Just back from a super week at I Pini which is a superb little gem just outside Fiano Romana north of Rome. It is perfect for young families but my teenage children had a brilliant time thanks to the extremely hardworking YF team of Caio, Lars and Mandy. They never stopped from morning until night with sports competitions and evening entertainment. I must also praise the reception staff who could not do enough for holidaymakers. They were just so pleasant and enormously helpful. We stayed in a Thomson Al Fresco chalet (our fifth time with them) which was excellent but anyone going to I Pini in high season must have some form of air conditioning as it was 38 most days. The beauty of this small site is that all activities take place in and around either the pool or stage area which means you continually bump into the same people and make friends very easily. I Pini is perfectly placed for Rome and like a previous reviewer we hired a car but decided to take the bus from the site which at 8 euros was so much easier. We also drove to the Hydromania water park for a great day out,
To get around it is probably best to take your own car or hire one as Fiano Romano is a small place with shops which are spread out. There are also outlets and discount stores nearby but once again, these are more easily accessed by car. A weekly treat is the local market which offers some bargains and look out for the MD supermarket which was really cheap.
One huge tip for anyone driving from Rome is to take a detailed map or check your sat nav as so many people get caught out leaving the motorway. When you drive through the tolls you must double back and take the sign which says Roma/Fiano Romano and then take the first slip road into Fiano Romano. I wasn't the only one who ended up heading to Napoli with no way of turning round for 30 kms... Others ended up heading back to Rome. An easy mistake. I would have benefited from this advice as I had Google Map directions and still got lost... Happily, it was only a minor setback and did not spoil our fine holiday.
If you are looking for a large park with lots of pools and slides then I can fully recommend Duinrell in Holland but if it's a small, clean, family friendly site with a gateway to the Eternal City and other delights of Italy then I Pini is the perfect place to stay... Divertiti!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I Pini Family Park: camping, nature, Rome, comfort and relaxation... All within your family's reach. Have you ever thought of spending a holiday in Rome while at the same time relaxing, immersed in the greenery, surrounded by all kinds of comforts and with total safety for the kids? For all of this - I Pini Family Park. Stretch out by the pools, which are designed in every detail for your children's safety, in the evocative landscape of the Roman hills... And when you like, in a few minutes you can be walking among the beauties of Rome. The perfect holiday for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and PitchUp so you can book your I Pini Family Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- i Pini Family Park Hotel Fiano Romano
- I Pini Family Park Rome/Fiano Romano, Italy