This hotel has good points and lots of potential. It's in a lovely location, surrounded by a forest. Lots of walking, cycling and jogging just on your doorstep. It's a lovely calm and quiet hotel and the rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. The reception staff are friendly and helpful. We were having a nice time and feeling happy and relaxed until we unfortunately entered the restaurant. I had read other negative reviews of the restaurant and to be honest I never expect to eat fantastically well in any large chain hotel restaurant because they are usually below stand alone restaurant standards, but, even with fairly low expectations I was genuinely shocked. It's a small restaurant and wasn't particularly busy. An army of staff but the service was pretty poor. Actually our waiter was a little odd. I couldn't decide if he was just trying to be amusing or was just strange. He kept on doing things like constantly repeating himself when we clearly understood the first time. When he bought our drinks he said cheers and just stood staring at us! The said cheers again and finally walked off. My partner asked for another glass of wine and because the service was so slow and I had less than half a small glass of beer left I decided to ask for another as well. He actually said to me "of course but not until you have finished your drink". We were constantly nonplussed by him. Of course he took so long to return to our table with a bottle of Rioja and glass for my partner that my drink was finished. After his usual showing her the label twice he tried to walk away. So I showed him my empty glass and asked for my drink. Sometime later he bought me my drink. And so it went on all night long. No wine menu for us to look at, he cleared our plates and glasses and never offered us another drink. It was just odd. As for the food...... it took over an hour from arriving at the restaurant for our food to finally arrive and I was genuinely shocked at the presentation of my meal. It consisted of a baked potato cut on half and baked so it was totally dry inside, a piece of pork with a couple of blobs of barbecue sauce on and 4 boiled spring onions. That was it. One of the most unappetising meals I have ever been given. It was warm, not hot, but I was so hungry by the time it arrived that I asked for some butter for the potato and ate it. My partners meal was not a lot better. Underwhelming puddings. We were just relieved to leave the restaurant and escape in the end.
Breakfast was well below the usual Hilton standards. Hot food was oily and cold. Pastries not much better. Breakfast on the second day was even worse. We were completely ignored. Offered no drinks, food from the kitchen. I had to get up and find someone to get a coffee. Someone sat next to us and I noticed they also had problems being served.
The whole food/restaurant situation at this hotel is unacceptable and really lets the hotel down. I am not the first person to complain, I doubt I will be the last and I suspect it will be the usual apology followed by we will pass this on to the department head.
If we ever stay at this hotel again it will be on a bed only basis. No amount of bribery or persuasion will get me in that restaurant again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in serene woodlands, overlooking a nine-hole golf course with putting green and driving range, Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen offers a countryside retreat, just 10 to 20 minutes by car from the shopping, entertainment and business delights of Amersfoort and Utrecht. All rooms at this beautiful hotel feature floor-to-ceiling windows and private balconies. For extra space and a separate dining area, upgrade to a spacious suite. Relax and rejuvenate in the health club with sauna, Turkish steam bath, swimming pool and fitness center. Take your exercise outdoors to the walking and jogging trails around the woodlands in the immediate vicinity. Savor local seasonal dishes with friends or colleagues at the hotel's Royal Parc Restaurant and in the summertime on our terrace overlooking the golf course. Business Guests will appreciate the short transfer time from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, access to 21 flexible meeting rooms. As an additional service to its Guests, the hotel offers complimentary WiFi in all public areas. Endless Possibilities when you organize your event at Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen! Enjoy a cool team building activity such as kiting on the dunes, volleyball or flingo. Get energized! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen Hotel Soestduinen
- Hilton Soestduinen
- Hilton International Soestduinen
- Soestduinen Hilton