Holiday Inn Milan Linate
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Country Hotel Borromeo(Peschiera Borromeo)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Montini Hotel(Peschiera Borromeo)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsearly in the morningruns every half hourback homeroom was clean and comfortablestayed here for one nightproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We arrived late and left early in order to catch an early flight out of Milan Linate Airport. It looked like everyone else checking in was doing the same. The room smelled badly (dank, rotting food?) and we had to open the window as far as we could and turn the AC on to clear it out. That did seem to help. It was pretty noisy, but I think that was to be expected because of all the people coming and going.
The shower was great, but everything else was pretty mediocre or sub par. Unfortunately, I do not know if there are any other alternatives.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank paintermom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan Linate, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear paintermom,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Milan Linate. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you used the hotel, this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer. I will follow up with the Executive Housekeeper to avoid these situations in the future. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed six nights at this hotel because everything was booked in Milan...200 euros a night and it did not include breakfast! To get into the city we had to take the shuttle to the airport and catch the 73 bus. The room was small and clean, but noisey. A high pitched whine notified us anytime a neighboring room started a shower. We were located over the service area and listened to staff chatting on their numerous smoking breaks and also heard the constant rumble of goods moved in and out of the hotel. The restaurant menu is limited and gets old quickly, but there is not another eating option within walking distance. There are better options than this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room away from service areas and smoking if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HermistonNana
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Usually when you stay at a Holiday Inn anywhere in the world, you know in advance pretty much what to expect. It's clean, bright, well-located, and fairly well-managed. Rather "cookie-cutter," to be sure, but sometimes when your travel plans change and you need a place without having made a reservation, you see the name "Holiday Inn," and nod in relief, thinking, "OK, this will work!"

I needed a hotel near Linate Airport. I would have an early morning flight later that week, and I figured I'd stay two nights, and enjoy some pampered relaxation before taking three back-to-back flights (Milan-Paris-Atlanta-San Francisco). When my Italian friend told me that there were six hotels listed near Linate, and one was a Holiday Inn, I asked her to take me there first, hoping they would have a vacancy.

As I entered the lobby, I was struck by an unpleasant smell of... mold? Wetness? It was depressingly dark, and the decor was from decades past. This did not bode well, and under other circumstances I would have immediately turned tail and departed, but it was a holiday (Easter Monday) and I was in the middle of nowhere, needing a hotel in a foreign country, and would soon be without my friend and her car to take me elsewhere, so I waited for someone to appear at the desk.

For five minutes, no one did. Finally, after a not-so-subtle clearing of my throat, accompanied by "Is anyone here?" a harried-looking woman with headphones on peeked around the corner of her back office and told me she'd be right there. Five more minutes passed, during which absolutely no one came or left the hotel (neither guests or employees).

I figured if they were this disinterested in earning my money for a two night stay BEFORE I even checked in, who knew how much better it might get AFTER? Totally unimpressed with this level of (non-) customer service, I climbed back into my friend's car and told her that they were all booked, so she'd feel sorry for me, and take me to another hotel on the list! ;-)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Alexinasf
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My expectation from the Holiday Inn is stability. I come back for "more of the same" in therms of the facility, room and breakfast which, when included in the price of the room helps me to get to a fast start of my day. This location is no different * free parking * check-in (a bit slow, but it was late) was OK and as as Priority club member, I did not have to provide my information again, which was nice * elevator was slow as a turtle :-) * room was clean * WIFI had a strong signal * breakfast had a nice variety to pick and choose from * checkout was a bit slow.

Overall, this was another comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed here from March 30th to 31st and my experience was so and so. The hotel is not as close to the airport as expected (still a 15-17 EURO cap ride each way). Reception is fine, hallways dirty (with something that looks like stains of puke on the carpets), room was quite big with a big comfortable double bed. Room and bathroom both clean.
Breakfast was really not worth mentioning so if it isn't free it's not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan Linate, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear TheGreatDane33,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked you room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the hallways by you room. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W