“Good hotel for business travellers needing hotel North of Rome”

BEST WESTERN Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fiano Romano
Milan, Italy
“Good hotel for business travellers needing hotel North of Rome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been here several times as I do business in the area.
Location excellent next to the highway.
This hotel invariably delivers the goods, in a no frills manner.
If you are looking for a well located hotel North of Rome this place is fine.
Reception is helpful.
As the people who manage this hotel do what needs to be done to make you at ease and resolve any issues, I can recommend this hotel.

A few things you need to know:
The dependance has better and more modern rooms, it is the building in front.
The hotel is also used by tour operators, so if you need to be there on specific dates, you better book in advance.
There may be a slight difference in price and availability of rooms between booking.com and the Best Western website. (I have had some issues with the latter, and once have been obliged to use their phone booking service).

The hotel has a pool, although I have never used it.
Parking in the area between the two buildings of the hotel. It can be quite full at times, with cars and busses.
Breakfast is OK and acceptable for continental style, but I have seen better in terms of choice.
WiFi has given me some problems of speed in the past, but at my last visit it appeared to have been fixed. If it is indispensable for you, you may want to check.
There are family rooms available, and they are not expensive. I'll add a picture of the bathroom.

Overall I come to this hotel because it is good value and does the right things.

Room Tip: Prefer the new building in front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank marnixgroet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed 4 days in this lovely hotel just twenty minutes by car from downtown rome. The rooms are very silent , comfortable and quite spacious . The staff was very helpful to us and helped us out with some annoying issues we had with the airline . It has been pleasant to sit by the pool one relaxing afternoon. Food was very satisfying especially beakfast. I strongly recommend this hotel for people who want to visit rome but also relax.

• Stayed June 2013
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We didn't realize how far out of town this hotel was when we made the reservation, but we made the best of it and enjoyed our stay. We're actually glad we didn't stay in the heart of Rome. It was nice to get away in the evenings to a bit of peace and quiet. The accomodations were nice, clean, and the restaurant served delicious food. The outdoor pool area was beautiful, but the weather was a little too chilly to enjoy it. We did not have a car, so the shuttle service was very helpful, although it was only at no charge during a small window of time. However, it served us well and the front desk staff was very helpful in reserving the shuttle for us and assisting us with directions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank smstafford
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I go to the area for work quite regularly, and I need a quiet hotel, easy to reach, easy to check in and out. I love the Best Western as i collect the points and I can spend them on family holidays.
It's family run, wonderful breakfast (they squeeze fresh oranges and viennoiseries are all homemade). Rooms are standard size- do not agree with earlier posts- and always extremely clean. Always worth asking for an upgrade to the suites. Wifi in the business point is free and efficient.
I stayed on other hotels in the area and always regretted it!
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Ask for the owner and before confirm a standard room ask for a good rate for the the suites rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brereton, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I arrived to a foyer full of tourists from Asia, and thought, "Oh dear, this will be a long wait." The gentleman on the desk, however, called me forward fairly quickly. He was very pleasant and efficient. I was most impressed.

I stayed in room 307 on the third floor, and the room was of a good size, quiet and clean. I liked the ease of adjusting the air-conditioning. There was also a fair amount of wardrobe space for hanging clothes, but he room lacked shelf or drawer space. The utilities in the room were not good. There was one wall-socket close to the bed, and one more near the desk. No kettle available, but can be requested for free from reception. Why not just put it into the room? The TV has hundreds of channels, and it took me forever to find the one English Language channel. (BBC News 24) With that many channels, why stick to one for English?

The bathroom was good and bad. It was clean, had a toilet, a sink, a shower cubicle, a hairdryer and a bidet, which is good. The shower cubicle, though, is very claustrophobic. As my years on earth have grown, so has my frame. Even when I was thin, I was broad-shouldered. The shower cubicle was very much a tight fit. The shower jet was also quite poor. I like a powerful jet of water, but this shower did not have that. Hot water was plentiful, however, unlike other reviewers have stated about this hotel.

The bed was large, but HARD. The pillows were not comfortable. The wall-socket by the bed kept tripping a fuse of the light opposite whenever I plugged something into it.

Breakfast was not great. It was adequate, but not great. To my mind, meat was very much lacking, as was cheese. Lots of bread and yoghurts, but little meat and cheese. I did like the machine for crushing fresh oranges into juice. The staff were polite, hard-working and friendly.

As it was winter, I didn't get to try the pool or grounds, but they looked really nice through the windows.

All in all, I would use this hotel again, and would recommend it. The frustration for me is that it lacks so little that it would be so easy to make this into a really good hotel. It has all the main ingredients, but needs that little more.

Room Tip: A fair way from the centre of Rome, but not a bad hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

the room is very big for 2 ppl (they gave us a 3 ppl room)
clean, comfortable, but the staff is not very patient.
The restaurant of the hotel is nice, and the red wine which the waiter suggested was delicious.
Free internet plus the breakfast is not bad.
There is a beautiful swimming pool but we didn't try it in winter.
Very comfortable staying, very recommend:)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank palace1230
Bari, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is far from Rome but, at the same time, is very confortable for business travelers. Price is right and the free parking lot is a welcome bonus. Rooms are confortable and clean.
However it does not fit the needs of families and tourists, since it is too far from Rome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tiburtino
BEST WESTERN Blu Hotel Roma
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Milton Roma
BEST WESTERN Hotel President

Been to BEST WESTERN Park Hotel? Share your experiences!