsin: (but I am sure they will let anybody in on the secret if asked!) Oh, and to the ONE guy who said this was comparable to "chain restauraunt" food-when was the last time you saw live shrimp and blue crab trying to claw out of the sink at Long John Silver's? I don't think so!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank DebbieG31320
Shellman Bluff
“Seafood, burgers and steaks.....yum !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Definately worth the long drive out to the river, this place has a wonderful atmosphere and great seafood, burgers and steaks. Sunbury Crab Co has a relaxed, rustic setting, the restaurant has open windows looking out over the marsh and river. Good live music on Sunday evenings too - our favorite day to visit. The service is always good, and the food arrives hot and fresh and I have never been disappointed in a meal. We usually eat here at least 2 times per month, with a dinner for 2 with a couple of beers costing around $45.

• Visited September 2012