Glad I didn't look at reviews before we went as some of them are not so good. We went to I Pini in May half term, withThomson Al Fresco in a mobile home.Four of us, 2 adults, offpring age 18 and 12. We chose the site because of its proximity to Rome. Flew Ryan Air, no problems and on time. Weather was superb, hot and sunny the majority of the time. We hired a car although the site do run trips and will run you to the station where you get a train to Rome. They also run a trip to Rome, 7.30 am to 7.30pm when we looked. The site is on its own really in the countryside. We did go into the nearest town, about 5 - 10 mins by car but couldn't find a centre or anywhere to eat..this might be an idea the campsite could take up..reccomendations and a map of the nearby town.
Location..countryside, lots of trees., peaceful
Staff very helpful and friendly. On the day we arrived we had had no lunch and were starving but although the restaurant at the site was shut (had school parties in) they still let us eat, as long as we had the same as the schools, pasta/meatballs/chips, which we did. There was a mix up with the linen we had hired but again they sorted it out straight away and gave us extra blanket when we were cold. Maintaenance was very quick tooo when one of our taps leaked.
Van was well equiped, although bit crammed in. Decking was a plus.
Restaurant was nice, food reasonbl;ey priced. Bit of aschool dinner hall feeling as lots of long tables but some smaller ones. Service was ok too. Ate there a few times, and had a takeaway from there
Shop, well stocked, friendly staff, reasonable priced. HUGE barrel of local wine , you could sample and then fill up 2 1/2 litre bottles very cheaply . Choice of two white and two red. Lovely cheese counter, fresh bread delivered daily, also books on shelves you could swap with books you no longer wanted.
Owners..very friendly and helpful
Pool..wonderful.The bigger pool was shallow, soft and padded (!) Lovely slide. Theo other pool was rectangular and for swimmers really.Very clean. Never crowded,although I though half term was quite peak time. Choice of LOADS of sun loungers, quiet atmosphere. May be a different story in summer though.
Toilets and washblock clean too
Points which may be a problem/negative for some people
The Thomson vans are very crammed in , although a lot cheaper than Eurocamp. The site does have its own vans and various other companies operate there too. Te Eurocamp vans are mostly up in the shade in the trees on the edge. The tents are near the pool. Our van was near the pool, and we soon got used to the proximity of other vans as have been on other sites with Eurocamp where we have been very close to other units..its luck of the draw re pitches.
Paths are quite uneven round the site, tree roots have bumped them up although not too bad.
No notices to say how air con worked etc..altho this is Thomsons area not I Pini. there is no Thomson rep on site.
For us there wasn't much to do in the evening, although again we have found this before on Eurocamp sites. Depends what you like to do ohn holiday and we knew this wouldn't be a holiday where we were strolling down to the nearby town and choosing a restaurant to dine in. There was no entertainment, although we were perhaps early in the season
Rather large insects/hornets...take insect spray! Not a lot of them but they were around.
all in all we really enjoyed our holiday, it combined peacefulness with visits to Rome. A week was enough for us though, we had done all we wanted to do and chilled out as much as we wanted to. I would return though if I wanted to visit Rome again as it's nice to get away from the busy city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I Pini Family Park: camping, nature, Rome, comfort and relaxation... All within your family's reach. Have you ever thought of spending a holiday in Rome while at the same time relaxing, immersed in the greenery, surrounded by all kinds of comforts and with total safety for the kids? For all of this - I Pini Family Park. Stretch out by the pools, which are designed in every detail for your children's safety, in the evocative landscape of the Roman hills... And when you like, in a few minutes you can be walking among the beauties of Rome. The perfect holiday for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your I Pini Family Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- i Pini Family Park Hotel Fiano Romano
- I Pini Family Park Rome/Fiano Romano, Italy