Booked two family rooms for two nights before our cruise holiday departing from Venice. I had read the positive Tripadvisor reviews and thought the large rooms for a relative low price combined with the complimentary shuttle bus would be a good bargain.
The first mistake I made was assuming the shuttle bus would also apply to Treviso airport, which it does not. The shuttle bus was only provided for Marco Polo airport. Which I only found out after booking the hotel. When emailing the hotel customer service whether they would be able to arrange something else, a good alternative, the answer was no and they gave me a number of a taxi company which was honestly not the answer I had hoped for. With that answer I decided to arrange my own transfer through suntransfers.com which worked out fine in the end.
The hotel is located in a quant little suburban village with nothing but nice homes and 1 town center with a supermarket and a couple of restaurants (I would recommend Da Bruno for nice homely pasta for a decent price and good service). The railway station is just behind the hotel, which is only 2 stops to Venice.
Welcome: Arriving at the hotel the reception felt cold and not that welcoming. The receptionist behind the desk was doing her job with hardly a smile.
Rooms: the rooms and beds are quite large, especially by Italian/Venice standards. Additional beds were arranged which were also fine. The rest of the interior was okay but already showing a tired look, which also applies for the public areas. The bathroom was of a good size, however the shower did not have enough water pressure for a decent shower. Our view from the room was facing the railroad, not a very attractive view.
Breakfast: was included and had a good basic spread.
Conclusion: although the rooms are large for an economical price, I would not choose this hotel when returning to Venice. Quarto D'Altino is a nice sleepy village, but with nothing else to do.
If the service and accommodation had been better then this would indeed be a good alternative for a family visiting Venice. Unfortunately it wasn't which is a shame as I would have hoped it would be just that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino hotel, with its comfortable and fashionable rooms, is ideally located at just 20 minutes by train from the magic of Venice and provides easy access via A4 motorway to Venice Marco Polo airport (12km) and Treviso (17km). All 152 rooms offer high speed internet access and interactive TVs. In addition to our spacious Executive rooms, the hotel offers Family and Accessible rooms. You can unwind in our smart Minigym and relax in our L'Invito restaurant and bar where authentic cuisine blends perfectly with innovative and creative dishes. The Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto d'Altino is equipped with state-of-the-art conference technology and service, making it the ideal choice for business meetings, conferences and seminars (6 meeting rooms, all with natural daylight from 10 to 250 people).Wi-fi service provided throughout the hotel. Ample free car parking and garage provided on site. The CP Venice East-Quarto d'Altino has been consecutively awarded Best Hotel 2005 and Torchbearer 2006 amongst 600 IHG hotels in the EMEA region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d`Altino Hotel Quarto d`Altino
- Crowne Plaza Quarto d Altino
- Holiday Inn Venice East
- Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto D'Altino Province Of Venice, Italy