Have just returned from a 1 week holiday at the Grand Hotel. Thought the hotel was a bit jaded but had a good clean room with fresh towels daily and bed linen changed mid week. Food at the hotel was good some days and not so good other days but in general there was always a large selection and you never went hungry. Must say though that we arrived mid-week and a large number of Italians arrived on the Friday/Saturday and the food improved greatly but you had to make sure you were in the restaurant earlier to make sure you got the best selection.
Very disappointed with the surrounding area though. The village was littered with debris and the stench from un-emptied bins on the way down to the beach from the main road was awful. The beach itself was not too bad but we did find a syringe lying amongst the shells. Some of the buildings around the hotel were derelict and the area had a look of what I would imagine Beirut looks like at present. Did not feel very safe walking around in the day time so did not venture from the hotel in the evenings.
The pool area was very good with a lovely large pool and two smaller pools for the children. The pool was lovely and clean and their were ample sunbeds which were not cramped togehter.
The evening entertainment was basic but on the first few nights we joined in and had some fun. After the arrival of the Italian guests however we felt excluded from the entertainment as they played Italian "games" every night. The girl behind the terrace bar was very good and always very helpful and smiling, as was the Pizza man.
Luckily we met some lovely people and their company made the holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Pinetamare is situated near the Phlegrean Fields (Campi Flegrei), an area with a long history and many archaeological discoveries. The hotel is extremely well connected with all the towns that make Campania so attractive: it takes no time at all to make a pleasant trip to Vesuvius or the islands... to the Amalfi Coast, to the several places of cultural and historical interest, with their beautiful scenery, surrounding the wonderful city of Naples. A four star hotel, open all year round, only 20 kilometres from Naples, situated between the sea and the pine forest, with 170 rooms and excellent parking facilities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Pinetamare Club Castel Volturno
- Grand Hotel Pinetamare Club And Resort
- Grand Resort Pinetamare
- Grand Hotel Pinetamare Club & Resort Italy/Province Of Naples - Castel Volturno